• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
After BDSP and with Legends Arceus around the corner... I think all of us are really nervous about what Gen 9 will bring.
Eh, I’m not concerned.

They’re gonna keep truckin’ along like usual. If Legends does well, they’ll probably start leaning towards its design philosophies more. Given GameFreak is now located at Nintendo HQ and can benefit from direct assistance and way more potential resources, I’d say odds are the games are going to slowly keep getting towards what most would like to see.

Basically, I think things look pretty bright. SwSh was hampered by a lot of stuff that I don’t think is gonna be in play anymore.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I went to the store and surprisingly SMTV was sold out for the next week. I can't say I'm mad at that since it means it's probably doing well, but I'm a little sad that I won't be able to play it for a while.

So instead I picked up the MH:Rise amiibos since they still had a couple in stock.

After BDSP and with Legends Arceus around the corner... I think all of us are really nervous about what Gen 9 will bring.
I feel how people go into Gen 9 will depends on how Legends Arceus turns out. Right now it's generally positive aside from some gripes over it being more MH then BotW, but if it's still considered an overall great game then I feel the general feelings towards Gen 9 will be more relaxed then they have been the past few generations. It also depends on when it comes out as there's already a lot of concerns of it coming out next year after Legends Arceus as people want more space between the two games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok. What's it gonna be like?
We’re back to the usual Pokémon set up, new region with new Pokémon and legendaries an evil team, etc. But the Legends gameplay sticks around.

Big overworld that’s not completely open, but the segmented areas are large and very explorable. Seamless battle transitions. The battles are the standard turn based format. The story isn’t anything amazing, but it tries something different for Pokémon and it’s definitely better than swsh.

Australia region. Starters are a grass Koala, a fire Snake, and a water Platypus. It’s a bit on the nose, but the designs are fun so we let it slide.

Pokemon can still attack the trainer in the overworld, so you gotta be careful where you go. Head into an area where the Pokémon are too strong and both you and your team are getting knocked out. Progression is relatively linear, but you’re a bit more free than other games.

Gyms are once again replaced with a new thing.

There will be a Pokémon that becomes a huge meme.

Despite the good things there will be a few things that are removed that are kinda bull****. One step forward, one step back.

It’s released to a pretty good reception. It doesn’t set the world on fire but fans in general are at least happy that they’re still slowly improving. The discourse is still awful though.

Can you travel across the land?

Searching far and wide?
You can teach Pokémon to understand the power that’s inside.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
man if they add Maxwell to Multiversus that’s gonna be so hype. Scribblenauts was the jam.

also is it just me or do Steven’s proportions in battle seem a bit off? idk, his render looks good though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I’m not concerned.

They’re gonna keep truckin’ along like usual. If Legends does well, they’ll probably start leaning towards its design philosophies more. Given GameFreak is now located at Nintendo HQ and can benefit from direct assistance and way more potential resources, I’d say odds are the games are going to slowly keep getting towards what most would like to see.

Basically, I think things look pretty bright. SwSh was hampered by a lot of stuff that I don’t think is gonna be in play anymore.
Emphasis on most. Snake plays the sad violin.
I went to the store and surprisingly SMTV was sold out for the next week. I can't say I'm mad at that since it means it's probably doing well, but I'm a little sad that I won't be able to play it for a while.

So instead I picked up the MH:Rise amiibos since they still had a couple in stock.

I feel how people go into Gen 9 will depends on how Legends Arceus turns out. Right now it's generally positive aside from some gripes over it being more MH then BotW, but if it's still considered an overall great game then I feel the general feelings towards Gen 9 will be more relaxed then they have been the past few generations. It also depends on when it comes out as there's already a lot of concerns of it coming out next year after Legends Arceus as people want more space between the two games.
Fair point. Neither is ideal for me but I guess I'm just stupid.
At this point I am the opposite, I am nervous about what the next gen will take out this time.
That's one of the reasons to be nervous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
GodzillaMendoza dropped a new vid. A pretty timely X-Men one no less. For the most part, it goes over how the show aged pretty well for the most part. I'm still a little weary of the new season coming up, but I can only hope its good.

Also, that new League fighting game looks pretty alright. I'm not a fan of the main game or anything, but a fighter featuring some of its roster might be cool. And it'll have rollback.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Came up with some nifty Elseworld stories regarding if Superman landed in these areas or eras instead.

Australia: Lands in the Australian Outback where he is found and raised by the Australian Aboriginals teaching him the same morals and values as the Kents did but in a more spiritual sense. As he grows up with his powers starting to manifest and finding himself different from everyone else. One of the Aboriginal elders decides it's time to show him where he really came from and suggests doing the Aboriginal's traditional walkabout to find his place in the world and purpose. As Clark travels through Australia, he eventually determines he wants to protect the world and be its savior eventually living a secret life in the Northern Territory as a bushman while being this mysterious superhero to the world. Pretty much becomes Crocodile "Superman" Dundee. Lois Lane from Metropolis in the US hears rumors of the possible ties between this mysterious superhero and notable bushman and travels to Australia to get the story behind it.

Golden Age of Piracy: Lands somewhere in the Caribbean being found and raised by a pirate crew.

Pre-Colonial or Colonial America: Superman landing in pre-colonial America or colonial America found and raised by a Native American tribe. Whether any tribe or one made up like the Kawatche with Superman being raised by Super-Chief in the Old West believing his Manitou stone is Kryptonian in origin. Also Superman landing in Mesoamerica or the time when the Aztecs was around. Probably seen as an embodiment of one of the Mayan or Aztec gods.

North Pole: Found by Santa Claus and his elves and raised by him at his home.

Prehistory: Lands during the Ice Age/Late Pleistocene and found by a tribe and raised amongst them. Such a story could even have Vandal Savage involved.

Viking-era Scanadvinia: Either found and raised by Vikings or the Norse Gods. The latter, he could even be named Baldur with kryptonite being mistletoe to him as his weakness.

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 what do you think especially?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
if y’all are looking for a cheap and nice paint program y’all could try Krita, which is free.

idk if it’s better than CSP or not though, but it’s cool imo. Has a lot of nice brush options and stuff you can use for different things, and I think it has stabilizers too but I haven’t tried them yet (I guess there’s also a dynamic brush tool that some people think is better than the stabilizer idk).

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
anyways

now that I’ve finished the things I needed to do today

Pokémon time les gooooo i’mma catch every Vespiquen ever
This has the same energy as "It's about the Mets baby love the Mets go on score a home run baby let's go baby love the mets-"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We’re back to the usual Pokémon set up, new region with new Pokémon and legendaries an evil team, etc. But the Legends gameplay sticks around.

Big overworld that’s not completely open, but the segmented areas are large and very explorable. Seamless battle transitions. The battles are the standard turn based format. The story isn’t anything amazing, but it tries something different for Pokémon and it’s definitely better than swsh.

Australia region. Starters are a grass Koala, a fire Snake, and a water Platypus. It’s a bit on the nose, but the designs are fun so we let it slide.

Pokemon can still attack the trainer in the overworld, so you gotta be careful where you go. Head into an area where the Pokémon are too strong and both you and your team are getting knocked out. Progression is relatively linear, but you’re a bit more free than other games.

Gyms are once again replaced with a new thing.

There will be a Pokémon that becomes a huge meme.

Despite the good things there will be a few things that are removed that are kinda bull****. One step forward, one step back.

It’s released to a pretty good reception. It doesn’t set the world on fire but fans in general are at least happy that they’re still slowly improving. The discourse is still awful though.

You can teach Pokémon to understand the power that’s inside.
I love how you didn't say what those removed things are.

Like. I just want Megas Back. I would love to live in a world where every final stage evolution has a Mega. Though that's never gonna happen.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Alright, I just ended up seeing Eternals tonight. And honestly that is a top 10 MCU Movie for me.

It was just really refreshing compared to the Superhero formula thats become a little tiring as of late. Characters were cool and I liked the way they handled the villains and conflict. It was an intriguing ride all throughout and I absolutely don’t agree with it getting such bad reviews. Post credit scenes were great setups and I love how Patton Oswalt and Harry Styles are paired together.

Biggest complaint was how Kingo literally pisses off for no real reason in the climax. He had the most reason out of everyone to fight for humanity considering he literally brought a human with him on the journey. Could’ve had some cool moments but he literally just isn’t there for the most important moment in the film.
I guess his decision added some nuance between the two perspectives on the Celestials birth but having him be in the action to allow character growth would’ve been a better idea imo.

Also, I couldn’t see Sprite as anything other than a simp the entire 3rd act. My mind is broken.

Sidenote: Wasn’t prepared for Adult Times in a Marvel movie. Had to cover my sisters eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom