• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Chances are, if you play any 3D game today. There's still some of Quake or Mario 64's DNA buried in there. Or both.
"There's still some of Quake or Mario 64's DNA buried in there."
Well that explains why so many 3D platformers are janky/bad and or try to be realist with dark and gritty tone, Not that is always a bad thing but you sick of seeing it everywhere.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s a fair perspective to have, but you can’t just say the developers had to know it was “janky” at the time because it wasn’t janky at the time. It was new, an innovation.
But like…. When they tried to make a jump and it didn’t work the way they thought it would, how did they not think it was bad?

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
But like…. When they tried to make a jump and it didn’t work the way they thought it would, how did they not think it was bad?
Depends on the context but I assume that their so good at their own game that they didn't see it has a problem, That's my guess on why that one level on Super Mario Sunshine is so bad, You all know the one i'm talking about.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What you kids have to realize is the N64 was completely mind blowing when it first came out. No one had seen fully 3D games before. It hasn't aged well now that we have photo realistic graphics and know how to program cameras and controls. But everything was amazing for the time period.

OT
Bugsnax should have had a health bar. There are situations that should be stressful but have no consequences whatsoever.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
already missing Scarlett Johansson from the MCU and Disney projects in general moving forward

Rizen

Smash Legend
Imagine growing up with the trash N64 instead of the goated Gamecube.

That's what you get for ruining the enviroment, the ecomomy, and causing the Vietnam War you dumb boomers.
It's millennials who had videogames growing up not baby boomers.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My mom gave her new Guard dog a glow in the dark collar and i think it might not have been a good idea because it actually has a strong glow and it looks to be annoying other animals lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Played through Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts recently.

It's actually a really good commentary on and reflection of the gaming industry at the time it released.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After seeing an ad where google can unlock your doors I now see an ad where Amazon drivers can open up your garage. Let's just give EVERYTHING we have to large corporations

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
After seeing an ad where google can unlock your doors I now see an ad where Amazon drivers can open up your garage. Let's just give EVERYTHING we have to large corporations
That's what companies are aiming for, yep. Nobody ever thinks about That but it's coming.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's what companies are aiming for, yep. Nobody ever thinks about That but it's coming.
at least we’re prepared for Disney buying us all

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay I'm willing to defend the Google home thing since that's basically just a glorified garage door remote.

But I'd never give my garage door remote to a random Amazon driver.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which was what?
Despite being a sequel to a platformer series, it instead became a vehicle game with a reduced emphasis on collecting to fit in with the trend of games with space marines and shooting becoming more popular.

The games were previously keen to break the 4th wall but they amped it up to 11 with the characters frequently discussing these changes and concerns. A lot of it is tied directly into the story and some of it is just funny dialogue. When I wasn't accidently skipping scenes, I had a good laugh at one of the jinjos describing himself as an optimistic protagonist that nobody seems to like anymore.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, I'm not gonna trust random people to enter my garage lmao

I'd rather keep taking my chances with leaving my package outdoors. Guess package thievery is unfortunately common enough of a problem for Amazon to consider offering this as a possible solution.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway I think people are rightfully cautious about corporations having access to personal information and such, but they're often cautious for the wrong reasons.

They think of 1984 and how an Authoritarian Regime wants to know what to know you're doing all the time to make sure you aren't talking smack about Big Brother behind his back so they can assert complete and total power over you, while a big corporation just wants to put that info inyo an algorythm so they know how to advertise to you (which can also be pretty bad, to be fair).

Typically large corporations wanna stay out of legal trouble since legal trouble is expensive, so they aren't going to put a backdoor into Google Garage with the intent of stealing your car or bike since that would probably cost them more then it would earn them. Car theft is for smaller, more desperate crooks who don't have nearly as much to loose.

Edit: Basically this is Google/Amazon/Disney

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thinking of Super Mario 64 remakes, I do kinda wish Throwbaxk Galaxy amounted to more areas from 64 than just Whomp's Fortreasa and a 1-Up battle planet, but hey, they at least chose my favorite level from the original for the galaxy, so I can hardly complain.

Bring the Whomp King back for another boss fight, though.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I do wish Mario 64 got remade. It's not often that I stop playing a game, but Mario 64 just infurated me so much with its controls and level design that I couldn't keep playing it anymore.
I'd switch to the DS version but it's designed with the D-Pad in mind so no thanks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What’s Bowser’s Fury got to do with your Mario 64 playthrough?
I was playing 3D World with a friend before and it just reminded me of how 3D World’s style of gameplay is likely dead because of Odyssey and Bowser’s Fury and it makes it so I can’t really enjoy 3D World when I play it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom