• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
**** it new pfp and the long awaited quote change. My Generation by The Who has to be one of my all time favourite songs.

(Though feel like I'm stealing Wademan94 Wademan94 's thunder by doing characters with glasses, still love ya as a friend....just thought I'd jump in and do it for once. I mean I don't wear glasses but I always thought I'd look good in them. Maybe I should slightly blind myself. I'm joking).

Beyond the Boundary's first two episodes has impressed me.

Alright who wants to see my comic concept :nifty:
Does the Pope **** in the woods?

Of course.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve wanted to make a webcomic for a while now. Not for fame Or a fanbase or anything, (though it would be nice), but just to see if I could. I’ve had many ideas, but I think I’m gonna make this one a reality.
7A61E993-9B94-4F2B-8F69-52C7732AE3FB.jpg

THE PLOT:

In a world of magic and martial arts, an army of Demons from a parallel dimension have invaded the land. And they’ve won. Civilization has fallen, humanity has been enslaved, and the last bastion of hope lies in four goofball teenagers.

Comet, Dark Thunder, Mono, and Krag. Together, along with an unhelpful chicken, they must find a way to defeat the King of the Demons and restore peace to the world. If only they could figure out how.

If you couldn’t tell, I was heavily inspired by the older western Sonic canon. With the freedom fighters, trying to take back the world from the bad guys, and stuff like that. I also took hints from DBZ, Naruto, and Kung Fu Panda. Cuz ninjas and Kung fu are cool bro.

While the plot is kinda dark, it’s much more focused on the gags and character interactions. With some fights as well. I think the main cast (including the villains who I haven’t drawn yet ;)) all have fun personality’s and work off each other in funny ways.

Now imma drop some character bios and you’re gonna read em
94DFA35F-6621-46E2-AA33-47F0C8EC997C.jpg

90D0B812-685D-4EBC-B50D-0CD7E7A85279.jpg

EFE317A5-78D1-47F6-8BD9-0606876B78CD.jpg

F58CA88D-63FD-460F-ACD4-C0AFEB46AB65.jpg

A82D4AAC-4E5E-4D60-B088-8CB8E8B608E9.jpg

I dunno man, I like these guys. They’re not the most unique character types in the world, but whenever I put them in different scenarios funny things tend to happen. I guess that means I did good, I dunno.

And here’s a few test comics, just to work out a couple character interactions. Figured it’d be cool to show you guys I promise the actual comic will look better than this lol

A1F6D263-E5F8-43A0-B851-80275603976F.jpg

63123517-9230-49C4-949B-2753C01578D2.jpg

4B742AFB-7E54-43DF-9A7C-2BBF3601A788.jpeg

BB05D44C-58BA-49E8-ADFA-25837A3FAC9E.jpg

Nothing special, just a few gags. I think they’re pretty fun though.

So yeah, that’s that. I’m not giving a release date, it’ll take a while before I’m ready to start dropping the real comic consistently, but I think I’m gonna try this out. And I thank any of you who would read it from the bottom of my heart!

Also it doesn’t have a name yet lol

AndreaAC AndreaAC Knight Dude Knight Dude Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! MooMew64 MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge TheMightyP TheMightyP Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Jondolio Jondolio @Jotadé Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Shroob Shroob i dunno how you’re doing bro, I hope good. If not and I’m annoying you with my doodles then I’m super sorry dude. I understand it’s been kinda rough for you. But you’re my bro and I want you to see my projects Y’know?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I’ve wanted to make a webcomic for a while now. Not for fame Or a fanbase or anything, (though it would be nice), but just to see if I could. I’ve had many ideas, but I think I’m gonna make this one a reality.

View attachment 340079

THE PLOT:

In a world of magic and martial arts, an army of Demons from a parallel dimension have invaded the land. And they’ve won. Civilization has fallen, humanity has been enslaved, and the last bastion of hope lies in four goofball teenagers.

Comet, Dark Thunder, Mono, and Krag. Together, along with an unhelpful chicken, they must find a way to defeat the King of the Demons and restore peace to the world. If only they could figure out how.

If you couldn’t tell, I was heavily inspired by the older western Sonic canon. With the freedom fighters, trying to take back the world from the bad guys, and stuff like that. I also took hints from DBZ, Naruto, and Kung Fu Panda. Cuz ninjas and Kung fu are cool bro.

While the plot is kinda dark, it’s much more focused on the gags and character interactions. With some fights as well. I think the main cast (including the villain’s who I haven’t drawn yet ;)) all have fun personality’s and work off each other in funny ways.

View attachment 340081
View attachment 340082
View attachment 340083
View attachment 340084
View attachment 340085

I dunno man, I like these guys. They’re not the most unique character types in the world, but whenever I put them in different scenarios funny things tend to happen. I guess that means I did good, I dunno.

And here’s a few test comics, just to work out a couple character interactions. Figured it’d be cool to show you guys I promise the actual comic will look better than this lol

View attachment 340086
View attachment 340087
View attachment 340088
View attachment 340089

So yeah, that’s that. I’m not giving a release date, it’ll take a while before I’m ready to start dropping the real comic consistently, but I think I’m gonna try this out. And I thank any of you who would read it from the bottom of my heart!

AndreaAC AndreaAC Knight Dude Knight Dude Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! MooMew64 MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge TheMightyP TheMightyP Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Jondolio Jondolio @Jotadé Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Shroob Shroob i dunno how you’re doing bro, I hope good. If not and I’m annoying you with my doodles then I’m super sorry dude. I understand it’s been kinda rough for you. But you’re my bro and I want you to see my projects Y’know?
I love it dude. Your art is so cool.

Makes me want to improve myself at my own work. I think that's what I'll do tonight along with something on the server.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 340090
THE PLOT:

While the plot is kinda dark, it’s much more focused on the gags and character interactions. With some fights as well. I think the main cast (including the villains who I haven’t drawn yet ;)) all have fun personality’s and work off each other in funny ways.

View attachment 340081
View attachment 340082
View attachment 340083
View attachment 340084
View attachment 340085

View attachment 340086
View attachment 340087
View attachment 340088
View attachment 340089

This is rad as can be, dude. I love the SatAM influence and Naruto vibes.

You also draw the most expressive characters. This is really, really cool.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 340090
THE PLOT:

View attachment 340081
View attachment 340082
View attachment 340083
View attachment 340084
View attachment 340085

View attachment 340086
View attachment 340087
View attachment 340088
View attachment 340089

You bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna be reading 'em.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
View attachment 340090
THE PLOT:

View attachment 340081
View attachment 340082
View attachment 340083
View attachment 340084
View attachment 340085

View attachment 340086
View attachment 340087
View attachment 340088
View attachment 340089

This sounds epic. I'm here for that Shonen parody vibe. Coincidentally, some of the characters actually remind me of character concepts I've thought of in the past. Specifically Dark Thunder because I always found the idea of a female Shonen rival to be really cool.

Anyway I'm absolutely looking forward to reading the full thing, it seems like the type of thing that's right up my alley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy osby osby Speed Weed Speed Weed Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64

So, as if this week couldn't get any worse for me two neighbours started a seemingly violent fight which got to call the police.
My father being one of the managers of the building wanted to come in to help but the police denied him. It got to the point where the police started pushing my father violently and shouted "this has to be the ****tiest community we''ve ever touched in our ****ing lifes", words which hurt me a lot.

The police took the two neighbours to their cars, and right now I'm trying to go out to go take a walk somewhere on the city to cope with It all, but my parents for some reason won't let me.

And because I know that some... People on this site won't trust me for ****, here's a screenshot from a Discord server I frequent writing It down as It went on with an actual photo:

Screenshot_20211211-190011_Discord.jpg

Between the volcano, the NFT **** being everywhere, the recent death I had to also cope with on my own and now this whole mess... I'm not feeling well, I'm so sorry.

Still thinking about what to do with this site for the coming days.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 340090
THE PLOT:

View attachment 340081
View attachment 340082
View attachment 340083
View attachment 340084
View attachment 340085

View attachment 340086
View attachment 340087
View attachment 340088
View attachment 340089

:D OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO WONDERFUL AND FUN! I love their designs and I had a wonderful time reading their descriptions! :3 And great test comics too! xD Your style and the way you use expressions is just PERFECT for a project like this! :3 I look forward to see more, Noi! ^u^ Thank you for tagging me! (xD I really have had a good time today that is my birthday and this made it even better!)

Noipoi

Howdy!
:D OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO WONDERFUL AND FUN! I love their designs and I had a wonderful time reading their descriptions! :3 And great test comics too! xD Your style and the way you use expressions is just PERFECT for a project like this! :3 I look forward to see more, Noi! ^u^ Thank you for tagging me! (xD I really have had a good time today that is my birthday and this made it even better!)
Yoooo happy birthday!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy osby osby Speed Weed Speed Weed Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64

So, as if this week couldn't get any worse for me two neighbours started a seemingly violent fight which got to call the police.
My father being one of the managers of the building wanted to come in to help but the police denied him. It got to the point where the police started pushing my father violently and shouted "this has to be the ****tiest community we''ve ever touched in our ****ing lifes", words which hurt me a lot.

The police took the two neighbours to their cars, and right now I'm trying to go out to go take a walk somewhere on the city to cope with It all, but my parents for some reason won't let me.

And because I know that some... People on this site won't trust me for ****, here's a screenshot from a Discord server I frequent writing It down as It went on with an actual photo:

View attachment 340091

Between the volcano, the NFT **** being everywhere, the recent death I had to also cope with on my own and now this whole mess... I'm not feeling well, I'm so sorry.

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. The police are just useless. I know you can't control your emotions but don't let them get you down, it's really not worth it.

You can just come here to vent if that's gonna make you feel better but I also get it if you want to take a break.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 340091

Yo that’s crazy dude, sorry to hear that.

AndreaAC

View attachment 340091

:( Siento mucho que estes pasando por esto...espero que todo de alguna manera mejore...por favor cuidate mucho.

Bro, don’t apologize for having a life lol
xD We all have it, my friend. It's just that it's quite demanding at times. :3 Yet again, thank you so much.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I had to call my bank because I wasn't receiving a text message from them even though the number I put in was the right number and when I called I legit went through a loop of options and never even got to an actual person

Why the **** won't they just give me an ACUAL PERSON, IM GOING TO HAVE A BRAIN ANEURYSM

I can't take this anymore

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Happy Birthday to one of my favourite artists from SB and one of the only two/three (?) Mexicans I know.

View attachment 340091

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just remember about the site to look before you leap though. If you need to leave for a few days you need to, taking a break is human.

Dutch Raikuna

I don't understand why when you talk to customer service it doesn't go straight to a person but you're just talking to a robot
God I hate that. Doubly so for Doctors.

"Please press 1 if you would like to talk to an operator. Please press 2 if you are in serious pain but not life-threatening enough to call 911."

presses 2

"You are now in the queue. The waiting time is...............30 minutes."

Caller: "Gee, considering my ribs and both my arms are broken Can I speak straightly to a human!?"

AndreaAC

Happy Birthday to one of my favourite artists from SB and one of the only two/three (?) Mexicans I know.
:sadeyes: Awwwww....really? THANK YOU SO MUCH! It really means a lot you think so! ; u ; xD Also, really? Well, I have to say I am honored of being part of few you know, my friend!

x'D Also I am so so SORRY! I haven't been active enough here to know that you had changed your name! And since many here use anime girls and stuff I was like "Uhhh...I think I need to check so I don't get confused!" x'3 Seriously, thank you yet again so much!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
God I hate that. Doubly so for Doctors.

"Please press 1 if you would like to talk to an operator. Please press 2 if you are in serious pain but not life-threatening enough to call 911."

presses 2

"You are now in the queue. The waiting time is...............30 minutes."

Caller: "Gee, considering my ribs and both my arms are broken Can I speak straightly to a human!?"
Mine was more like a loop of asking me to put in my PIN and then say what the problem was, which was not being able to log on to where they said and I quote "okay we have someone that may help you with that but I need a little bit more information" and I went through that three times before I hung up in anger because it just kept looping.
why?? Why won't they just give me a person? Why am I stuck talking to a ****ing robot? Why won't they just bring me a human these absolutely numb nuts. Why won't they bring Me a human right away? WHY WONT THEY BRING ME A HUMAN RIGHT AWAY! MOTHER****ING WHY YOU GoD DAMN USELESS sONS OF *******

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just found out about Naruto Kai, an edited version of the Naruto anime that removes filler

I think I'm gonna switch to watching that because while the padding hasn't gotten as obnoxious as that of the One Piece anime yet, it's still bad and I heard it gets even worse

Does anyone know if I can watch it as a first time viewer to properly experience Naruto?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wait this is a multiverse film?

I guess the rumors were true
I donmt think this is a Multiverse movie. Jane Foster Thor has been confirmed for awhile, and if it's anything like in the comics she's not from the Multiverse.

I wouldn't be shocked if Loki (from the show) has a tiny appearance in a post credits scene, but that's all the more Multiverse I really expect.

Dutch Raikuna

x'D Also I am so so SORRY! I haven't been active enough here to know that you had changed your name! And since many here use anime girls and stuff I was like "Uhhh...I think I need to check so I don't get confused!" x'3 Seriously, thank you yet again so much!
Huh, thought you would have known that it's my real username.

Yeah TheIrepan name change has been a year overdue so thought I'd do it. Took me a while to settle on my title/witty thing though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I donmt think this is a Multiverse movie. Jane Foster Thor has been confirmed for awhile, and if it's anything like in the comics she's not from the Multiverse.

I wouldn't be shocked if Loki (from the show) has a tiny appearance in a post credits scene, but that's all the more Multiverse I really expect.
I wasn’t looking at the Jane foster. Under the bigger images of everyone was Thor and I guess Jane Foster but smaller. With Jane seeming holding Storm Breaker, and then the top right corner also had another version of Thor.

Although I’m guessing now it’s Just the two of them plastered onto the poster multiple times for some reason. I was thinking initially on the rumors from awhile back that Thor Corps would be in this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ahhh Subway always hits the spot.

I love it. Better than McDonald's or any other fast-food restaurant.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Huh, thought you would have known that it's my real username.

Yeah TheIrepan name change has been a year overdue so thought I'd do it. Took me a while to settle on my title/witty thing though.
I do remember you wanted to change it for a long time, yeah! xD But again I think I haven't been around much nor paying much attention, so again, so sorry! Glad you got it, though! :D Better late than never! xD I will have to get used to it as well! That's the thing about name changes from friends, if I don't notice it, I am just left scratching my head trying to figure out who it is because I don't want to screw up...that happened before, believe me! xD

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For anyone interested. I figure since we had a thread on the MCU that I went to make one for the MonsterVerse and DC Extended Universe as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom