• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I can't remember a single time I ever saved inside a Pokémon center.

I tend to save outside of them because It allows me to instantly be able to use a Pokémon with Flight.

D

Deleted member

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
I finished the first episode and honestly I was really pleased with It.

It reminded me of Falcon & The Winter Soldier in tone, which is currently my favourite Marvel show out of the ones on Disney+ right now. And It was interesting to see which stuff changed in this reality compared to the original movie.

This one has the potential of overthrowing F&TWS as my favourite one so far, here's hoping the next episodes manage to keep It up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
I finished the first episode and honestly I was really pleased with It.

It reminded me of Falcon & The Winter Soldier in tone, which is currently my favourite Marvel show out of the ones on Disney+ right now. And It was interesting to see which stuff changed in this reality compared to the original movie.

This one has the potential of overthrowing F&TWS as my favourite one so far, here's hoping the next episodes manage to keep It up.
…we didn’t have to see Peggy not be with Steve again? Those 2 are never allowed to just plain be together without any sort of shenanigans. Also, Josh Keaton is really gonna okay every single superhero before he dies, cause man did his voice manage to fit Steve as well.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH if you wanna play old Nintendo games just rip or download ROMs.

As long as you already own the game or it isn't being sold anywhere outside of second hand (meaning it's out of print), then yeah, it's fair game IMO.

D

Deleted member

TBH if you wanna play old Nintendo games just rip or download ROMs.

As long as you already own the game or it isn't being sold anywhere outside of second hand (meaning it's out of print), then yeah, it's fair game IMO.
I personally like to play games on their original consoles as for me It is just the more confortable way to play them (unless they are official ports such as Virtual Console, those tend to control well enough too).

So for some of the Metroid games I was missing physically for example I decided to pick repro cartridges.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's not like any AAA company is gonna sue you out of your ass for emulating
What's funny about this is Nintendo are kinda like, the only ones that care as much as they do.

Other companies are pretty much whatever about it or offer ways to actually play their old stuff.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
EA and Activision: Guys, our games are shallow, meaningless entertainment, we promise!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You may call them stupid, and I may not entirely disagree with that I certain aspects.

But the sales numbers say otherwise. From their perspective, they’re doing just fine.
It’s just like…. it doesn’t make any sense. They have the resources to make their fans happy which would undoubtedly lead to even greater sales than they are currently getting, and yet they just don’t want to. It’s not even a risk! I guarantee you that an N64, GameCube, and Wii online service for dumping roms and a full Mario all-stars remake collection would both sell like hot cakes. Heck, I’m certain that people would pay up charges on their NSO accounts for those other consoles. And having the originals on NSO would not stop people from double dipping because those old games have so many problems that people will just want to pay for the polished experiences. Like… can you honestly tell me that what I’m saying is false and that they wouldn’t be raking in even more money than they are now if they did so. It just doesn’t make sense. It’s not like we’re asking them to revive some fan favorite poor performing IP. We’re talking about MARIO here. Not to mention all the people nostalgic over N64, NGC, and Wii. It just doesn’t make sense. Other companies sell old games and then do remakes of them on the same platform and it doesn’t hurt sales, it just makes them more money! What’s the excuse here?

D

Deleted member

I still have nightmares about the price of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster bundle.

Shroob

Sup?
It’s just like…. it doesn’t make any sense. They have the resources to make their fans happy which would undoubtedly lead to even greater sales than they are currently getting, and yet they just don’t want to. It’s not even a risk! I guarantee you that an N64, GameCube, and Wii online service for dumping roms and a full Mario all-stars remake collection would both sell like hot cakes. Heck, I’m certain that people would pay up charges on their NSO accounts for those other consoles. And having the originals on NSO would not stop people from double dipping because those old games have so many problems that people will just want to pay for the polished experiences. Like… can you honestly tell me that what I’m saying is false and that they wouldn’t be raking in even more money than they are now if they did so. It just doesn’t make sense. It’s not like we’re asking them to revive some fan favorite poor performing IP. We’re talking about MARIO here. Not to mention all the people nostalgic over N64, NGC, and Wii. It just doesn’t make sense. Other companies sell old games and then do remakes of them on the same platform and it doesn’t hurt sales, it just makes them more money! What’s the excuse here?
You're not wrong, but there is a saying in business.

The least amount of effort, the most amount of profit.

Like, it's kinda obvious that their NSO is trash.... but the kick to the balls is you have no alternative solution. It's either you buy it, or you don't play online at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No, you’ve got a point.

But if they could still sell incredibly well, maybe not insanely well, but still incredibly well. While only putting in a fraction of the effort. Then that’s what they’re gonna do.

That’s just business :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're not wrong, but there is a saying in business.

The least amount of effort, the most amount of profit.

Like, it's kinda obvious that their NSO is trash.... but the kick to the balls is you have no alternative solution. It's either you buy it, or you don't play online at all.
I know that’s a saying and it’s a trash saying. I don’t care how true it is. It’s still dumb and should die. I don’t care how things are or why. I only care about making things better because they should be better.

Shroob

Sup?
I know that’s a saying and it’s a trash saying. I don’t care how true it is. It’s still dumb and should die. I don’t care how things are or why. I only care about making things better because they should be better.
Capitalism, society, etc

Take your pick.

It ain't fair, it ain't right, but it's how the world works. Nintendo isn't our friend, they're really not a lot better than a lot of other companies, even if they do have a vice on a lot of our favorite IPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom