• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Finished the 4 homework assignments I had due today

Definitely think 3 of those are Ws and the other is an L.
The L pisses me off because I’m tryna get better at 3D modeling cuz I enjoy it immensely

CURSE YOU SOLIDWORKS

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dynamax adventure makes no damn sense.

So I was doing Zygarde online again. My teammates decided to be either really stupid or just trolls, and choose the left side of the map which has nothing but Pokémon weak to Zygarde. The right side literally has 3 checks against Zygarde.

So I left, and restarted my game. Went online again. Same exact Pokémon to start with and paths, which I knew was the case. However I discovered something.

The game will literally penalize you for leaving by forcibly picking the path you didn’t select. I tested this in 3 lobbies, every time, somehow we all wound up on that damn left side of the path.

So I said screw it, I’ll do it myself. I queed up npcs. Now there is one Pokémon different in the starting line up, and the raid path is scrambled but still the same Pokémon.

So the outcome of this story. Is what the hell goes into the mathematics of this game mode and why do Gamefreak screw up people online?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dynamax adventure makes no damn sense.

So I was doing Zygarde online again. My teammates decided to be either really stupid or just trolls, and choose the left side of the map which has nothing but Pokémon weak to Zygarde. The right side literally has 3 checks against Zygarde.

So I left, and restarted my game. Went online again. Same exact Pokémon to start with and paths, which I knew was the case. However I discovered something.

The game will literally penalize you for leaving by forcibly picking the path you didn’t select. I tested this in 3 lobbies, every time, somehow we all wound up on that damn left side of the path.

So I said screw it, I’ll do it myself. I queed up npcs. Now there is one Pokémon different in the starting line up, and the raid path is scrambled but still the same Pokémon.

So the outcome of this story. Is what the hell goes into the mathematics of this game mode and why do Gamefreak screw up people online?
There was a time when I was doing so many Dynamax adventures while shiny hunting Zygarde, I could accurately predict what the NPCs were gonna do almost perfectly. Didn’t really help, if anything it frustrated me more. But still, fun fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There was a time when I was doing so many Dynamax adventures while shiny hunting Zygarde, I could accurately predict what the NPCs were gonna do almost perfectly. Didn’t really help, if anything it frustrated me more. But still, fun fact.
I still need to play SwSh DLC.

I need that Marnie cosplay.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The NPCs really will make either the smart decisions of all time, or the most stupid ones. At least you can kinda control their Pokémon. They clutched up that last raid though.

Ive done probably at least 600 or 700 Zygarde, if not more over the past year and I still don’t have it shiny, but I can’t give up because it’s still easier to do with real people and unlike the other legendary Pokémon, this one I would say requires real people more than any of them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just thinking about House of Anubis for no reason…
You know, since they redid Sonic's design in the first movie to make him much more appealing to the eye, that would imply that Tails, who was also in the movie, also had a design similar to old Movie Sonic.

And I'm morbidly curious to see what that looked like.
5D3B2D37-BD9F-4A04-BB4D-DE6AB6006D04.jpeg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, since they redid Sonic's design in the first movie to make him much more appealing to the eye, that would imply that Tails, who was also in the movie, also had a design similar to old Movie Sonic.

And I'm morbidly curious to see what that looked like.
Sadly this doesn't exist according to Tyson Hesse, the scene was added after they changed Sonic's look

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sadly this doesn't exist according to Tyson Hesse, the scene was added after they changed Sonic's look
It was a post credit scene so that isn’t to surprising. Those usually won’t get worked on till the final days of a production. Tails may have need some more time for modeling but it was probably done way later into the development. Especially when Tails was in a scene with different lighting, making his design look at little different from the finalized product.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm not quite caught up yet so I could be wrong, but I heard there's a character who's probably gonna join the crew after the current arc is done

And with that, Good Night My Gamers
After Wano, a lot of people expect that one character (Yamato) is going to join the crew. I'm hoping for two characters (as there's another popular choice (Carrot) who would make for a great addition and has a clear role on the ship), though that seems unlikely to happen for a variety of reasons. (chief among them, the second character barely got any focus in the latest arc, and all signs point to the crew consisting of Luffy plus ten people, when they're currently at Luffy plus nine people)

Some people think that Caesar Clown or Caribou are going to join, but I'd call those people "wrong".
I'd be alright with Yamato and Carrot joining the crew. Guess we'll wait and see what Eiichiro Oda has in store within the future of the One Piece chapters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Deity race:

1639231189205.png

“I'm Deity Ometeotl! lOrD oF dUaliTY! o SiNglE OnE, lEt mE gRAnt YoU mY aSsiStaNCe!”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Aztec mythology. Ōmeteōtl is a dual deity combined of the husband and wife couple Ometecuhtli and Omecihuatl, creators of the universe. Their name means “two gods” or “lord of duality”. After giving birth to four cardinal gods in the Aztec pantheon, they left the creation of the world to them, returning to their residing place in thirteenth heaven, rarely interacting with any gods or humans. As such, they have no temples erected in their honor.

Skills: Agibarion, Bufubarion, Makajam, Recarm

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Brute race.

Ometeotl is entirely carried by how surreal they are. Seriously, they look like a modern art sculpture and it’s amazing. The idea of male and female halves being connected at the waist is already good but the way their legs stem from their heads makes this an unforgettable and nearly psychedelic design. Ometeotl almost always learns both ice and fire skills at high levels to reflect their dual nature.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
People think the guy who literally drugged children is gonna join team good guys? That's a bruh moment
Yeah, I don't get it either. People act like the Straw Hats need a logia Devil Fruit user so the crew can have all three types of DFs, no matter how scummy the user in question is.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't get it either. People act like the Straw Hats need a logia Devil Fruit user so the crew can have all three types of DFs, no matter how scummy the user in question is.
In that case Crocodile should be the next Straw Hat, I would unironically pop off

Edit: I just realized Sabo is literally right there holy ****

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Netflix is gonna make a live action Yu Yu Hakusho and take one look at Kurama and determine he is trans, I just know it and I'm not ready for that

Why is Netflix even doing this live action anime shows anyway?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, why you would need the most boring Devil Fruit type among the main cast?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Netflix is gonna make a live action Yu Yu Hakusho and take one look at Kurama and determine he is trans, I just know it and I'm not ready for that

No...No! Not YuYu Hakusho! God dammit NetFlix leave it alone!

Just watch how they do my boys Yusuke and Kuwabara dirty...
What I wouldn't give for a real good true sequel to Walking With Dinosaurs
Documentary or the movie?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I think you're fretting about something that won't happen.

Edit: Also, I your point that Netflix can't make a trans rep without being super ****ing... corprate(?) (idk, how to describe it, but it's a media issue in general) about it, but man is this worded wrong.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First Disney doing live-action remakes of their animated classics.

Now NetFlix with classic animes.

What's next? Live-action Dreamworks films? Please don't follow that route DreamWorks, please leave The Prince of Egypt and The Road to El Dorado alone please... Shudders at the idea of a live-action Shrek

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
First Disney doing live-action remakes of their animated classics.

Now NetFlix with classic animes.

What's next? Live-action Dreamworks films? Please don't follow that route DreamWorks, please leave The Prince of Egypt and The Road to El Dorado alone please... Shudders at the idea of a live-action Shrek
Wouldn't Shrek be CGI even in live-action? Like, I don't see how it would vary significantly just by the change in medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom