• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hey folks

I'm awake in the middle of the night and I'm rewatching the 1000th One Piece OP endlessly

Yes I do have a life, why do you ask?

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also watching that OP gave me an urge to finally continue reading OP (been meaning to do that for a while now)

I did not think I was still able to enjoy reading on 3 hours of sleep

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
What the ** did they do to Kricketot? Why doesn't it start with Bide? I catch the little ** to use and it starts with Pound, what is this ****. What am I supposed to do with this?

Why would they change such a core element of Kricketot, ruining a vital piece of it's identity. Without Bide what even is Kricketot? Bide is the building block for the story of the Sinnoh games, the building blocks for Kricketot's character for the later parts of the game.

Without Bide Kricketot's character struggle are severely undermined, gone completely is the hardship that builds up his resentment and darkness in his soul. Without Bide the betrayal in the 3rd Act of the story is just a flash in the pan, it comes out of nowhere and the significance is lost.

And you know the developers realized they messed up because they gave Kricketot Struggle Bug at level 6 now. Completely missing the nuance of Bide in favor of throwing it in your face "STRUGGLE" "BUG", oh wow I wonder if Kricketot's character arc is gonna be about it's struggle as a bug type.

When Kricketot finally betrayed the group and handed us towards Cyrus I felt almost nothing. Even as he killed Lucario I was just more upset that new players wouldn't be experiencing the game how it was intended in 2006. The betrayal just felt out of left field and it didn't need to be that way if they just left Kricketot with Bide.

After playing for 12 hours that day and banishing Kricketot to the Distortion world I just felt tired. What should've been the emotional climax with my starter felt flat.

I can only hope this patched out because as it stands the games are not worth the purchase price.
Wow there buddy, oof that was close, I thought I was legit seeing someone complain that a Pokémon doesn't have Bide for a second and I was starting to panic.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Since the Timesplitters games were made Backward Compatible on Xbox last week, I've been listening to the music and oh boy do I remember these songs.

This one is one of my personal favorites:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Becky Lynch dressed up as Scarlet Witch on Survivor Series tonight…

Wanda Supremacy

KillerCage

Smash Master
It had a rough start but once it got going halfway into Season 1, it GOT going. Callum, Ezran, and Rayla's journey to bring the dragon egg (which Zym hatched from at the end Season 1) back to its mother was very engaging especially with their character arcs. I also enjoyed many of the side characters particularly Soren and his ultimate rejection of his father Viren who is the primary antagonist of the show. The show could ended on Season 3 if they didn't include THAT cliffhanger regarding Aaravos reforming in his cocoon. I think The Dragon Prince is within the top five shows I saw fully this year knocking out Owl House.

Yes, I'm shocked I said that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized that like half of Multiversus's roster is really old. There's a bigger gap between Superman and Game and Watch then there is between G&W and Byleth. WW, Batman, Bugs Bunny, and T&J are all from the late 30's/early 40's, and Shaggy is from the 60's.
To be fair unlike a lot of the retro smash characters, these characters have maintained household name status ever since their creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom