• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

All this stuff about ROMs and such is reminding me of when I was 7 and everyone of my age who I knew had a Nintendo DS with R4 cartridges. They were these things which our parents or uncles would use to basically download new Nintendo DS games from the internet and make them playable on the console, like a pendrive... But only for the NDS.

Yes that's right, the Nintendo childhood of everyone from my age could be summarized with this song:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Capitalism, society, etc

Take your pick.

It ain't fair, it ain't right, but it's how the world works. Nintendo isn't our friend, they're really not a lot better than a lot of other companies, even if they do have a vice on a lot of our favorite IPs.
I don’t care about truth. Nobody should just lie back and not be upset because “that’s the way it is”. People being upset is the only way things get better. I understand things feeling futile and like it’s not worth the effort and you’ll be happier if you just sit back and tolerate. But you’ed be even happier if you took the risk to make things better. And this is coming from someone who takes medication for anxiety and overthinks everything. “That’s the way it is!”, sure. But we deserve better.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t care about truth. Nobody should just lie back and not be upset because “that’s the way it is”. People being upset is the only way things get better. I understand things feeling futile and like it’s not worth the effort and you’ll be happier if you just sit back and tolerate. But you’ed be even happier if you took the risk to make things better. And this is coming from someone who takes medication for anxiety and overthinks everything. “That’s the way it is!”, sure. But we deserve better.
5378855B-1C0F-4C11-B2FF-8330E46BE05E.jpeg
I’m too lazy for revolution

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I'm not arguing against you at al, I agree.

The issue is, do enough people agree? When I see the Mario anni collection was Amazon's most sold game when it launched, that tells me that the average consumer doesn't feel the same way I do. And then I see it on my Switch and realize that I'm part of the problem.

D

Deleted member

We all should go back to the days of the Nintendo DS and the R4.

Pirating games and only buying the ones which we end up really liking a lot so we don't have to pay to check on our own if a port is worth the price.

D

Deleted member

We lost a part of Mario History:

The voice actor from the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon specifically.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All corporations are bad, actually
It’s bad. Everyone knows it’s bad. Everyone wishes it wasn’t bad. But trying to fix it could make us hurt so we won’t even try. Even if we could end up being better in the end.

I know that feeling and I’ve spent my life trying to learn how not to be ruled by it. It’s not a valid excuse as far as I’m concerned. For anyone.

Shroob

Sup?
It’s bad. Everyone knows it’s bad. Everyone wishes it wasn’t bad. But trying to fix it could make us hurt so we won’t even try. Even if we could end up being better in the end.

I know that feeling and I’ve spent my life trying to learn how not to be ruled by it. It’s not a valid excuse as far as I’m concerned. For anyone.
I mean, all we can do is 'not buy'. There's nothing else that'll work, since complaining about it on an online forum does nothing.

Corporations care about money, not buying directly hurts them. The issue is, how many games have you bought for the Switch/on the Eshop?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I'm not arguing against you at al, I agree.

The issue is, do enough people agree? When I see the Mario anni collection was Amazon's most sold game when it launched, that tells me that the average consumer doesn't feel the same way I do. And then I see it on my Switch and realize that I'm part of the problem.
I mean I’m part of the problem too cause I own it. I don’t know how to fix the problem, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.
Boycotting is useless in this day and age. It's better to raise awareness in the age of social media rather than to boycott as nothing's really gonna change.

Edit: Oh wait, I sound ****ing stupid
You sound stupid but like… your also right. Truth is stupider than fiction. Boycotting it isn’t gonna get us a better NSO. Boycotting is just gonna get us no NSO equivalent at all.
View attachment 326026
I’m too lazy for revolution
I understand that feeling. But it’s a feeling you need to fight.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, all we can do is 'not buy'. There's nothing else that'll work, since complaining about it on an online forum does nothing.

Corporations care about money, not buying directly hurts them. The issue is, how many games have you bought for the Switch/on the Eshop?

The additional problem is, in the minds of basically every corporate executive, they are infallible. The product didn’t sell, not because it was a bad product, they don’t make bad products! No, the problem is that people just don’t want the product anymore! That’s how they think. So boycotting is just about as useful as complaining on the internet as far as us actually getting what we want.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I think Nintendo finally managed to fix Joycon drift by adding a little bit of foam to the end of a joycon, therefore, preventing it from drifting. Is that right? It only happened this year, so I'm not sure.

EDIT: Yeah, it's real, but not exactly a permanent fix, they only started implementing this a few months ago.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The dungeons in FFII are probably the worst in the whole FF franchise. These are "before FFV" dungeons, so there's no fun puzzle solving in them, which sucks.
EDIT: Also, too many random encounters makes them drag on.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
At the end of the day, they're gonna go to where the money is.

The general consumer does not care about 99% of the things the more hardcore enthusiast groups like us do. What's completely unacceptable to us is 9 times outta 10 not even something on their radar. This is not a bad thing, just a key difference. People have different priorities.

And then we end up buying the game anyways because at the end of the day, we still want it deep down. Yeah, we'll make a snarky post on social media, maybe get a hashtag or two going, but at the end of the day, 'tis nothing more than voices on the wind.

Does this mean I like how Nintendo does things? Heavens no. I wish things were done differently. But I also want to play Mario 64 on my Switch whenever I'm not in the mood to play Render96 on my PC, so :drshrug:

Buy a game if it looks fun and worth it to you. That's all I can really offer.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ayyy congrats on baked friend of Nathaniel.

And soon bro, that’s gonna be you.
I actually have done voice over for one commercial. When I was about 5-6 years old, I recorded a radio ad for a waterpark, though it was kinda one of those “Let’s get a random kid off the street to record this” situations. I am looking into applying for that agency, though.

Also I have still never listened to that radio ad. :dr^_^:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I actually have done voice over for one commercial. When I was about 5-6 years old, I recorded a radio ad for a waterpark, though it was kinda one of those “Let’s get a random kid off the street to record this” situations. I am looking into applying for that agency, though.

We'll find it, don't worry. :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I knew you were destined for greatness

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let’s hope Nintendo eventually gets it in their heads to actually do a proper Mario 3D All-Stars Pack. Though they’ed have to come up with a new name.

IMO, every Mario game should get the N. Sane Treatment and get ported to Switch.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Mario 64 is a lot of fun once you grow accustomed to the somewhat clunky controls and camera. Only the last couple of worlds and a few 100 coin stars like the one for Hazy Maze Cave and Shifting Sand Land gave me trouble when going for 100%.

I didn't even bother getting everything in Sunshine because of those damn blue coins, and Galaxy is pretty easy to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom