• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A part of me wonders if the reason why BDSP removed all future gimmicks is because they simply wanted to soft reset the series after it lost it's direction with criticism of new gimmicks flying all over the place.

Like, tbh, I don't ever see Dynamax returning at all. Normally, the remake would have that gens gimmick but it's just not present in BDSP.
On one hand it's a shame as if they were more finetuned, some gimmicks like Megas could be ****ing amazing and **** like regional variants simply must stay as they're godlike.

On the other hand **** Dynamax lmao miss me with that **** even if it's Ultraman ****

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On one hand it's a shame as if they were more finetuned, some gimmicks like Megas could be *ing amazing and * like regional variants simply must stay as they're godlike.

On the other hand ** Dynamax lmao miss me with that ** even if it's Ultraman ****
I feel like with Megas, the issue is simply that it's probably too much of a hassle game dev wise. The spread was uneven as hell, and Gen 7 didn't introduce any more. Regional Variants are probably easier to do and I don't see them leaving.

Dynamax though, that's probably dead in the water they gave up on it in the same game it was introduced lol.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A part of me wonders if the reason why BDSP removed all future gimmicks is because they simply wanted to soft reset the series after it lost it's direction with criticism of new gimmicks flying all over the place.

Like, tbh, I don't ever see Dynamax returning at all. Normally, the remake would have that gens gimmick but it's just not present in BDSP.
I just think they didn't add it because it's supposed to be a faithful remake. Like, I was actually kinda surprised they added the fairy type.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just think they didn't add it because it's supposed to be a faithful remake. Like, I was actually kinda surprised they added the fairy type.
Removing Fairy would require some massive changes within the game and the system of Pokemon itself so removing it would be a terrible idea dev wise.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

On the flipside, DPSP also removed unbreakable TMs.

Part of it is probably just resources and inexperience. This is ILCA's first time making a console game by themselves, isn't it? They probably just want to play it safe.
They are based on how house pets take neon colors when exposed to radioactive elements with short half-lives.

Can confirm that's exactly how radioactivity works irl.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
After I finish this video on Sonic World (which I've shortened immensely now that DX isn't coming out anytime soon, lol), I'm honestly torn about what I wanna do next.

The plan was to work on a video discussing Omens, but now I'm starting to wonder if a video on Unleashed might be more relevant to current Sonic discussion and get people's interest more.

Tagging CannonStreak CannonStreak Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby TheMightyP TheMightyP 'cause I know y'all are Sonic peeps and I'd be interested to hear your input on what kind of Sonic content y'all would be more interested in watching. Covering fangames is 100% gonna be a huge deal for MooMew, but there's already so many channels that showcase them from SonicTerminal, Sonic Overtime, Blue Vivacity, etc. Granted, I go for more of a review approach than just simple gameplay, but still, I wanna try to gauge what people actually have interest in watching.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
One Piece is one of my favorite stories ever written but I can't blame anyone for not wanting to watch/read 1000 episodes/chapters
That's why for me less than 100 episodes is the max I'll go. I'm interested in stuff like One Piece, Jojo's, MHA and Fairy Tail but I'm far from willing to go into all of that. I want to watch them all but I'd get more value if I watch a variety of stuff.

That being said.......................I'd happily watch something like 50 episodes of Non Non Biyori or Laid Back Camp. I need that wholesomeness.

One Piece is what got me into anime, and I've stayed with it ever since. It delivers so many powerful characters and moments that I have no doubt it was worth getting into.
I just don't' know how people can watch so much of the same show to that amount of episodes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Espeon takes a few elements from sphinxes, Umbreon from a myth I can’t quite remember-

But for the most part they’re kinda just elemental Fox/cats.
They are based on how house pets take neon colors when exposed to radioactive elements with short half-lives.
Between the two of these I wasn’t expecting the one from Noipoi to be informative and helpful and the one from Osby to be silly and sarcastic. It’s like Manaphy used Heart Swap.

osby

Smash Obsessed
After I finish this video on Sonic World (which I've shortened immensely now that DX isn't coming out anytime soon, lol), I'm honestly torn about what I wanna do next.

The plan was to work on a video discussing Omens, but now I'm starting to wonder if a video on Unleashed might be more relevant to current Sonic discussion and get people's interest more.

Tagging CannonStreak CannonStreak Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby TheMightyP TheMightyP 'cause I know y'all are Sonic peeps and I'd be interested to hear your input on what kind of Sonic content y'all would be more interested in watching. Covering fangames is 100% gonna be a huge deal for MooMew, but there's already so many channels that showcase them from SonicTerminal, Sonic Overtime, Blue Vivacity, etc. Granted, I go for more of a review approach than just simple gameplay, but still, I wanna try to gauge what people actually have interest in watching.
I love Unleashed so I'm all for it if you're gonna try your hand at it on modern consoles.

That's why for me less than 100 episodes is the max I'll go. I'm interested in stuff like One Piece, Jojo's, MHA and Fairy Tail but I'm far from willing to go into all of that. I want to watch them all but I'd get more value if I watch a variety of stuff.

That being said.......................I'd happily watch something like 50 episodes of Non Non Biyori or Laid Back Camp. I need that wholesomeness.

I just don't' know how people can watch so much of the same show to that amount of episodes.
Few people watch One Piece in one go. Most fans just start from one point and then just follow the new chapters.

Also, you're not missing much if you skip Fairy Tail

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Will be prepping up my best and worst films of this year close towards the end of next month.
Ditto here. Here's my lists as of current.

Best:
1. Godzilla vs. Kong
2. Nobody/The Suicide Squad
3. The Mitchells vs. The Machines
4. Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
5. Malignant
6. Free Guy
7. Willy's Wonderland
8. Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms
9. A Quiet Place Part II
10. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
11. Wrath of Man

Honorable Mentions: Antlers, Boss Level, Copshop, The Last Duel, The Tomorrow War

Worst:

1. Shadow in the Cloud
2. Awake
3. Space Jam: A New Legacy
4. Prisoners of the Ghostland
5. The Misfits
6. Coming 2 America aka **** You Too
7. Wrong Turn
8. Spiral
9. Tom & Jerry
10. Eternals
11. Mortal Kombat (2021)

Honorable Mentions: Army of the Dead, Infinite

The last two I didn't exactly hate but came across more as disappointments and just didn't like them. I had to fill in my list though. Tom & Jerry is also between worst and disappointing. Didn't hate that either, just didn't like it as well.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also, you're not missing much if you skip Fairy Tail
I've heard it's very mixed. Some people adore it but apparently there is so much filler in the show.

I do want to try but it is way too long for my liking. Also with Jojo's and how I've tried watching it from the start a few times but only really care about Stardust Crusaders.

Also holy **** there is a lot of anime I want to watch.

It helps that most of it is incredibly well written and engaging.
That is what I've heard. One of better long running anime.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So! Figured I'd give a bit of a progress update on Asteria, the comic my friend and I are making.

• Su Ling Chan (A professional voice actress known for her work on No Sraight Roads, the english dub of Kageki Shojo!!, etc.) has finished recording her lines for Abel! Su was super freaking great to work with, and when sending me her audio, she said, "I just have to say, I LOVE VOICING ABEL.", which makes me really happy, haha!
  • All of the lineart is finished, and we are now in the coloring phases of the comic! Been getting a lot of compliments on the lighting, and for good reasn. HaikuHello is freaking killing it!
1637519716747.png

• We finally have a composer for the comic dubs! An indie musician named SubjectIlluminant will be making the music for Asteria. I've worked with Subject before, and he is so freaking great and versatile.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 @Jotadé

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So! Figured I'd give a bit of a progress update on Asteria, the comic my friend and I are making.

• Su Ling Chan (A professional voice actress known for her work on No Sraight Roads, the english dub of Kageki Shojo!!, etc.) has finished recording her lines for Abel! Su was super freaking great to work with, and when sending me her audio, she said, "I just have to say, I LOVE VOICING ABEL.", which makes me really happy, haha!
  • All of the lineart is finished, and we are now in the coloring phases of the comic! Been getting a lot of compliments on the lighting, and for good reasn. HaikuHello is freaking killing it!
View attachment 338359
  • We finally have a composer for the comic dubs! An indie musician named SubjectIlluminant will be making the music for Asteria. I've worked with Subject before, and he is so freaking great and versatile.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X MooMew64 MooMew64 @Jotadé
Yeah the lighting is really good. Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 338359
Hey! I think I am subscribed to SubjectIlluminant's Channel! They make nice stuff!

It is all looking quite well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom