• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think you're fretting about something that won't happen.

Edit: Also, I your point that Netflix can't make a trans rep without being super ****ing... corprate(?) (idk, how to describe it, but it's a media issue in general) about it, but man is this worded wrong.
That's mostly what I was talking bout. Netflix can't do **** right. Tho I said that because they
made a character in bebop trans when he wasn't and he was experimented on in the anime which is why he had breasts and he sure as he'll didn't like it
so it isn't outside the realm of possibility

Tho if peeps wanna get the wrong impression of me, oh well

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Netflix is gonna make a live action Yu Yu Hakusho and take one look at Kurama and determine he is trans, I just know it and I'm not ready for that
Don't give them any ideas.
I think you're fretting about something that won't happen.

Edit: Also, I your point that Netflix can't make a trans rep without being super ****ing... corprate(?) (idk, how to describe it, but it's a media issue in general) about it, but man is this worded wrong.
Like I don't honestly blame her to be honest given media and Hollywood nowadays.

Still hate what to think NetFlix might do to Kuwabara, the best bro and manliest character I know in fiction.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's mostly what I was talking bout. Netflix can't do **** right. Tho I said that because they
made a character in bebop trans when he wasn't and he was experimented on in the anime which is why he had breasts and he sure as he'll didn't like it

Tho if peeps wanna get the wrong impression of me, oh well
Sadly, that's not quite a Netflix issue, it's a media as a whole issue.

Like, I'm not sure if I can speak on this since I'm not trans, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way when entertainment says they have trans rights, but the character exists to A. Get tortured, or B. Skirt around reassignment or coming out and instead making up a quite ethically/morally questionable reason.

Idk, it feels... disingenious and super corporate to me.

I really hope I worded this right

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sadly, that's not quite a Netflix issue, it's a media as a whole issue.

Like, I'm not surr if I can speak on this since I'm not trans, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way when entertainment says tibhave trans rights, but the character exists to A. Get tortured, or B. Skirt around reassignment or coming out and instead making up a quite ethically/morally questionable reason.

Idk, it feels... disingenious and super corporate to me.

I really hope I worded this right
Nah, I understood what you were saying. I just hope you understood what I was saying lol. I don't wanna be accused of something I'm not because of a misunderstanding 🙃

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Operation Fortune: Ruse de guerre looks like it could be fun. Especially love Jason Statham.

Unsure though if I'd go out of my way to see it at the theaters. Might just wait out on it especially depending how things are in my city by that time regarding COVID.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm definitely kinda looking forward to The Black Phone in February.

The premise seems interesting enough and it's being directed by Scott Derrickson who did the first Doctor Strange, one of my favorite MCU films (Its sequel being one of the few MCU films I look forward to alongside Guardians 3). Plus my friend wants to see the movie as well so there's also that.

Edit: Whoo! 25,000 posts baby!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Wouldn't Shrek be CGI even in live-action? Like, I don't see how it would vary significantly just by the change in medium.
Believe me dude if I had a pound for every time something from the likes of Dreamworks was done as a stage play in my country I'd probably have a lot.

And also live action based on anime has potential............just which one.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Knetter did it

Isabelle

but real
Most of that is cursed but Isabelle as like a dog costume would be cute as beep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Believe me dude if I had a pound for every time something from the likes of Dreamworks was done as a stage play in my country I'd probably have a lot.

And also live action based on anime has potential............just which one.
For what it's worth, I think the Bleach movie was pretty good.

I can see similar urban fantasy manga working well in live-action, like Jujutsu Kaisen or Noragami.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
These Load Times Man, this is something else. I'm loving the series X.

How about Donald and Goofy being instantly available after exiting drive forms or summons? How about load screens that show up literally only to play the animation once because the game is programed to do it. That's what this is like and it is amazing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah **** it.

I'm gonna put Super Cub on hold and watch Beyond the Boundary next.

For what it's worth, I think the Bleach movie was pretty good.

I can see similar urban fantasy manga working well in live-action, like Jujutsu Kaisen or Noragami.
Honestly a few shows I think could work but have to be made a bit more campy on purpose if it's live action. For that I'd say stuff like My Life as a Villainess, Penguindrum, My Bride is a Mermaid, Cardcaptor Sakura, Steins Gate and etc.

Outright what I think could maybe work well given the right studio? Only three come to mind:

1639242939285.png
1639243003201.png
To-You-Eternity-visual.jpg

Problem is that two of them would need a pretty good budget to work with and To Your Eternity would need a bit of its gore toned down. Tamako Market would work pretty well. A Place Further Than The Universe though, its story could work even if it was Americanised or whatever as long as it hits home the message.

Just my thoughts if you have any.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm just imagining if Nintendo made games for Series X and how good they could be of they used their creativity with this kind of powerful tech behind it.
Isn't Nintendo's design philosophy (at least for the most part) making games that don't need super-powerful hardware to run and instead depend on console gimmicks and strong art direction?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 TheMightyP TheMightyP osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna CannonStreak CannonStreak KillerCage KillerCage

More SADX ReShade shenanigans because I'm practicing to become the next "Hire That Man!"

I do have some concerns if the Fake HDR effect is making the whole scene too dark, but otherwise I'm really happy with this: I wanted to preserve SA1's moodier atmosphere while still making it a bit less de-saturated than the original was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom