• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would really like to see Amigo and Alex Kidd make the cut.

More so since both are related to monkey stuff in some ways.
That's pretty smart. I forgot that Alex Kidd was based from Monkey King for a second there.

I lowkey hope a character that doesn't fit to game at all, like Kiryu or Joker.

D

Deleted member

That's pretty smart. I forgot that Alex Kidd was based from Monkey King for a second there.

I lowkey hope a character that doesn't fit to game at all, like Kiryu or Joker.
Lol, seeing Kyryu rolling inside a ball would be quite funny to see.

And Joker could use his Persona Q2 design, if the team really wants to make Joker fit in as well as possible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WHAT IF…
…Marvel decided to steal themselves another month for more hype?

also watch the Peggy episode of What If…if you want to emotionally die

D

Deleted member

I already saw a bit of It and It reminds me of Falcon & The Winter Soldier with the way they handle some themes (which is great, I loved that show).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
WHAT IF…
…Marvel decided to steal themselves another month for more hype?

At the rate this is going and with the Delta and Lambda variants, the more likely I'm seeing this getting delayed as with plenty of other movies again. Just when we thought things were getting better we're seemingly going back to square one...Yay...

**** this virus. Also F the people in the world that aren't taking it seriously and not getting vaccinated or wearing masks. At the rate this is going I'm thinking COVID is here to stay becoming another "cold" and "flu" and we're just going to have to live with it getting shots yearly like the common cold and flu.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai tweeted about Paper Mario's anniversary
Put him in Smash plz.

Also, was TTYD the first Paper Mario to be called Paper Mario in Japan?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
osby osby @Wademan94 they officially announced Sonic and Tails for the new Monkey Ball!

Aaaaaaaaand there we go!

I think this was leaked a while ago, so it's nice to get official confirmation, even if it is pretty obvious either way.

I do hope we get some more guests, and I hope they don't play it super safe with the picks. SEGA has too many good properties for these kinds of games to keep crossing over with the same handful of franchises over and over again, and the insane variety of SEGA pfps in Sonic Colors Ultimate does honestly give me a tiny bit of hope that we may finally be moving past the era of constantly picking the same few franchises (usually the Sonic-Monkey Ball-NiGHTS-JSR gang) for guest appearances. That's not to say it still wouldn't be cool to see someone like NiGHTS, but please, SEGA, you have such a wide variety of properties - take advantage of that.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai tweeted about Paper Mario's anniversary
Put him in Smash plz.

Also, was TTYD the first Paper Mario to be called Paper Mario in Japan?
Just looked It up and apparently It was the first one, yes.

Specifically called Paper Mario RPG.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And to also think that we're going to have to be dealing with worst arising pandemics at some point in the future, ones that will make COVID seem like an inconvenience. Not too surprising given how overpopulated this world is.

There will probably be a time when there will be a virus that mutates too quickly that vaccines will be ineffective, especially given viruses are becoming more resistant to antibiotics.

Eventually I think it's gonna be a virus that will collapse civilization at some point combined with the stupidity from people shown last year. I feel that's inevitable.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aaaaaaaaand there we go!

I think this was leaked a while ago, so it's nice to get official confirmation, even if it is pretty obvious either way.

I do hope we get some more guests, and I hope they don't play it super safe with the picks. SEGA has too many good properties for these kinds of games to keep crossing over with the same handful of franchises over and over again, and the insane variety of SEGA pfps in Sonic Colors Ultimate does honestly give me a tiny bit of hope that we may finally be moving past the era of constantly picking the same few franchises (usually the Sonic-Monkey Ball-NiGHTS-JSR gang) for guest appearances. That's not to say it still wouldn't be cool to see someone like NiGHTS, but please, SEGA, you have such a wide variety of properties - take advantage of that.
Ngl, I would also like to see lesser featured stuff such as Skies Of Arcadia, Sakura Wars or Streets Of Rage getting stuff in these games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Like really, the stupidity that was shown last year has me convinced that civilization would even fall in the event of a zombie apocalypse because there are folks who are just that stupid.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There will probably be a time when there will be a virus that mutates too quickly that vaccines will be ineffective, especially given viruses are becoming more resistant to antibiotics.
We already have a viral disease that can't be prevented by vaccines, it's called flu.

Also, viruses are not becoming more resistant to antibiotics, they were always immune to them. Antibiotics are used against bacteria. .

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We already have a viral disease that can't be prevented by vaccines, it's called flu.

Also, viruses are not becoming more resistant to antibiotics, they were always immune to them. Antibiotics are used against bacteria. .
And more the reason why as I mentioned there will come a time when a deadly virus pops up where vaccines will not work. I still stand society will inevitably collapse from a future virus that made COVID seem like an inconvenience especially with the ever-growing population which makes new viruses more and more likely to pop up, most likely China again.

Either that or at some point in the future knowing governments, a deadly virus is gonna purposely be released for the sake of culling the population as a means of sustaining civilization so it doesn't collapse and will be covered up.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this seems like a good opportunity to post a Harley pic
7C0279F6-AF42-4679-A5CD-9E370618494E.jpeg

I already saw a bit of It and It reminds me of Falcon & The Winter Soldier with the way they handle some themes (which is great, I loved that show).
A Black Man Wearing The Stars And Stripes & A Golden Armed Chad
This is fake btw.
you know what isn’t fake? The reactions shown in the comment section
**** this virus. Also F the people in the world that aren't taking it seriously and not getting vaccinated or wearing masks. At the rate this is going I'm thinking COVID is here to stay becoming another "cold" and "flu" and we're just going to have to live with it getting shots yearly like the common cold and flu.
that was already the likely possibility…but any excuse to berate and beat the **** out of somebody who doesn’t wear a mask or get the shot out of petty purposes

osby

Smash Obsessed
And more the reason why as I mentioned there will come a time when a deadly virus pops up where vaccines will not work. I still stand society will inevitably collapse from a future virus that made COVID seem like an inconvenience especially with the ever-growing population which makes new viruses more and more likely to pop up, most likely China again.

Either that or at some point in the future knowing governments, a deadly virus is gonna purposely be released for the sake of culling the population as a means of sustaining civilization so it doesn't collapse and will be covered up.
Eh, COVID is far from being the worst pandemic in human history. Yeah, the increase in the world population density makes new diseases more dangerous but we're also getting better equipped at handling them. Just look at how quickly China got back on its feet. I'm confident that we won't be wiped out by a virus anytime soon.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pit in the entire vast of SEGA All Stars Racing in Monkey Ball.

Yes, this includes Danica Patrick, Wreck it Ralph, Football Manager, and Team Fortress
How are AGES' transformations supposed to be handled?

You know what **** it, make the VMU, Hornet racecar, F14, and Dreamcast controller all separate characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Eh, COVID is far from being the worst pandemic in human history. Yeah, the increase in the world population density makes new diseases more dangerous but we're also getting better equipped at handling them. Just look at how quickly China got back on its feet. I'm confident that we won't be wiped out by a virus anytime soon.
I dunno man, the stupidity shown last year and even then still going on has me convinced otherwise...Knowing the stupidity of people I'm convinced we'd fall in the chance of a zombie apocalypse as like those COVID parties, I'm convinced idiots would also do zombie parties or the fact of those hooligans burning down a building in Denmark because of not being able to accept curfew and not thinking of the lives they're putting at risk.

Also better equipped in handling them? Tell that to countries that wouldn't close their borders only because they didn't want to hurt the economy which is why where we are now.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pit in the entire vast of SEGA All Stars Racing in Monkey Ball.

Yes, this includes Danica Patrick, Wreck it Ralph, Football Manager, and Team Fortress
Man, I remember how some people were angry at Football Manager for being a random guest character.

And I was there like "he's not a third-party character though..."

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Covid is the flu. Just a bit of a deadlier version. Vaccines help prevent and minimize the risk of death. It probably won't eradicate it considering how flus mutate and evolve, but it'll make it meaningless and more of an annoyance if anything. Like the Flu

However

Please lay off the Fox News conspiracies.

D

Deleted member

I'll say what I said back when the Covid variants started to pop in.

Each one of us will be able to get the virus out of our lifes if we all take the reccomended and important security meassures we have had enough time to learn already.
And while the vaccine won't 100% make you unable to get infected, It makes your body stronger to It and prevent any extreme symptons. So yeah, It is important and necessary to get vaccinated (which thankfully is being done for free in my island due to goverment financing, so even homeless people can get It without having to save anything).

Right now the problem at least in the Canary Islands is that there are people (more so Young people) who are neither completely vaccinated or follow the security meassures. Those are the people who make up most of the cases, but if each one of us does follow the meassures and get vaccinated it is really unlikely that we will get in any worriesome health status.

So yeah, if anyone here has the chance to get vaccinated as soon as possible do it, and always make sure to follow the security meassures (washing hands each time you come back from the Streets, always wearing mask anywhere you go, using alcohol in your hands as much as possible and keep the social distance).

I apologize for the long post, but I feel It is important to at least get a reminder just in case.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Joker was indeed right. Such events does really let out the ugliness and true selves in humanity.

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy"

Forget Thanos man. It's no wonder Joker is one of fiction's most iconic and popular villains.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Joker was indeed right. Such events does really let out the ugliness and true selves in humanity.

Forget Thanos man. It's no wonder Joker is one of fiction's most iconic and popular villains.
JOKER IS SPITTING FACTS
joker-snyder-cut-2.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know this is wrong, right?

Like, the whole point of the Killing Joke was Joker was bull****ting and presenting an extreme, calculated situation as the proof of the inherent corruptibility of humans and he still failed. The story couldn't be more obvious about how no, a sane person wouldn't turn into a crazy murderer with just one bad day and you need to be already pretty far gone if you're using a crappy Monday as an excuse to kill people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom