• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
"Nobody wants to play as Zelda" I say as the Zelda fanbase has constantly begged for it and are upset that Zelda seems to be a dansel in distress again in BotW2
I'm somebody.

Now the world is gonna roll me.
Huh weird, I thought I was nobody.
Leaving aside that I can barely even understand what you're even saying, but:Speak for yourself, will you? I would like a playable Zelda in a main game and don't have her confined to spin-off hell or just the CD-i games.
Most of you seemed to have missed these parts:
Want to look Like zelda so just add A costume and A hair style Easy done!
And i guess we can Have an the Adventure of Zelda Spinoff game!

And for those of you saying zelda should be playable in mainline:
Maybe as long as she isnt the Main Char because may i remind you that link was Designed as Protagonist! Zelda wasnt!

View attachment 325993
Well that was a whole lot of Gamer moments.

#MakeLinkBlack
You litteraly can play as a link with dark skin!

Honestly you guys astonish me!
Calling ME names even to i tried and find An compromise so that my Childhood Hero my Favourite Char ever! Gets to stay in his position while giving you everything Reasonable you asked for!
Im sorry But Shame on You!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just realized that I am no help here because I know nothing about anime voice actors. When I tell you that while playing I was hearing the voices of actors and actresses like John DiMaggio, Paul Eiding, Yuri Lowenthal, Tara Strong, Grey DeLisle, Ashley Johnson, Fred Tatasciore, Rob Paulson, and Dee Bradley Baker; you’re just gonna tell me that Wayforward couldn’t afford them. I’m sorry but it looks like I wouldn’t really be of any help here.
I mean the majority of those are union actors (Yuri Lowenthal would probably be the most likely tbh) and dub work actors would fit better with the series and keep with the consistency with the other actors, though I can probably find voices that would be similar to what you’re thinking. Like what specific voices of those actors in particular were you thinking?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Be prepared.

They are gonna show Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl, and the new trailer will start...
The internet will explode
Jade and Cat
I actually wouldn't mind if they added Jade West to the game if we're getting live action characters lol
her vs Mikey tho
Carly is exclusive to the DSi version? BOOOOOO I hate console exclusives
worth it for that Carly Shay bonus (especially after last week’s episode)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ha ha I never realized and thought how oddly fitting and thematic a crossover between the Fast and Furious series and Lilo & Stitch would be as they're both about family.

Imagine a story about Dom and Letti deciding to take a vacation in Hawaii meeting a peculiar little girl and her "dog" who also know the importance of family.

Not gonna lie, I'd read that.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Maybe as long as she isnt the Main Char because may i remind you that link was Designed as Protagonist! Zelda wasnt!

Calling ME names even to i tried and find An compromise so that my Childhood Hero my Favourite Char ever! Gets to stay in his position while giving you everything Reasonable you asked for!
I don't think anyone is asking for Zelda to outright replace Link as the protagonist. We just want the choice of choosing between the two, and Zelda's (supposed) backseat role yet again in BOTW 2 is incredibly disappointing given how perfect her new design is for a playable role. Why are you so against being given the option to play as Zelda in a series ****ing named after her?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

1. It's called the Legend if Zelda. Why wouldn't people want Zelda playable as Zelda becomes more important. What did you think of Spirit Tracks? Because Zelda was playable alongside Link.

2. Link is meant to be the player. No two Links are the same, they're all different. Link can be a girl, black, asian, hispanic, lgbt, or whatever because Link is never the same and will always have differences with a different incarnation. They'll still be Link even if they're a bit different. Remember, Wind Waker had Zelda be black until... she suddenly became white after she was revealed to be Zelda before becoming black again as Tetra in PH

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I don't think anyone is asking for Zelda to outright replace Link as the protagonist. We just want the choice of choosing between the two, and Zelda's (supposed) backseat role yet again in BOTW 2 is incredibly disappointing given how perfect her new design is for a playable role. Why are you so against being given the option to play as Zelda in a series ****ing named after her?
The reason is simple zelda being playable Limits the Options! Lets say we give the player an option Gone would be every moment that treats the Play like link he would lose his Individuality! I guess having an alternate Story would be okay maybe but it would cost much m,ore too Develop!

D

Deleted member

The reason is simple zelda being playable Limits the Options! Lets say we give the player an option Gone would be every moment that treats the Play like link he would lose his Individuality! I guess having an alternate Story would be okay maybe but it would cost much m,ore too Develop!
Looks at Cadence Of Hyrule and how It basically makes 2D Zelda work with both a playable Link and Zelda
Eeeh... Are you sure you have played enough Zelda games to make such statements?

D

Deleted member

Hmmm...... this @Jotadé guy looks familiar.....

Good to see you again ****lord. Always nice to see you around.
Lol, nice to see you again too Irepan!

Sorry about the whole thing with your server, I was really clouded by a lot of negative shenanigans. But I've been feeling way better recently.

Would love to join the server again if possible.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
1. It's called the Legend if Zelda. Why wouldn't people want Zelda playable as Zelda becomes more important. What did you think of Spirit Tracks? Because Zelda was playable alongside Link.

2. Link is meant to be the player. No two Links are the same, they're all different. Link can be a girl, black, asian, hispanic, lgbt, or whatever because Link is never the same and will always have differences with a different incarnation. They'll still be Link even if they're a bit different. Remember, Wind Waker had Zelda be black until... she suddenly became white after she was revealed to be Zelda before becoming black again as Tetra in PH
Link is still Link! Zelda Reeincarnation always seems to keep Physical Appearence (unless youre Impa) lets say Zelda is reborn as Muscular Man You would probably dislike that? or lets say Ganondorf wouldnt be green but actually darker skinned! Would be dumb too right?
She wasnt Black she got a tan (best seen by her Blond hair) i dont have anything against a Tan!
Looks at Cadence Of Hyrule and how It basically makes 2D Zelda work with both a playable Link and Zelda
Eeeh... Are you sure you have played enough Zelda games to make such statements?
I did say Zelda can be playable in Spinoffs (i guess i used singular but that doesnt really matter)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remember, Wind Waker had Zelda be black until... she suddenly became white after she was revealed to be Zelda before becoming black again as Tetra in PH
Pretty sure Tetra there just had an exaggerated anime tan from being on the ocean all the time.

Not that I disagree with your main point, but I don't think that was supposed to be a magical race change.

Edit: Especially since her hair never changed color.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I managed to install Wine on my chromebook after an hour of banging my head against the wall, so now I can install basically any program I want, regardless of if it was even designed with chromebooks in mind.

Man, I love my chromebook.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Came on to say that I was stupid again. As if climbing over a barbed wire fence was bad yesterday:

1628701537120.png

I drank two caffeine shots in one go out of boredom.

I mean hey, when your local outdoors store offers you a discount of 50% stuff like this and bike accessories of course I'm gonna do something like this.

Lol, nice to see you again too Irepan!

Sorry about the whole thing with your server, I was really clouded by a lot of negative shenanigans. But I've been feeling way better recently.

Would love to join the server again if possible.
Finally getting over that hill my friend.

Server is still around and it's full of a few commoners here. It's quiet sometimes but that's fine. Planning to expand the server anyways once the final character releases or make a new one.

Just ask on Discord.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean the majority of those are union actors (Yuri Lowenthal would probably be the most likely tbh) and dub work actors would fit better with the series and keep with the consistency with the other actors, though I can probably find voices that would be similar to what you’re thinking. Like what specific voices of those actors in particular were you thinking?
When I played the game I was imagining it this way. Shantae and Risky were with Christina Vee just because I had been previously exposed to those performances. But the rest.

Sky - Ashley Johnson
Bolo - Yuri Lowenthal
Rottytops - Grey DeLisle (a snottier version of her daphne)
Uncle Mimic - Paul Eiding
Squid Baron - Dee Bradley Baker
Ammo Baron - Steve Blum
Hypno Baron - John DiMaggio (his voice as Crimson Cloak in Scooby Doo and Batman: The Brave and the Bold).
Techno Baron - Rob Paulsen
Armor Baron - Troy Baker
Holly Lingerbean - Tara Strong

The rest of the Seven Sirens characters I just associated with the VAs I heard when they spoke. But as soon as I saw Armor Baron before he even opened his mouth I thought of Troy doing his Van Kliess voice.

D

Deleted member

So yeah, let's try to bright up the chat by sharing something which hopefully may be of the pleasure of some people here.

It is possible that some of you may have noticed my new pfp... And how It looks quite different from most of the ones I've had in the past. And that's because I have made a big change for myself.
How big is said change? Well...

Yup, by putting all the effort and by having the support of many IRL friends I managed to do It.
I'm currently wearing them when my parents aren't at home, mostly to prevent having long and serious conversations for now. Gonna wait a bit for that.

Now some of you probably can imagine already why I'm feeling so great these days.
It may not seem like It, but figuring out how to write this post was tough. (Also, tagging osby osby and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen in case they are currently offline)

D

Deleted member

No, if anything you're missing the point. We want a playable Zelda, not Link dressed as Zelda. Also are you seriously calling Zelda not a main character when the entire series is named after her?

But let's entertain your logic for a second, you're saying only playable characters are main characters then and unless Zelda becomes a main character she shouldn't be playable. Don't you see the flaw in that logic? It's a catch 22.

And do us a favor and stop going "shame on you" because people disagree with you.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So yeah, let's try to bright up the chat by sharing something which hopefully may be of the pleasure of some people here.

It is possible that some of you may have noticed my new pfp... And how It looks quite different from most of the ones I've had in the past. And that's because I have made a big change for myself.

Yup, by putting all the effort and by having the support of many IRL friends I managed to do It.
I'm currently wearing them when my parents aren't at home, mostly to prevent having long and serious conversations for now. Gonna wait a bit for that.

Now some of you probably can imagine already why I'm feeling so great these days.
It may not seem like It, but figuring out how to write this post was tough. (Also, tagging osby osby and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen in case they are currently offline)
Took me a while to notice. Thought it was a new pair of shades and haircut.

Glad to see you are finally feeling a bit better in your own skin. Blue and white are always a graceful colour combination with what you are wearing.

No, if anything you're missing the point. We want a playable Zelda, not Link dressed as Zelda. Also are you seriously calling Zelda not a main character when the entire series is named after her?

But let's entertain your logic for a second, you're saying only playable characters are main characters then and unless Zelda becomes a main character she shouldn't be playable. Don't you see the flaw in that logic? It's a catch 22.

And do us a favor and stop going "shame on you" because people disagree with you.
To be fair Taigiry, this is why I ignore him. He tries to make a point but he's just terrible at it and looks like a bit provoking.

Also, we do need a playable Zelda now in a main game. It's one of those things that's needed in a way for some series is more single player female characters.

D

Deleted member

Took me a while to notice. Thought it was a new pair of shades and haircut.

Glad to see you are finally feeling a bit better in your own skin. Blue and white are always a graceful colour combination with what you are wearing.
Thank you so much! And yeah, I feel that the colours do fit me great with these clothes ^-^

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Link is still Link! Zelda Reeincarnation always seems to keep Physical Appearence (unless youre Impa) lets say Zelda is reborn as Muscular Man You would probably dislike that? or lets say Ganondorf wouldnt be green but actually darker skinned! Would be dumb too right?
Sure, give Zelda muscles, I'm here for it.

Also, waa Ganondorf not darker skinned in all of his appearance? I know he had a greenish tint to him, but he hails from a darkskin race. There's nothing dumb about making him dark skinned.

And with this, I have to ask why are you so against the idea of people wanting Zelda franchise to be different or taken in a different direction? Why are you so mad at the idea of people wanting Zelda playable? What do you lose from such a request? It's still a children's/young adults game at the end of the day, it's not like these changes would make it Grand Theft Auto.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
When I played the game I was imagining it this way. Shantae and Risky were with Christina Vee just because I had been previously exposed to those performances. But the rest.

Sky - Ashley Johnson
Bolo - Yuri Lowenthal
Rottytops - Grey DeLisle (a snottier version of her daphne)
Uncle Mimic - Paul Eiding
Squid Baron - Dee Bradley Baker
Ammo Baron - Steve Blum
Hypno Baron - John DiMaggio (his voice as Crimson Cloak in Scooby Doo and Batman: The Brave and the Bold).
Techno Baron - Rob Paulsen
Armor Baron - Troy Baker
Holly Lingerbean - Tara Strong

The rest of the Seven Sirens characters I just associated with the VAs I heard when they spoke. But as soon as I saw Armor Baron before he even opened his mouth I thought of Troy doing his Van Kliess voice.
Any specific characters for some of the other actors?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Any specific characters for some of the other actors?
Ashley and Yuri were just doing there usual Ashley and Yuri voices. Holly was like… a deeper and more annoying bubbles. Mimic was just Paul’s Grandpa Max voice with a little more energy. Ammo Baron was Steve’s voice as Jack from Wabbit: A Looney Tunes Production. Techno Baron was a voice I’ve heard Rob do in a kajillion places but the only one I can remember the name of was Ichabeezer from VeggieTales In The House. And Squid Baron was just Dee’s normal speaking voice. Weird I know but as soon as I saw him I was like “Dee should voice this guy” and I was trying to think of which of his many funny voices would fit best and then I laughed when I just started voicing him with Dee’s normal speaking voice. It became incredibly funny. Though Tom Kenny’s Plastic Man voice could also work well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey congrats on taking such a big step and good luck with your parents, I know that can be pretty scary. Nice to see things are going better for you nowadays.

To be fair Taigiry, this is why I ignore him. He tries to make a point but he's just terrible at it and looks like a bit provoking.
Eh, maybe, but I'd prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt that maybe he has just trouble getting his points across properly. English isn't his first language, as he's admitted himself in the past.

And with this, I have to ask why are you so against the idea of people wanting Zelda franchise to be different or taken in a different direction? Why are you so mad at the idea of people wanting Zelda playable? What do you lose from such a request? It's still a children's/young adults game at the end of the day, it's not like these changes would make it Grand Theft Auto.
Look at his profile post. Seems like a pretty unhealthy obsession, to be honest.

On that note, why are profile posts on the front page anyway? I know it's been like that for a long time now, but it's such a weird feature to have still.

D

Deleted member

Hey congrats on taking such a big step and good luck with your parents, I know that can be pretty scary. Nice to see things are going better for you nowadays.
Thank you so much Taigiry! And yeah, I'll try my best to work things out with my parents ^-^

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I will say out of the games in the indie showcase, Shovel Knight puzzle league looks good.

Metal slug seems fun to, although I haven’t played that series before.
I was hoping for something Shovel Knight…. not the full sequel I was hoping for but still cool looking.

Still hoping for Super Shovel Knight, Shovel Knight 64, and Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse 3D.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ashley and Yuri were just doing there usual Ashley and Yuri voices. Holly was like… a deeper and more annoying bubbles. Mimic was just Paul’s Grandpa Max voice with a little more energy. Ammo Baron was Steve’s voice as Jack from Wabbit: A Looney Tunes Production. Techno Baron was a voice I’ve heard Rob do in a kajillion places but the only one I can remember the name of was Ichabeezer from VeggieTales In The House. And Squid Baron was just Dee’s normal speaking voice. Weird I know but as soon as I saw him I was like “Dee should voice this guy” and I was trying to think of which of his many funny voices would fit best and then I laughed when I just started voicing him with Dee’s normal speaking voice. It became incredibly funny. Though Tom Kenny’s Plastic Man voice could also work well.
I’ll look into those. Did you by chance look into my VA suggestions and the characters I listed?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nice to see that you can express yourself better now. I get sharing this stuff with others is tough at the start but it's nice to have people you feel comfortable opening up to.

Also, you rock that dress.

D

Deleted member

Nice to see that you can express yourself better now. I get sharing this stuff with others is tough at the start but it's nice to have people you feel comfortable opening up to.

Also, you rock that dress.
Thank you so much Osby! I'm glad that you really feel that It fits me great.

And yeah, being around people such as you, Lamperouge, Speed Weed or Noipoi makes me feel confortable to express myself. Probably because ya'll tend to be quite respectful with these kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom