• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ah, that part must have been when I was getting food or something. I think I missed part that fight.
it was a quick moment since…ya know…Rahzar is skinny compared to Leatherhead.
Noipoi Noipoi

tragedy strikes
I never understood why this started…but I ship it now
I don’t care what anyone says. Mario 64 needs a full on remake. The fact that that is t what 3D All-Stars did is upsetting. To both my dreams, and my eyes and stomach because hot damn this game gives me eye strain and motion sickness like nothing else.
64 DS finna beat you up for the disrespect

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don’t care what anyone says. Mario 64 needs a full on remake. The fact that that is t what 3D All-Stars did is upsetting. To both my dreams, and my eyes and stomach because hot damn this game gives me eye strain and motion sickness like nothing else.
Yeah, 3D All Stars was basically Nintendo printing their own money without doing any work.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 you willing to help me with some voice casting for the Shantae series now that you have experience with it?
Sure. Who you trying to cast?
it was a quick moment since…ya know…Rahzar is skinny compared to Leatherhead.

I never understood why this started…but I ship it now

64 DS finna beat you up for the disrespect
I’ve been told that remake also has a bad camera. I was also told not to play it and to instead play the N64 version.

D

Deleted member

Well, would you look at It. Just in these past three months:

-We got Metroid 5 and It is Dread
-Dragon Quest 3 is getting an Octopath-level remake, Erik is finally getting his own game and they played the main theme at the Olympics
-Judgement got a sequel announced and is coming this year to PS4
-And Lumity became canon

Noipoi

Howdy!

-Dragon Quest 3 is getting an Octopath-level remake, Erik is finally getting his own game and they played the main theme at the Olympics
-And Lumity became canon
Is that you JD?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

-And Lumity became canon

Is that you JD?
JD? Nah, I'm a whole different person called New JD.

This post was written by whoever made this:
New Super JD

Good to have you back!
and like that peace has returned
9CBAD2C2-F12C-4221-8412-B3DF333A299D.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sure. Who you trying to cast?
Well here’s some of my choices so far:
To start I’m keeping the most of voices of Shantae and her friends the same as of Seven Sirens, (though I may recast Sky for…reasons) Risky on the other hand, mainly because it’d be a lot more work for Cristina to fully voice the main hero AND villain in a potential animated series. As for who I’d like to see play Risky, my top picks at the moment are Rena Strober (same English VA for Azura from Fire Emblem Fates BTW) or Laura Post

-After hearing Ira Gamagoori's English voice from Kill la Kill, I cannot hear anyone else other than Patrick Seitz for Ammo Baron. His hammy yet militaristic sounding voice I feel is perfect for this guy.
-Maybe Griffin Puatu for Squid Baron (Spitz from WarioWare Gold)
-For Techno Baron, I'm thinking maybe Kirk Thornton, his Frog-Man voice from One Punch Man, albeit brief, sounds like it'd work, though Matt Mercer with his Victor voice from Critical Role could also work. Just someone that sounds raspy and small
-Maybe it's because he looks so much like a Dungeon Master but I could totally see Matt Mercer or Kaiji Tang (with his Kurogane voice from Tales of Berseria) as Hypno Baron.
-I definitely think Christopher Corey Smith would work for Abner after hearing his voice for Albus from Skullgirls.
-Poe I’m thinking Sungwon Cho along the lines of his Express Owls voice from A Hat in Time
-As much as it is type-casting, I definitely want to see Twitch voiced by Sarah Williams (Jinx- League of Legends, Nonon Jakuzure-Kill la Kill)
Vinegar I'm having a little trouble with but I'm leaning towards Carrie Keranen. (Initially I went the same route as you picking just one voice actress, the one I had in mind was Stephanie Komure aka Patricia Wagon)
-I’m still unsure about who I want for Mayor Scuttlebutt, but two actors I could see are either Chris Cason or Edward Bosco (something like his 18-Volt voice from Warioware Gold) Trying to think of a character or actor with a doofy sounding voice
-for the Chef Girl, considering how well she’s able to handle long-winded nonsensical rants if her Mako voice from Kill la Kill is any indication, I think Christine Marie Cabanos would be perfect for the role (though the exact voice she could use would be more like her Delthea voice from Fire Emblem Echoes)
-and for miss Holly Lingerbean, I dunno what it is, but something about this character just screams Kira Buckland to me, specifically her Hydra Bell voice from Blood Lad

Trying to think of some other characters at the moment, but lemme know your thoughts

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not gonna lie. I'm kinda looking forward to Reminiscence. It'll be nice to see Hugh Jackman in action again.

Says a lot when I'm more interested in that than any of the upcoming MCU films...

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie. I'm kinda looking forward to Reminiscence. It'll be nice to see Hugh Jackman in action again.

Says a lot when I'm more interested in that than any of the upcoming MCU films...
Yeah, this year is packed with quite a lot of cool movies to watch. Just this month alone I have already seen Jungle Cruise and Vivo (which I found both to be quite great) and I'm working out plans with my new group of friends to watch the new Suicide Squad movie.

And btw Michael, since It has been that very long since I last saw you: how did you find Godzilla Singular Point? I personally really loved It.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I thought Suicide Squad was the movie you were more interested than any of the upcoming MCU movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, this year is packed with quite a lot of cool movies to watch. Just this month alone I have already seen Jungle Cruise and Vivo (which I found both to be quite great) and I'm working out plans with my new group of friends to watch the new Suicide Squad movie.

And btw Michael, since It has been that very long since I last saw you: how did you find Godzilla Singular Point? I personally really loved It.
So far I've only gotten through half of it. Still have yet to finish it but will eventually.

Don't spoil me of anything.

Also you're gonna love The Suicide Squad. That I can promise you. Basically if Deadpool wrote The Avengers. :p
I thought Suicide Squad was the movie you were more interested than any of the upcoming MCU movie.
It was.

This is just becoming another film that I'm also apparently more interested in as well. Especially like the setting where it's in the near future and living in Florida where rising sea levels starting to happen. Not to mention Hugh ******* Jackman back in action again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Suicide Squad seems really promising, more so because It has one of the most insane casts I have seen in a movie for a long while (you have people such as Margot Robbie and Idris Elba working alongside other people such as John Cena or freaking Sylvester Stallone, actors who I for one didn't expect to see working together at all), It visually does feel like It came out of a comic book (the costume design helps a lot) and of course It is a film directed by James Gunn, who already has experience with these kinds of movies and It already shows with the trailers that this project fits him quite well.

Here's hoping that the soundtrack is also as great as in other James Gunn productions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Suicide Squad seems really promising, more so because It has one of the most insane casts I have seen in a movie for a long while (you have people such as Margot Robbie and Idris Elba working alongside other people such as John Cena or freaking Sylvester Stallone, actors who I for one didn't expect to see working together at all), It visually does feel like It came out of a comic book (the costume design helps a lot) and of course It is a film directed by James Gunn, who already has experience with these kinds of movies and It already shows with the trailers that this project fits him quite well.

Here's hoping that the soundtrack is also as great as in other James Gunn productions.
Getting James Gunn to direct was a massive improvement for sure.

Ironic that being fired by Disney at the time was the best outcome otherwise we wouldn't have gotten this gem of a masterpiece.

D

Deleted member

Getting James Gunn to direct was a massive improvement for sure.

Ironic that being fired by Disney at the time was the best outcome otherwise we wouldn't have gotten this gem of a masterpiece.
Yeah, It is quite funny to see that what was at first thought to be an awful choice by Disney ended up bringing a lot of good to everyone.

James Gunn got to make this new Suicide Squad movie, DC gained more trust by fans by giving the director creative freedom to It, the Guardians Of The Galaxy cast and the MCU fans managed to get Gunn back with enough effort and as such Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 is happening and will likely be a neat clossure to this trilogy Gunn has created.

Quite interesting how many twists life can give.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, It is quite funny to see that what was at first thought to be an awful choice by Disney ended up bringing a lot of good to everyone.

James Gunn got to make this new Suicide Squad movie, DC gained more trust by fans by giving the director creative freedom to It, the Guardians Of The Galaxy cast and the MCU fans managed to get Gunn back with enough effort and as such Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 is happening and will likely be a neat clossure to this trilogy Gunn has created.

Quite interesting how many twists life can give.
And after finishing Guardians 3. I think Gunn should just go work for DC doing more Suicide Squad films. He honestly feels more home there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom