• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Alright, I just ended up seeing Eternals tonight. And honestly that is a top 10 MCU Movie for me.

It was just really refreshing compared to the Superhero formula thats become a little tiring as of late. Characters were cool and I liked the way they handled the villains and conflict. It was an intriguing ride all throughout and I absolutely don’t agree with it getting such bad reviews. Post credit scenes were great setups and I love how Patton Oswalt and Harry Styles are paired together.

Biggest complaint was how Kingo literally pisses off for no real reason in the climax. He had the most reason out of everyone to fight for humanity considering he literally brought a human with him on the journey. Could’ve had some cool moments but he literally just isn’t there for the most important moment in the film.
I guess his decision added some nuance between the two perspectives on the Celestials birth but having him be in the action to allow character growth would’ve been a better idea imo.

Also, I couldn’t see Sprite as anything other than a simp the entire 3rd act. My mind is broken.

Sidenote: Wasn’t prepared for Adult Times in a Marvel movie. Had to cover my sisters eyes.
Looks like Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester is the outlier among us who have seen Eternals and came out with positive impressions.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What’s that? Combee has only an 11% chance to be female, a requirement for Vespiquen?

Amusing, this game thinks that’s any kind of deterrent to me.
I'm just reading this in that Doctor Bees voice.

"What's this? A colony of Combees with only a 11% chance of getting potential Combees that can become Vespiquen Bees? My determination for a briefcase full of Vespiquen Bees ought to put a stop to that!"

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Looks like Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester is the outlier among us who have seen Eternals and came out with positive impressions.
Glad to know I’m not fully alone in enjoying it then haha.

It is funny how I’ve seen a few people say Eternals lukewarm reception is the beginning of the end for the MCU, as if Spiderman isn’t going to annihilate the competition next month.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Not surprising. He never seemed big on it.

I’m just waiting for his Legends hot takes.
I love Arlo, and this is not throwing any shade at him whatsoever, buuuuut:

He wears his heart on his sleeve and it’s super easy to predict if he isn’t gonna like something, lol.

He wants every Nintendo franchise to have its”BotW”, I think. And it seems to me that if a game isn’t that, then, well, he ain’t gonna be interested and he’ll kinda be harsh towards it. He seems to want every Nintendo release to be big, risk taking, pushing the Switch’s graphical limits kinda game. Heck, look at how he treated Kirby: It’s really telling when you look at his reaction to Star Allies VS Forgotten Land what he wants.

This game is a near 1:1 remake that has a simple chili aesthetic and plays exactly how it did on the DS. He was never gonna like it, lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Glad to know I’m not fully alone in enjoying it then haha.

It is funny how I’ve seen a few people say Eternals lukewarm reception is the beginning of the end for the MCU, as if Spiderman isn’t going to annihilate the competition next month.
yes Spider-Man will indeed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Note too there are two MCU films I'm looking forward to.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Guardians 3.

Reason I also still watch MCU movies is because I like to give out my opinion on movies and just being a fan of cinema overall being this movie buff especially if I want to be pleasantly surprised. Shazam! and Joker were notably those which I gave so much **** prior to watching them. Now they're amongst my favorite DC movies alongside The Suicide Squad.

Definitely looking forward to Black Adam next year which is my most anticipated film. Dwayne Johnson and ancient Egypt/Egyptian mythology, especially being a fan of mythologies and cultures from around the world.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I got impatient wanting to evolve my Misdreavus and when I heard that Dusk Stones could be gotten via Pickup, I decided to assemble an army of Pachirisu to hunt one out. However, two hours later, I didn't come back with just a Dusk Stone...

1637470179356.png

As I was scouting out recruits for my army, I managed to find a full odds Shiny Pachirisu! This is my first ever random shiny during a playthrough, so I was quite ecstatic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I remember over two years ago how anticipated I was for Brightburn and It: Chapter Two. Ended up being massive disappointments.

Meanwhile I gave Joker so much **** while looking forward to the latter, ironically it ended up being the opposite.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized Infinity Train is fair game for Multiversus. I really hope we get a Rep for the show To bring interest to jt and maybe lead to the movie they want to do.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh my ****ing god that Molly McGee episode was ****ing godly
Libby and Scratch relationship must continue on more and more and more
and Amphibia was great as well…but…
a calm episode makes up completely for that dark and depressing ass ending from last week

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Fallen Dantalion... Didst thou summon me to inquire about forbidden knowledge?”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Ars Goetia. Dantalion is the penultimate spirit of Solomon and is one of the Great Dukes of Hell. He governs over 36 legions of infernal spirits. He takes the shape of a man with many faces who holds a book in his right hand. His duties include teaching all arts and sciences and declaring secret agreements. He knows the thoughts of everyone, can change them at will, and can show his summoner, anyone they want on the earth.

Skills: Makarakarn, Tetrakarn, Spirit Drain

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

Like most Goetia demons, Dantalion takes very little liberties with his original descriptions, not that there is a need to. The heads lining up his frilly collar gives him a look as unsettling as it is funny. The shadows spilling from his robes are also a nice touch. As an intellectual, Dantalion never learns any physical skills, dispatching his foes with reflective spells and ailments.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GodzillaMendoza dropped a new vid. A pretty timely X-Men one no less. For the most part, it goes over how the show aged pretty well for the most part. I'm still a little weary of the new season coming up, but I can only hope its good.
I remember liking most of what I saw for 90's Xmen but it was too damn long so I dropped it twice. That being said, I saw that there were people saying the show's gonna be awful because the head writer's political views are anti racism and anti white supremacy so I think the show is getting written by someone who understands the point of the Xmen, so optimism isn't unwarranted

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My biggest wish for Gen 9, that they finally get rid of the whole “starters are 80% male” thing. It’s just not fair.
I think the gameplay and lore reason for this that was intended is that the starters are meant to be rare creatures that dont breed as often as other animals and for that to make sense the females had to be rarer than the males.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the gameplay and lore reason for this that was intended is that the starters are meant to be rare creatures that dont breed as often as other animals and for that to make sense the females had to be rarer than the males.
I don’t really care if there’s a lore explanation. It feels like a corporate decision because some suit thinks a little boy won’t play if he sees the pink girl symbol on his fighting monster.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don’t really care if there’s a lore explanation. It feels like a corporate decision because some suit thinks a little boy won’t play if he sees the pink girl symbol on his fighting monster.
I don’t think it’s that, given how 99% of Pokémon’s monsters are designed to be cute, even the “cool” or “ugly” ones.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got the day off of work today, so I think I'm going to try to finish Kingdom Hearts 2 today (I just have to revisit Space Paranoids, revisit Twilight Town, and then it's the final world) and maybe watch an episode of Gravity Falls to see what that's like. (all of my knowledge of that show comes from out-of-context Youtube clips and the fact that one of the Brothers Chaps from Homestar Runner worked on it)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think March will be a rather interesting month for films next year in which I predict that Warner Bros' Batman and Disney/Pixar's Turning Red are the ones to watch.

Will be prepping up my best and worst films of this year close towards the end of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom