• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nah, I ain't like that. I had multiple opportunities to become a mr. leakerman like that (like when I documented every Smash "leak" I could find and gained a reputation for handling Smash leaks, or when I had it in with Sabi and some of their bunch) but I genuinely have better things to do with my time than chase clout on the internet for validation.

Though I will inflate my ego a bit and say that Sabi, Fatman, and the whole lot of them wish they could be me during Smash Ultimate Spec with how hard I went and how much I got right lmao.
Doing Smash leaks sounds like one of those things you that would be fun to do the first time but then you realise what the game of it actually is like and then you drop it.

I just don't see the point in it not to mention the most rabid would hound and hunt you if you dare got it wrong.

Someone who is like a handler and documenting all of them into one place for everyone to see is good though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It took me a large part of the day, but I beat Kingdom Hearts 2! (not 100%, though - I managed to get the post-credits scene that previews Birth By Sleep, but I apparently missed an entire chapter between the return to Space Paranoids and the return to Twilight Town somehow despite completing all of the Disney worlds, and I didn't beat all of the bonus Coliseum fights or the fights against the Organization members from Chain of Memories)

The game holds up pretty well - I feel like some plot points in the endgame are a little rushed (Kairi getting a Keyblade or Riku returning to normal, for example), and leveling up Drive forms was annoying (especially when stuff like dodge-rolling is locked behind them), but gameplay felt less rigid than Kingdom Hearts 1 did, even if navigating the menus to use items or limits mid-battle was a huge pain that I never really got used to.

I think I'll focus on Metroid Dread next, since that seems much shorter. (KH2 took about 36 hours, while most playthroughs of Metroid Dread that I've seen are about 8-10)

SKX31

Smash Master
Though I will inflate my ego a bit and say that Sabi, Fatman, and the whole lot of them wish they could be me during Smash Ultimate Spec with how hard I went and how much I got right lmao.
That's certainly valid in this context: while your original prediction was a shot in the dark at the time, you didn't put everything on the line nor put yourself in a position to be caught with your pants down metaphorically. That post covered practically all choices and came with valid counteraguments at the time: the Disney-related expenses did presumably matter, for instance, since most Disney content didn't show up in Smash.

Sabi and Fatman both made extremely major mis-steps with that and dug themselves too deep within the rabbit hole. There was IIRC quite a lot of goal-post shifting too: I shouldn't dig up old wounds too much here, but those two are worth remembering for when Smash 6 comes around. Or hell, if Multiversus / NASB speculation takes on a similar characteristic as Smash speculation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, I ain't like that. I had multiple opportunities to become a mr. leakerman like that (like when I documented every Smash "leak" I could find and gained a reputation for handling Smash leaks, or when I had it in with Sabi and some of their bunch) but I genuinely have better things to do with my time than chase clout on the internet for validation.

Though, if I might be allowed to inflate my ego just a bit, I will say that Sabi, Fatman, and the whole lot of them wish they could be me during Smash Ultimate Spec with how hard I went and how much I got right LMAO.
He is the messiah

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Brian: "I'm not the Messiah!"

Arthur: "I say you are, Lord, and I should know, I've followed a few!"

Crowd: "Hail, Messiah!"

Brian: "I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen?! I'm not the Messiah, do you understand?! Honestly!"

Woman: "Only the true Messiah denies his divinity!"

Brian: "What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me?! All right, I am the Messiah!"

Crowd: "He is! He is the Messiah!"

Brian: "Now, **** off!"

Gotta love Monty Python.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It took me a large part of the day, but I beat Kingdom Hearts 2! (not 100%, though - I managed to get the post-credits scene that previews Birth By Sleep, but I apparently missed an entire chapter between the return to Space Paranoids and the return to Twilight Town somehow despite completing all of the Disney worlds, and I didn't beat all of the bonus Coliseum fights or the fights against the Organization members from Chain of Memories)

The game holds up pretty well - I feel like some plot points in the endgame are a little rushed (Kairi getting a Keyblade or Riku returning to normal, for example), and leveling up Drive forms was annoying (especially when stuff like dodge-rolling is locked behind them), but gameplay felt less rigid than Kingdom Hearts 1 did, even if navigating the menus to use items or limits mid-battle was a huge pain that I never really got used to.

I think I'll focus on Metroid Dread next, since that seems much shorter. (KH2 took about 36 hours, while most playthroughs of Metroid Dread that I've seen are about 8-10)
The part missing is the optional fight with gool ol' Sephiroth.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The part missing is the optional fight with gool ol' Sephiroth.
Thanks! I don't think I'll go out of my way to get that one, though - I still clearly remember the Kingdom Hearts 1 Sephiroth fight, where I had stats that were roughly prepared for the endgame (I think I was a little underleveled for the final boss gauntlet), and yet he killed me in two hits.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Though, if I might be allowed to inflate my ego just a bit, I will say that Sabi, Fatman, and the whole lot of them wish they could be me during Smash Ultimate Spec with how hard I went and how much I got right LMAO.
yo

respec

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Thanks! I don't think I'll go out of my way to get that one, though - I still clearly remember the Kingdom Hearts 1 Sephiroth fight, where I had stats that were roughly prepared for the endgame (I think I was a little underleveled for the final boss gauntlet), and yet he killed me in two hits.
He's stronger in 2 lol

You also have to deal with the optional fight with Terra.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
What the **** did they do to Kricketot? Why doesn't it start with Bide? I catch the little **** to use and it starts with Pound, what is this ****. What am I supposed to do with this?

Why would they change such a core element of Kricketot, ruining a vital piece of it's identity. Without Bide what even is Kricketot? Bide is the building block for the story of the Sinnoh games, the building blocks for Kricketot's character for the later parts of the game.

Without Bide Kricketot's character struggle are severely undermined, gone completely is the hardship that builds up his resentment and darkness in his soul. Without Bide the betrayal in the 3rd Act of the story is just a flash in the pan, it comes out of nowhere and the significance is lost.

And you know the developers realized they messed up because they gave Kricketot Struggle Bug at level 6 now. Completely missing the nuance of Bide in favor of throwing it in your face "STRUGGLE" "BUG", oh wow I wonder if Kricketot's character arc is gonna be about it's struggle as a bug type.

When Kricketot finally betrayed the group and handed us towards Cyrus I felt almost nothing. Even as he killed Lucario I was just more upset that new players wouldn't be experiencing the game how it was intended in 2006. The betrayal just felt out of left field and it didn't need to be that way if they just left Kricketot with Bide.

After playing for 12 hours that day and banishing Kricketot to the Distortion world I just felt tired. What should've been the emotional climax with my starter felt flat.

I can only hope this patched out because as it stands the games are not worth the purchase price.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What the ** did they do to Kricketot? Why doesn't it start with Bide? I catch the little ** to use and it starts with Pound, what is this ****. What am I supposed to do with this?

Why would they change such a core element of Kricketot, ruining a vital piece of it's identity. Without Bide what even is Kricketot? Bide is the building block for the story of the Sinnoh games, the building blocks for Kricketot's character for the later parts of the game.

Without Bide Kricketot's character struggle are severely undermined, gone completely is the hardship that builds up his resentment and darkness in his soul. Without Bide the betrayal in the 3rd Act of the story is just a flash in the pan, it comes out of nowhere and the significance is lost.

And you know the developers realized they messed up because they gave Kricketot Struggle Bug at level 6 now. Completely missing the nuance of Bide in favor of throwing it in your face "STRUGGLE" "BUG", oh wow I wonder if Kricketot's character arc is gonna be about it's struggle as a bug type.

When Kricketot finally betrayed the group and handed us towards Cyrus I felt almost nothing. Even as he killed Lucario I was just more upset that new players wouldn't be experiencing the game how it was intended in 2006. The betrayal just felt out of left field and it didn't need to be that way if they just left Kricketot with Bide.

After playing for 12 hours that day and banishing Kricketot to the Distortion world I just felt tired. What should've been the emotional climax with my starter felt flat.

I can only hope this patched out because as it stands the games are not worth the purchase price.
I just read that on r/Pokemon, did I find your account?

Are you a ****ing Redditor who posts on r/Pokemon?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

does Persona 5 Strikers require any knowledge of the events of Persona 5 or

thinking of getting it but I’ve not played the original or Royal

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hey so

does Persona 5 Strikers require any knowledge of the events of Persona 5 or

thinking of getting it but I’ve not played the original or Royal
If youve played smash you already know what you need to know about these characters and their friendship, your good to go.

it's a self contained story that takes place like a year after P5.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Here's a fun fact: I frequented the Sonic Subreddit during Mania's hype cycle.

I stopped because it got depressing after Forces
r/Sonic is just mostly unfunny memes and constant, depressing doomposting about everything.

Also a lotta Forces and Colors whining, 'cause Sonic fans like to rival Pokemon fans for not letting things go.

Shoutouts to the 1,00,000th post about how Unleashed is underrated.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't see my Amogus avatar. 👿
Sorry bro didn't like the post in time :(
yo

respec
It's something I think about a fair bit, because there's certainly multiple points I could've gone down that path. Fortunately, I always had something in my personal life to keep me tethered and not completely obsessive about Smash Speculation or internet clout chasing.
So I'm gonna go off on a whim and assume that BDSP are good games and definitely not a bad way to experience Gen 4?
Nah, it's not too bad. The main game is disappointing since so many of the Platinum QoL changes are excluded for no reason, but moveset changes and the post-game make up for that.

Also it's easy as **** to mod so we're about to see the renaissance of Pokémon Switch modding.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh great...Seems like my urine infection has come back.

Have to revolve it once again with a call to the doctor tomorrow... :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom