• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So! Figured I'd give a bit of a progress update on Asteria, the comic my friend and I are making.

• Su Ling Chan (A professional voice actress known for her work on No Sraight Roads, the english dub of Kageki Shojo!!, etc.) has finished recording her lines for Abel! Su was super freaking great to work with, and when sending me her audio, she said, "I just have to say, I LOVE VOICING ABEL.", which makes me really happy, haha!
  • All of the lineart is finished, and we are now in the coloring phases of the comic! Been getting a lot of compliments on the lighting, and for good reasn. HaikuHello is freaking killing it!
View attachment 338359
  • We finally have a composer for the comic dubs! An indie musician named SubjectIlluminant will be making the music for Asteria. I've worked with Subject before, and he is so freaking great and versatile.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 @Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 @Jotadé
Keep making those moves bro keep making those moves

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
After I finish this video on Sonic World (which I've shortened immensely now that DX isn't coming out anytime soon, lol), I'm honestly torn about what I wanna do next.

The plan was to work on a video discussing Omens, but now I'm starting to wonder if a video on Unleashed might be more relevant to current Sonic discussion and get people's interest more.

Tagging @SonicSmasher1 Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby TheMightyP TheMightyP 'cause I know y'all are Sonic peeps and I'd be interested to hear your input on what kind of Sonic content y'all would be more interested in watching. Covering fangames is 100% gonna be a huge deal for MooMew, but there's already so many channels that showcase them from SonicTerminal, Sonic Overtime, Blue Vivacity, etc. Granted, I go for more of a review approach than just simple gameplay, but still, I wanna try to gauge what people actually have interest in watching.
I'm all for your thoughts on games from the main series such as Unleashed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After I finish this video on Sonic World (which I've shortened immensely now that DX isn't coming out anytime soon, lol), I'm honestly torn about what I wanna do next.

The plan was to work on a video discussing Omens, but now I'm starting to wonder if a video on Unleashed might be more relevant to current Sonic discussion and get people's interest more.

Tagging @SonicSmasher1 Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby TheMightyP TheMightyP 'cause I know y'all are Sonic peeps and I'd be interested to hear your input on what kind of Sonic content y'all would be more interested in watching. Covering fangames is 100% gonna be a huge deal for MooMew, but there's already so many channels that showcase them from SonicTerminal, Sonic Overtime, Blue Vivacity, etc. Granted, I go for more of a review approach than just simple gameplay, but still, I wanna try to gauge what people actually have interest in watching.
I wanna see you continue the tradition of acting like the Werehog killed your wife. So do Unleashed, totally.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Imagine is pokemon had SMT mechanics and only let you catch one of each pokemon and trying to get more of that pokemon would give you essence's to let a pokemon learn that Pokemons skills or they will just say "sweet, you have my friend in your party, here is an item/money"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still keep up with the plot of one piece but i havent watched the anime in years lulz
No Clue

Talk about the blacklisted Sonic games that SEGA doesn't sell anymore and if it's worth revisiting

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine is pokemon had SMT mechanics and only let you catch one of each pokemon and trying to get more of that pokemon would give you essence's to let a pokemon learn that Pokemons skills or they will just say "sweet, you have my friend in your party, here is an item/money"
Unrelated but here’s a meme

0E711B92-4993-4E6C-B2D6-03197CF3B37C.jpeg

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK guys.

So here are my options for my PS4 games which I'm probably gonna get two. After this outside of about 4-5 "locked games" I'm gonna refrain from getting anymore outside of one more Switch game before Forbidden West comes out. Budget is around £50 maybe and one in each category.

So to sum it up the big ones. (Over £18)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Spider Man: Miles Morales
Watch Dogs: Legion
Mafia Remake

And the under £15 ones.

Wattam
The Pedestrian
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Resident Evil 2 Remake

**** my indecisiveness! Ideas to nudge would be great........despite being a Nintendo forum.

If you're looking for a a game to play then may I propose
View attachment 338361
Chadol Redman on Dinosaur Island
As a Legend of Heroes superfan I have been meaning to get Ys.

However I'm super sticking to Switch Physical only which unfortunately means expensive and a ***** to find physically in a shop in the UK.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
OK guys.

So here are my options for my PS4 games which I'm probably gonna get two. After this outside of about 4-5 "locked games" I'm gonna refrain from getting anymore outside of one more Switch game before Forbidden West comes out. Budget is around £50 maybe and one in each category.

Yakuza Like a Dragon
Mafia Remake

And the under £15 ones.

Wattam
The Pedestrian
Kingdom Hearts 3
Resident Evil 2 Remake

**** my indecisiveness! Ideas to nudge would be great........despite being a Nintendo forum.

However I'm super sticking to Switch Physical only which unfortunately means expensive and a ***** to find physically in a shop in the UK.
The only one I personally played and can vouch for its quality is Like a Dragon. It's phenomenal and you can just jump into it without prior knowledge about the Yakuza universe. I'd say it's a no-brainer purchase if you're into JRPGs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OK guys.

Yakuza Like a Dragon
Mafia Remake

And the under £15 ones.

Wattam
The Pedestrian
Kingdom Hearts 3
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Only one I can vouch for is RE2, that was the good ****. Though Yakuza 7's the game on there I'm most excited to get around to

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So unless Pokémon/ILCA has surprise content updates coming (extremely unlikely), Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl are the first mainline games since Crystal to not introduce brand new Pokémon or forms.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I can't make a full team of just Dreepy?

What's even the point then?

kylexv

Smash Master
So unless Pokémon/ILCA has surprise content updates coming (extremely unlikely), Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl are the first mainline games since Crystal to not introduce brand new Pokémon or forms.
I don't remember HGSS introducing new forms at all. I know Platinum added Origin Giratina, Shaymin-Sky, and the Rotom forms, but I don't think HGSS added anything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol looking at the Pibby comments the views may actually be coming from some Arabic not take over. Or someone drew attention to this in the community as a lot of comments showed up yesterday that I think are Arabic a bit. It reminds me of a few bot situations I’ve seen before though.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
So! Figured I'd give a bit of a progress update on Asteria, the comic my friend and I are making.

• Su Ling Chan (A professional voice actress known for her work on No Sraight Roads, the english dub of Kageki Shojo!!, etc.) has finished recording her lines for Abel! Su was super freaking great to work with, and when sending me her audio, she said, "I just have to say, I LOVE VOICING ABEL.", which makes me really happy, haha!
  • All of the lineart is finished, and we are now in the coloring phases of the comic! Been getting a lot of compliments on the lighting, and for good reasn. HaikuHello is freaking killing it!
View attachment 338359
  • We finally have a composer for the comic dubs! An indie musician named SubjectIlluminant will be making the music for Asteria. I've worked with Subject before, and he is so freaking great and versatile.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 @Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 @Jotadé
If it's a webcomic, is there any way we can access it online? It looks really cool!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't remember HGSS introducing new forms at all. I know Platinum added Origin Giratina, Shaymin-Sky, and the Rotom forms, but I don't think HGSS added anything.

It's an easy form to forget since it's such a tiny cosmetic change but hey, they put it in Smash.

Rizen

Smash Legend
OK guys.

Yakuza Like a Dragon
Mafia Remake

And the under £15 ones.

Wattam
The Pedestrian
Kingdom Hearts 3
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Any of those would be an excellent choice. I always liked Spiderman games because web slinging around an open city is super fun. I'm really hyped for Eldin Ring and Horizon Forbidden West coming out.

KillerCage

Smash Master

I feel slighted.
I would say go what feels natural to you.
I prefer official Sonic content, but you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom