• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Oh snap

2022 is really gonna be a crazy gaming year

Legends Arceus
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
Splatoon 3
BOTW2
Elden Ring
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnorak
Gran Turismo 7
Starfield
KOF XV
Sifu
GhostWire Tokyo

IT KEEPS GOING

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Something that has been on my mind from the latest Pokémon Legends: Arcues trailer: The clans were talking about a deity who created Hisui named "Sinnoh." But who is that?

I see three different possibilities:
Found out.

It's Diamond Clan's name for Dialga and Pearl Clan's name for Palkia

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Can't wait until they eventually tackle Egyptian and maybe even Mayan mythology.
They might.
Even since the OG 2005 game, they've thrown references to Egyptian mythology in the series's games, such as the 2018 game having a relic of the Egyptian goddess of love, Hathor.
NOT sure if this reciprocates for Mayan mythology, though.

Dude imagine Kratos taking on Ra and Anubis

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
VivziePop's Patreon shared an exclusive video containing storyboards and rough animations of Helluva Boss episode 8 plus little bits of season 2 that's coming in 2022.

It looks awesome and I can't wait for them to come! 😈

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean Ralph 2 never interested me but the movie did get an near 90% on RT so someone liking Ralph 2 isn't really out of the ordinary.
Acknowledgment of entertainment's subjectivity? In my video game forum?

Oh snap

2022 is really gonna be a crazy gaming year

Legends Arceus
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
Splatoon 3
BOTW2
Elden Ring
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnorak
Gran Turismo 7
Starfield
KOF XV
Sifu
GhostWire Tokyo

IT KEEPS GOING
I think Bayo 3 is the only one I'll definitely pick up but I may try GhostWire Tokyo in the future. Maybe. Probably not with how video game prices are nowadays.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Acknowledgment of entertainment's subjectivity? In my video game forum?
Oh sorry. My opinion is fact, and if you like things I don't like, then you are everything wrong with this world and are the reason why we'll never get quality entertainment to my standards ever again. Also you suck and should stop living immediately. **** you.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of things that are not bugs:

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Raptor race:

1639752786647.png

“I’m Raptor Itsumade. How long am I gonna be a tool for you humans...?”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Japanese mythology. An eerie bird that appears in the heroic epic Taiheiki, with a human face, a curved beak, a serpentine torso, and sharp talons. Its name means “until when?”, which comes from the occurrence where it cried out this phrase on top of a tall building almost every night during an epidemic illness before it was shot down. Itsumade's origin may be a vengeful spirit demanding a burial, asking until when the corpses will be left out in open.

Skills: Sukunda, Maragi, Mudo

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Haunt race.

Snake-like body aside, Itsumade matches its descriptions mainly by being… well, eerie. Its “human face” takes the shape of a skull and while it doesn’t look as big as the written records say it is (almost 5 meters), it still gives a spooky air. Though, for some reason, I think it also looks a little cute. Maybe that’s just me. Like a lot of other bird demons, it’s rather weak and can be dealt with easily using electric skills.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’d just rather have actual Disney characters on the roster. Because Kingdom Hearts is DISNEY X FINAL FANTASY. I’d rather have them then 13 generic black coats with different heads copy pasted onto the same body and different weapons. I will miss no opportunity to **** on organization xiii. They suck.

Also did you watch Wreck It Ralph 2? All of those princesses could kick your ass.
Honestly I feel like you should probably just flat out make a Disney fighting game if you’re so opposed to the KH original elements,

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I feel like you should probably just flat out make a Disney fighting game if you’re so opposed to the KH original elements,
I'm not opposed to Sora, Riku, Kairi, Xehanort, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, heck even Eraqus. They're cool and fine. Plus I want the Final Fantasy stuff. I'll even throw in Roxas just for the fans. I just HATE Organization XIII.

Playing Birth By Sleep I've learned something else that makes me hate them even more. Most of them are originally from Radiant Garden. The stand-in Final Fantasy world! They should have been Final Fantasy villains. Then at least it would have been interesting to fight them and they'd have unique personalities and designs.

Seriously. Keep the Nobodies angle. You can even keep the kings of white bread toast known as Roxas and Ansem. But then have the rest of the Organization all be nobodies of Iconic Final Fantasy villains from the (convenient for the number of organization slots left) eleven main games that existed at the time.

But anyway. I'm fine with KH's original stuff for the most part. I just really don't like Organization XIII and it's making this roster annoying to make in my head because people would give me **** for leaving them out and there's ****ing THIRTEEN of them! That's thirteen roster slots for thirteen boring black coated wastes of space. I hate them all so much.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Someone on Twitter said this in regards to Spider-Man: No Way Home's high global box office numbers:

"A movie set to break actual box office numbers records, not manufactured ones."

Me: How exactly are the box office performances of the films released this year are considered "manufactured?"

This is one of the reasons why I might as well stay out of Twitter these days.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Someone on Twitter said this in regards to Spider-Man: No Way Home's high global box office numbers:

"A movie set to break actual box office numbers records, not manufactured ones."

Me: How exactly are the box office performances of the films released this year are considered "manufactured?"

This is one of the reasons why I might as well stay out of Twitter these days.
MCU fans look at sale numbers and just straight-up lie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They might.
Even since the OG 2005 game, they've thrown references to Egyptian mythology in the series's games, such as the 2018 game having a relic of the Egyptian goddess of love, Hathor.
NOT sure if this reciprocates for Mayan mythology, though.

Dude imagine Kratos taking on Ra and Anubis
Or Sobek!

Regarding Mayan Mythology, the developers mention they'd also tackle it eventually.

Hoping for Japanese as well eventually. :D

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I want my No Way Home first time back…
Please, allow me to take this joke seriously, and present to you the single best thing in my life. It let me forget Mother 3 and Dark Tower spoilers. It isn’t great for forgetting entire movies, but you can re-experience a good portion of it.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Mans really just said Shang Chi of all things flopped.

Like the other two are obviously stupid (especially clickbaiting the gay couple in Eternals), but in what universe did anyone think Shang Chi would flop?

Sidenote: I hate it when someone edits a picture of a character to be frowning, theres gotta be plenty of actual movie stills where a character isn’t smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom