• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Wademan94 Wademan94 MooMew64 MooMew64 this song is finally on my phone. It's gonna be so long relaxing listening to this while cycling.

Anyways guys I'm gonna be out for most of the day so I'll be answer some questions later on. AMAs are fun.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pokémon Evolutions episode 7 :249: :250:

This was a very solid episode, it takes the performance of the Kimono Girls from the original game and expands it in a beautiful way. The visual style, the use of the Pokemon (especially their Eeveelutions), and the way the story of the legend was conveyed was well done, and it even had a few cute moments thrown in there such as the Totodile trying to put out the fake fire. Another thing that it does that I greatly appreciate is expand on the original lore in a meaningful way. As much as I love Lugia, its role in the Burned Tower story is barely touched upon as the focus is on the Beasts and Ho-oh. Here we get its perspective and they tell us what it was doing during the events and how they led to it taking to the seas as its new home. That's something I always look for with these shorts as these are one of the few times we get to see perspectives from different characters, and this did deliver in that respect.

There's not much I can complain about this one aside from maybe wanting a longer runtime, but it made good use of the time it had.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man: No Way Home review…not really

it was the greatest movie I’ve ever ****ing seen

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You'd be surprised how much of a task it can be to get manga volumes when you put it off even for a short time.

"Oh hey, Jujutsu Kaisen is just starting. Okay, whatever." Two years later. "AHHHHH THIRTEEN VOLUMES ALREADY?!!!" :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You'd be surprised how much of a task it can be to get manga volumes when you put it off even for a short time.

"Oh hey, Jujutsu Kaisen is just starting. Okay, whatever." Two years later. "AHHHHH THIRTEEN VOLUMES ALREADY?!!!" :yoshi:
That's why Fullmetal Alchemist is the only manga I ever collected all the volumes. Same with Sandman if we're counting western comics.

I try buying Haikyuu and Jujutsu Kaisen when I have the chance but I start running out of shelf space after a while.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That's why Fullmetal Alchemist is the only manga I ever collected all the volumes. Same with Sandman if we're counting western comics.

I try buying Haikyuu and Jujutsu Kaisen when I have the chance but I start running out of shelf space after a while.
I've been constantly buying Dr. Stone and have every English volume so far, but that's because I started early. I'm gonna do the same for Frieren and Dai no Daibouken :yoshi:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

I saw No Way Home, it was pretty kino

I'm not gonna review it but I am gonna ramble a bit but there will be spoilers so I'll only be warning you twice

This movie was fanservicey and I love it. Matt Murdock showed up for one scene and everyone in the crowd cheered, myself included. I didn't watch the Daredevil Netflix show but I do like Daredevil so it was nice to see him

The villains were great aside from Sandman who didn't really have much of a reason to be there imo, but even so he was still fun. Lizard talked a lot for what is essentially a humanoid lizard but he was actually really ****ing funny, and Jamie Fox's Electro was a highlight. Doc Ock was also great and I liked how they cured him first and then it paid off in the final act. Willem Defoe's Green Goblin stole every scene he was in and was basically everything I wanted from the character, even better than Spider-Man 1 I feel. I may biased since he's my favorite Marvel villain but my friend agreed with me. Also he said the funny meme line and the entire crowd cheered

I loved Tobey and Andrew in this. It's been a hot minute since I watched either of their films but I absolutely loved the way they were incorporated, they were basically the mentors Tom Holland's Spider-Man needed the most after Aunt May died and the call-backs to their films were great. Also the interactions between them made me so giddy and everyone in the crowd seemed to agree. I do feel like the amount of fanservicey moments between them and Tom Holland (as well as their respective universe's villains) dragged on longer than they should have and made the third act way slower paced and they're the main reason the movie was this long, but I'm willing to forgive that

But enough about the fanservicey elements - Tom Holland's Spider-Man actually had a really interesting arc in this movie about how with great power comes great responsibility - so basically, how to become Spider-Man. And it definitely felt like a much more traditional Spider-Man flick compared to every other MCU made Spider-Man films. Aunt May's death hit hard and so did the moment he met up with Ned and MJ after erasing himself from everyone's memories. Basically no one knows who Peter Parker is anymore and I think that's really sad but also appropriate. The next Spider-Man movie is gonna be weird as ****, that's for sure.

Also I guess Venom's gonna be in it

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m trying to make a roster for a kingdom hearts fighting game but I’m struggling because there are so many characters to add, and I keep going back and forth on adding organization 13 members. I want to focus on Disney and Final Fantasy characters but there are just so many bland Nomura Black Coat OCs that people will probably chop my head off if I don’t include.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m trying to make a roster for a kingdom hearts fighting game but I’m struggling because there are so many characters to add, and I keep going back and forth on adding organization 13 members. I want to focus on Disney and Final Fantasy characters but there are just so many bland Nomura Black Coat OCs that people will probably chop my head off if I don’t include.
If you hate Kingdom Hearts' original characters so much why not just skip them and make it a Disney x FF fighting game proper?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you hate Kingdom Hearts' original characters so much why not just skip them and make it a Disney x FF fighting game proper?
Because I’m fine with Sora, Riku, Kairi, and Xehanort. It’s literally just Organization XIII I hate. And they take up so many slots!

And also that’s just what Kingdom Heart is. Or what it’s supposed to be.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because I’m fine with Sora, Riku, Kairi, and Xehanort. It’s literally just Organization XIII I hate. And they take up so many slots!
Then don't put them in. This is your roster, you can add anyone you want.

Even without them, you still have Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Naminé, Master Eraqus, etc.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then don't put them in. This is your roster, you can add anyone you want.

Even without them, you still have Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Naminé, Master Eraqus, etc.
Naminé doesn’t fight. I’m fine with Team Heartbreak. I literally just forgot about them. And Master Eraqus I go off and on with.

Then again my reasoning with Naminé doesn’t hold much water when I’m also including the seven princesses of heart from KH1.

I just like to imagine myself as a hypothetical game designer when I pick rosters and I can easily imagine it turning into a “no X-Men” level thing. Especially since “Nobodies don’t exist” is like a line in the game.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Naminé doesn’t fight. I’m fine with Team Heartbreak. I literally just forgot about them. And Master Eraqus I go off and on with.

Then again my reasoning with Naminé doesn’t hold much water when I’m also including the seven princesses of heart from KH1.

I just like to imagine myself as a hypothetical game designer when I pick rosters and I can easily imagine it turning into a “no X-Men” level thing. Especially since “Nobodies don’t exist” is like a line in the game.
Lol, the 7 princesses of heart? That's not a pick I think is agreeable with just about any type of KH fan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lol, the 7 princesses of heart? That's not a pick I think is agreeable with just about any type of KH fan.
Yeah I don’t think anyone’s gonna miss not having someone like Aurora on the roster
I’d just rather have actual Disney characters on the roster. Because Kingdom Hearts is DISNEY X FINAL FANTASY. I’d rather have them then 13 generic black coats with different heads copy pasted onto the same body and different weapons. I will miss no opportunity to **** on organization xiii. They suck.

Also did you watch Wreck It Ralph 2? All of those princesses could kick your ass.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It was full of product placement and character assasnination, not to mention it basically abandoned the setting that made the original movie appealing (imo)
Like the first movie wasn't also product placement. And what do you mean character assasination? Oh well, nevermind. I don't want to argue about Wreck-It Ralph Goddamn 2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love how the first movie Vanellope worked everything in her power to get her role back in her game.

Then the second movie just has her discard all that where she grows bored and leaves it basically going "Turbo" despite the consequences of it in the first film.

They also turned Ralph into this clingy crybaby.

First movie will always be standalone to me.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Wreck It Ralph is good
Not a huge fan of the sequel

Also update: Won't be seeing NWH today
I have one more final tomorrow (Yes, on a Saturday 😭😭) and my friend wants to spend as much time studying as possible and I kinda agree with him on that.
How the **** am I gonna dodge spoilers until I see it? I have no clue...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wreck-It Ralph I thought was good but wasn't great. Also felt it spent too much time on Sugar Rush and the Nicelanders not liking Ralph didn't make sense since he really wasn't a bad guy but just played the role of it basically in the vein of an actor.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In terms of games God of War: Ragnarok is what I'm most excited for next year.

Can't wait until they eventually tackle Egyptian and maybe even Mayan mythology.

Movies, there's just too many to list but Black Adam, Top Gun: Maverick, The Batman, Jurassic World: Dominion and Doctor Strange 2 are definitely on top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom