• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized that like half of Multiversus's roster is really old. There's a bigger gap between Superman and Game and Watch then there is between G&W and Byleth. WW, Batman, Bugs Bunny, and T&J are all from the late 30's/early 40's, and Shaggy is from the 60's.
To be fair unlike a lot of the retro smash characters, these characters have maintained household name status ever since their creations.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So like, shortly after posting that Regular Show clip, I played some Tyler and Gambino. They got bangers, y'all should check them out, but uh Tyler's old songs are not for the faint of heart.

On a completely unrelated not, Levetating by Dua Lipa is kinda a banger, I slept on that song hard.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I beat Cynthia in the most anime protagonist way. Entire team is fainted except my starter, Empoleon, 1v1 versus Garchomp. Empoleon tanks Garchomp's Earthquake at 20 HP, then hits Garchomp with an Ice Beam but the Yache Berry saves it. Garchomp then uses Earthquake again and Empoleon holds on due to our friendship, then finishes Cynthia.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I beat Cynthia in the most anime protagonist way. Entire team is fainted except my starter, Empoleon, 1v1 versus Garchomp. Empoleon tanks Garchomp's Earthquake at 20 HP, then hits Garchomp with an Ice Beam but the Yache Berry saves it. Garchomp then uses Earthquake again and Empoleon holds on due to our friendship, then finishes Cynthia.
I guess you could say… “Friendship is Magic”?

Congrats on the win.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh hey, we got a trailer for that DnF Duel thing ArcSys is doing. Gotta say, it looks pretty sweet so far
That...certainly looks like an ArcSys fighter.

And by that I mean it looks exactly like FighterZ, Granblue Fantasy Vs, and Guilty Gear Strive. Especially GBVS.

I am very whelmed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did you know that Peni Parker's lip-syncing in Spider-Verse is intentionally off to mimic dubbed anime?

Anither fun fact, she's expressive as hell, but you probably won't notice that in action. Slow down some clips, you'll see what I mean.
did you know that Peni Parker is one of the GOATED female Spideys in the entire Spider-Verse?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Made it to the final boss in dread. Pretty good with the first phase, kept getting my ass beat at the second phase.

So I decided to go back and collect any missing items to boost my kit but also make good use of each skill to hopefully help on the final battle.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Honesty it is me or does animal control in kids movies involving talking pets act like the military or CIA?

(Dogs on the loose, bring out the catchers and capture every last of them.)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So any fans of "The Dragon Prince" here?

Ah, I quite enjoyed that one. Been a while since I've seen it, though; Wonder when the next seasons'll start up

Actually Dragon Prince was one of the first real traditional fantasy things I've looked into. It's portrayal of Elves basically laid out the foundation of my project's Elves, at least in terms of appearance.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys. Showing the next two games I'm getting:

1637598086091.png
1637598182251.png

Narrowly going for Valhalla and all the DLC since I got a discount and I need a game to play while doing the online lectures to concentrate on them. As much as I wanted Yakuza I'm gonna leave it for now.

As for Wattam? It's another trippy game from the creator of Katamari Damacy. That's enough.

Also new pfp. Going for Arcuied from Melty Blood Type Lumina.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
some spider gameplay
Shame that he doesn't have any story missions, though I suppose it's arguably better than leaving a large chunk of story unavailable to non-Sony players.

I'm not far into the game, so I'm not sure how the DLC character stories handle bosses (as far as I know, the main story is lacking, with only four boss fights total and most of the remaining fights being against robots), but you'd think that they could have included some of Spider-Man's rogues gallery in there, since it's one of the best-known in comics. (it's either Spidey's or Batman's, as far as I can tell)

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those who have Disney+, Ron’s Gone Wrong is coming December 15.
For those who have HBO Max, Ron’s Gone Wrong is coming December 15.

Apparently Disney and WarnerMedia worked out a deal allowing 20th Century Studios films to stream on both services through 2022 (also applies to Hulu).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For those who have Disney+, Ron’s Gone Wrong is coming December 15.
For those who have HBO Max, Ron’s Gone Wrong is coming December 15.

Apparently Disney and WarnerMedia worked out a deal allowing 20th Century Studios films to stream on both services through 2022 (also applies to Hulu).
I’m still waiting on that Sony deal to get onto Disney+.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Life sucks when you are bored and waiting on games to download on both the Switch and the PS4.

I'm too demotivated to work on anything.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I managed to watch "Home Sweet Home Alone" on Disney+:

And I can pretty much understand why it wasn't very well recieved. It almost like watching the same mistakes made within the 2021 adaption of Tom and Jerry where they were shafted in favor of the human characters. Max played by Archie Yates who was supposed to be main focus of the film, barely had much screen time throughout the film and instead shifted the attention to Jeff and Pam who were the Marv and Harry of the film (with a twist) portrayed by Rob Delaney and Ellie Kemper.

But other than that Delaney and Kemper's performances and the last twenty were pretty much the main highlights even though the first two acts of the story and script was rather empty and messy. Also, Buzz McAllistar does make an appearance in the film as a police officer.

If they were to plan a sequel for this, they should really consider hiring better story and screenwriters who can make what the Home Alone franchise memorable.

Overall Rating: 3/10

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Suddenly I wanna see a Into the Super-Verse (Superman).

Crocodile "Superman" Dundee (Aussie Superman), Viking Superman/"Baldur", Pirate Superman, Native American Superman, Jolly Superman (Superman raised by Santa and his elves), Prehistoric Superman, etc.!

As well as already existing incarnations like Red Son Superman, Shogun of Steel Superman, True Brit Superman, etc.

What do you think of this idea SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shame that he doesn't have any story missions, though I suppose it's arguably better than leaving a large chunk of story unavailable to non-Sony players.

I'm not far into the game, so I'm not sure how the DLC character stories handle bosses (as far as I know, the main story is lacking, with only four boss fights total and most of the remaining fights being against robots), but you'd think that they could have included some of Spider-Man's rogues gallery in there, since it's one of the best-known in comics. (it's either Spidey's or Batman's, as far as I can tell)
yeah, they didn’t want to fully alienate Xbox and PC gamers to make up for Spidey being exclusive.

As for how the dlc characters work, Spider-Man aside, they all come with a story mode that affects the overall adventure via post game, and brings in new bosses (Black Panther only brings in 2, while the Hawkeyes being just 1). That’s…that’s honestly it so far. I think Wakanda is going to be the only new area to experience as a HQ and world level to have unless we get something massive for someone like Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange.

Wish more was done, but it’ll probably be unlikely with the game still doing improvements
Damn now I want to replay Spidey PS4 again.
I mean…people should always want to replay the best game on the PS4 before the future best game of the PS5 releases in 2023
Bottom text
the man with a $100,000,000 golden egg from The Rock

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Both Radical and DistantPedophile isn't fair, they may make some good points but in reality they just milk the ** out of controvery to get views because that brings them moolah. Especially in DistantTransphobe's case, he just makes up ** to get mad about mowadays because he's struggling to remain relevant since SwSh's heyday is over.
Why on earth does it matter if they milk content like any other PokeTuber? Doesn't keep them from being right and if that dumb strawman were a point, you could just say the same thing about any PokeTuber stretching for any positive they can.

Also I actually looked into those matters people accuse him. Blowing smoke and false accusations. Nothing more.

You say this like sharing your opionions on how good a pokyman game is is some deep scientific endeavor.
Games exist in the first place thanks to advanced science. Computerized coding goes into them being made to begin with. Why wouldn't it be?

Yeah, I hate reviewers who have nothing to say but make their video super long for no reason.
If they had nothing to say, they wouldn't say it. Elaborating a point with good reason isn't a crime, especially when it's a topic you're passionate about and have ALOT to say.

Honestly, nothing but strawmen.

Now I'm REALLY excited.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Boi

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Max played by Archie Yates who was supposed to be main focus of the film, barely had much screen time throughout the film and instead shifted the attention to Jeff and Pam who were the Marv and Harry of the film (with a twist) portrayed by Rob Delaney and Ellie Kemper.
Tbf that seems to be intentional, it's still a garbage movie from what I've seen but it's a great idea, just poorly executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom