• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You did, you said except for Eternals and The Suicide Squad unless I misinterpreted your post.

In that case, glad you enjoyed it. Even if you didn't because it's one of those movies I admit won't be for everyone.
I meant to say "I watched every Marvel films except for the Eternals, and I also watched Suicide Squad"

I can see why you misinterpreted it though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my DBZ Kai marathon return was quickly ruined once the opening vocals changed back to being inferior and garbage compared to Vic Mignogna
quote time
Oh you very poor soul. I'm so sorry you had to endure that...
I at least got Korra as Diana, and her voice fit perfectly enoughly well
Welcome to another Mighty Top list, this time top ??? Films of 2021.

2. Black Widow. ScarJo does stuff and poses a lot. However, there were no spiders involved nor was she black
1. A Quiet Place 2. They were quiet. There was a place. It was a sequel. You get what you paid for.

That's it
needs more Spidey

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My favorite movie of 2021 is definitely The Mitchells vs the Machines. Probably not my favorite movie of all time but I really enjoyed the stylized animation, the humor and the fun premise of Goofy Movie + Robot Apocalypse.

I'm also 99% certain Aaron Mitchell is deliberately autistic coded. Aside from his obvious hyperfixation/special interest there's so much attention to detail such as the way he stims by chewing on his shirt. Great to see autistic representation that doesn't fall into the common pitfalls or stereotypes.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Omnicon right now.

Plus $57 million from the international numbers and the current worldwide box office total is more than $110 million.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I want to live in a world where Gohan is stronger than Whis and Beerus while never transforming into a Super Saiyan

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
IDK man, I don't really expect the height of cinema when I watch a movie like Space Jam.

Granted, I have yet to watch it, but I know animation YouTube acted like the movie desecrated all of cinema and killed their dog.

Sometimes ya gotta just learn to have fun with things. Learn to take the critic goggles off for once.:drshrug:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TBH I'd probably just wonder why it wasn't KH related and be disappointed with it, personally, and this is speaking as a FF7 diehard.
Elaborating, Sora would be in it, but like I want to focus on Disney and Final Fantasy characters on the roster and not be forced to include all the generic OCs cough cough Organization 13 cough cough

Noipoi

Howdy!
IDK man, I don't really expect the height of cinema when I watch a movie like Space Jam.

Granted, I have yet to watch it, but I know animation YouTube acted like the movie desecrated all of cinema and killed their dog.

Sometimes ya gotta just learn to have fun with things. Learn to take the critic goggles off for once.:drshrug:
It’s stupid but it’s not ruining cinema like these guys would have you believe.

It’s actually kinda gasp fun!

Based on what was said earlier, I want to gauge actual opinions on this idea. A Disney x Final Fantasy fighting game, that's explicitly NOT Kingdom Hearts.
I’d wonder why the hell Kingdom Hearts wasn’t included when it’s the Disney x FF series.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well we still haven’t been able to get my cat back. On the plus side we know he’s safe and knows where to hide. We just haven’t gotten him to come out yet. Hopefully he will soon though.

On another side, I got to see Spider-Mam No Way Home, and damn it’s an amazing movie. Easily one of the best movies marvel has ever done. It perfectly caps the trilogy for Tom Holland.

Also some spoilers:
Them making a “I’m something of a scientist” joke and jokes about Tobey maguire back injuries on set were pretty unexpected but funny.

Also Alfred Molina crushed it as Doc Ock. It was great to see him in the side of the good. Also interesting setup for Ned to join the sanctum. The next Tom Holland movies should be pretty great.

KillerCage

Smash Master
My favorite movie of 2021 is definitely The Mitchells vs the Machines. Probably not my favorite movie of all time but I really enjoyed the stylized animation, the humor and the fun premise of Goofy Movie + Robot Apocalypse.

I'm also 99% certain Aaron Mitchell is deliberately autistic coded. Aside from his obvious hyperfixation/special interest there's so much attention to detail such as the way he stims by chewing on his shirt. Great to see autistic representation that doesn't fall into the common pitfalls or stereotypes.
I think I have to agree with you about The Mitchells vs the Machines being the best film of this year I saw.
At least until I see No Way Home.

MooMew64

So it's either satisfy Snake and disappoint everyone else or disappoint Snake and satisfy everyone else....

That's a ****ing mood.
I mean...It's just my opinion, there's nothing objective or factual about it, so if it would make you happy, then IDK why my preferences on the theoretical roster should matter.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean...It's just my opinion, there's nothing objective or factual about it, so if it would make you happy, then IDK why my preferences on the roster should matter.
Because like... I like to imagine myself as an actual hypothetical game designer when I do these. Plus half the fun of making a roster is sharing it and if nobody would like what you share then why make it?

MooMew64

Because like... I like to imagine myself as an actual hypothetical game designer when I do these. Plus half the fun of making a roster is sharing it and if nobody would like what you share then why make it?
No, that's what I was saying: I'm only me, one person, I'm sure there are definitely people who would be onboard with your idea. World's a pretty big place, after all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We’ll if you’re considering yourself the developer, you have to think about both what you want to implement and what the player would like. And if the player wants something you don’t, and it not gonna negatively effect the game or anything, then you gotta make some compromises and just put in the thing you don’t like. If it makes the player happy.

But it’s also a hypothetical so I kinda don’t give a ****, that’s just my perspective as a minor content creator.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
YouTube critics when a movie is just shut your brain off stupid fun instead of being the profound Citizen Kane of Animation Cinematic Masterpiece
View attachment 340519
Should I assume that they only smash their computer monitor after posting a 2-hour long rant video decrying a film?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We’ll if you’re considering yourself the developer, you have to think about both what you want to implement and what the player would like. And if the player wants something you don’t, and it not gonna negatively effect the game or anything, then you gotta make some compromises and just put in the thing you don’t like. If it makes the player happy.

But it’s also a hypothetical so I kinda don’t give a ****, that’s just my perspective as a minor content creator.
I've been futzing over this all ****ing day. But you're right. I'll just do what I want.

Heck, it works for Nintendo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m trying to figure out what caused my big depressive spell yesterday

I feel like thoughts and memories played a part

but usually that alone doesn’t get me down that bad…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom