• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know maybe I shouldn't make old jokes when my Grandma's going to die any day and my anxiety's at an all-time high

1639189648023.png

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Welcome today's weekly Smash Bros/MTG crossover, where form and function have yet to intersect.
Here is Pit, doing mono-W angel things:
Pit, Angel of Light

Next up is Dark Pit. Will he be a foil to Pit's card design, just like how Falco's design is a foil to Fox's? Does everyone already know the answer to that question? Will I finally decide to stop making heroic characters Boros or Mono-White?

Find out next time!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
General Fan Confession.

Godzilla vs. Kong is one of those films where despite having so many flaws with it, I still enjoy. I probably admit this most likely has to do with being a bias hardcore kaiju fan especially of Godzilla.

-Movie feeling like it was two plots mashed together and said subplots easily could have been their own separate movies saved for Godzilla 3 and Kong 2.
-Barely being a Vs. film focusing more on said subplots.
-Most of the human characters suck except for Jia and Dr. Ilene Andrews and Nathan Lind are decent at the very least.
-Some of the attempts at humor such as the joke about bleach or the day is saved when whiskey was poured over the control panel.
-Couldn't get into the Godzilla subplot. That's where the worst human characters came from. I couldn't stand Bernie and Josh and Madison who came off as more unlikable and ****** seemed to have developed an ego and condescending.
-Ren Serizawa's character being reduced to a literal background character, the son of one of the most important characters in this franchise (Dr. Serizawa).
-Main human villain was a cardboard nobody.
-The whole King Ghidorah-Mechagodzilla thing. Comes too much off as Zod-Doomsday all over again. Probably wouldn't have as much an issue with it if this along with the APEX conspiracy and Mechagodzilla were saved for Godzilla 3 instead. Even then I think doing Mecha-King Ghidorah like in the Heisei series would have been a better choice instead and then for a future movie have metal remains be conducted into Mechagodzilla.

I had no issue with the team-up but wish the movie would have just focused on their fight and saved that for a later movie. Do appreciate the execution of how it was done though as even though they acknowledge each other, they're still not exactly allies as they part ways.

What I did like though was.

-The fights between Godzilla and Kong as well as when they're on-screen.
-The hollow earth (Even though this all should've been saved for Kong 2, my ideal version of the film would have it only being shown at the end like in the actual film).
-I really enjoyed and got a kick out of the Kong subplot.
-The character arc and development Kong got in the film notably that even though Godzilla won the fight, Kong won everyone's heart.
-The very fact the opening of the film is that of Shrek (2001), something I actually never would have expected in such a film. Given one of the writers was Terry Rossio, that probably doesn't come off as surprising.

So though Adam Wingard delivered better than I expected I still felt he wasn't the right choice and they should've chosen a better director IMO.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm laughing so ****ing hard at the idea of Seto Kaiba challenging Monkey D Luffy to a duel.
This is a thing that happens in Jump force.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
I REFUSE TO CONSIDER THE WII RETRO!!!
Man it's literally half your age

I mean, it doesn't mean stuff like Atari is ancient. Retro these days is basically just a term to define anything outdated by three generations, IMO.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Man it's literally half your age

I mean, it doesn't mean stuff like Atari is ancient. Retro these days is basically just a term to define anything outdated by three generations, IMO.
The Wii is seventh gen.
The Switch is ninth gen.
By your logic, the Wii is not retro as it's two generations behind.

Do we need to go through this again?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Wii is seventh gen.
The Switch is ninth gen.
By your logic, the Wii is not retro.

Well yeah we literally just hit the 15 year mark. Special exceptions apply. :bowsette: Stay salty my friend.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Wii is seventh gen.
The Switch is ninth gen.
By your logic, the Wii is not retro as it's two generations behind.

No, he's right.

The Wii's retro now. 15 years ago is damn near an new entire generation of children.

Also, the Switch is 8th Gen. 9th Gen is the PS5 and the Series X.

KillerCage

Smash Master
No, he's right.

The Wii's retro now. 15 years ago is damn near an new entire generation of children.

Also, the Switch is 8th Gen. 9th Gen is the PS5 and the Series X.
I see you're ignoring the Wii U as Nintendo's 8th gen console.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First movie missed the opportunity to do it but hope there's a scene where Sonic meets an actual earth hedgehog in the second.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yo Shroob Shroob

Tomorrow I’m gonna post this concept I had for a webcomic. Some character bios, a couple test comics, Y’know. And of course I’m gonna tag the homies. See if they think it works, Y’know?

But I also know things are kinda tough for you right now, and I don’t wanna bombard you with my doodles if you’re not in the mood for it.

I’m basically asking if you want to be tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom