• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And after finishing Guardians 3. I think Gunn should just go work for DC doing more Suicide Squad films. He honestly feels more home there.
Honestly, I do quite agree.

I believe that now that the whole Zack Snyder era is over, It is time for DC to choose more carefully the directors and staff they get for their films. Because movies such as Shazam, Birds Of Prey or this new Suicide Squad movie turned out that great basically because they got the right people for It. Hopefully they learn from all these and they get a team who can somehow keep Henry Cavill as Superman but while giving him a better script to work with.
And with the whole thing DC has of allowing their properties to get basically any rating without having to stick to a specific tone, maybe both the Plastic Man and John Stewart movies I always wanted could finally happen.

the powers of Amity brings in nothing but positivity and the ability for us all to be an awesome girlfriend
Hell yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

NOIPOI FUN FACT!

I know where you live!!
You actually don't, and It is thanks to today's sponsor: NordVPN.

In the current age, It is tougher to get full on privacy due to how much companies and scamsites lurk around social media and all the other sites on the worldwide web. So It would be quite neat to have a way to maintain stuff such as your location a bit safer.
Well, with NordVPN that is a reality. Just change your IP location to any other part of the world and you're off to go! You can also use NordVPN to check out on movies not available in the streaming services of your country. It was quite sad to see that Disney+ didn't have Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command or American Dragon available, but with NordVPN I can change my location to the USA and both will finally be available for me.

Go check NordVPN.com today, and if you use the code "Jot4déContrer4" you will gain three months of NordVPN for free!

Keep yourself safe from all kinds of dangers, and download NordVPN today!

Noipoi

Howdy!
You actually don't, and It is thanks to today's sponsor: NordVPN.

In the current age, It is tougher to get full on privacy due to how much companies and scamsites lurk around social media and all the other sites on the worldwide web. So It would be quite neat to have a way to maintain stuff such as your location a bit safer.
Well, with NordVPN that is a reality. Just change your IP location to any other part of the world and you're off to go! You can also use NordVPN to check out on movies not available in the streaming services of your country. It was quite sad to see that Disney+ didn't have Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command or American Dragon available, but with NordVPN I can change my location to the USA and both will finally be available for me.

Go check NordVPN.com today, and if you use the code "Jot4déContrer4" you will gain three months of NordVPN for free!

Keep yourself safe from all kinds of dangers, and download NordVPN today!
I’ll read this ad, after a word form out sponsor RAID SHADOW LEGENDS-

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, I do quite agree.

I believe that now that the whole Zack Snyder era is over, It is time for DC to choose more carefully the directors and staff they get for their films. Because movies such as Shazam, Birds Of Prey or this new Suicide Squad movie turned out that great basically because they got the right people for It. Hopefully they learn from all these and they get a team who can somehow keep Henry Cavill as Superman but while giving him a better script to work with.
And with the whole thing DC has of allowing their properties to get basically any rating without having to stick to a specific tone, maybe both the Plastic Man and John Stewart movies I always wanted could finally happen.

Hell yeah!
hells to the yeahs

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm literally skipping out sleep the day before It comes out so I can go to my nearest mall when It opens and see if they somehow still have some stock of the new Dread amiibo and be one of the first people in my island to pick It.

So yeah, I'm hyped.
Remember:

Manslaughter is legal if they’re a scalper ; )

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well here’s some of my choices so far:
To start I’m keeping the most of voices of Shantae and her friends the same as of Seven Sirens, (though I may recast Sky for…reasons) Risky on the other hand, mainly because it’d be a lot more work for Cristina to fully voice the main hero AND villain in a potential animated series. As for who I’d like to see play Risky, my top picks at the moment are Rena Strober (same English VA for Azura from Fire Emblem Fates BTW) or Laura Post

-After hearing Ira Gamagoori's English voice from Kill la Kill, I cannot hear anyone else other than Patrick Seitz for Ammo Baron. His hammy yet militaristic sounding voice I feel is perfect for this guy.
-Maybe Griffin Puatu for Squid Baron (Spitz from WarioWare Gold)
-For Techno Baron, I'm thinking maybe Kirk Thornton, his Frog-Man voice from One Punch Man, albeit brief, sounds like it'd work, though Matt Mercer with his Victor voice from Critical Role could also work. Just someone that sounds raspy and small
-Maybe it's because he looks so much like a Dungeon Master but I could totally see Matt Mercer or Kaiji Tang (with his Kurogane voice from Tales of Berseria) as Hypno Baron.
-I definitely think Christopher Corey Smith would work for Abner after hearing his voice for Albus from Skullgirls.
-Poe I’m thinking Sungwon Cho along the lines of his Express Owls voice from A Hat in Time
-As much as it is type-casting, I definitely want to see Twitch voiced by Sarah Williams (Jinx- League of Legends, Nonon Jakuzure-Kill la Kill)
Vinegar I'm having a little trouble with but I'm leaning towards Carrie Keranen. (Initially I went the same route as you picking just one voice actress, the one I had in mind was Stephanie Komure aka Patricia Wagon)
-I’m still unsure about who I want for Mayor Scuttlebutt, but two actors I could see are either Chris Cason or Edward Bosco (something like his 18-Volt voice from Warioware Gold) Trying to think of a character or actor with a doofy sounding voice
-for the Chef Girl, considering how well she’s able to handle long-winded nonsensical rants if her Mako voice from Kill la Kill is any indication, I think Christine Marie Cabanos would be perfect for the role (though the exact voice she could use would be more like her Delthea voice from Fire Emblem Echoes)
-and for miss Holly Lingerbean, I dunno what it is, but something about this character just screams Kira Buckland to me, specifically her Hydra Bell voice from Blood Lad

Trying to think of some other characters at the moment, but lemme know your thoughts
I just realized that I am no help here because I know nothing about anime voice actors. When I tell you that while playing I was hearing the voices of actors and actresses like John DiMaggio, Paul Eiding, Yuri Lowenthal, Tara Strong, Grey DeLisle, Ashley Johnson, Fred Tatasciore, Rob Paulson, and Dee Bradley Baker; you’re just gonna tell me that Wayforward couldn’t afford them. I’m sorry but it looks like I wouldn’t really be of any help here.

Also, why change Sky? Was her VA cancelled or something?

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can tell that I've been gone for 3 years when everyone welcomes back someone whose name I don't recognize.
Then again, a lot of the names of the people who are active here these days aren't familiar to me either.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Well, would you look at It. Just in these past three months:

-We got Metroid 5 and It is Dread
-Dragon Quest 3 is getting an Octopath-level remake, Erik is finally getting his own game and they played the main theme at the Olympics
-Judgement got a sequel announced and is coming this year to PS4
-And Lumity became canon

image0-121.jpg

bottom text

D

Deleted member

Not related to anything going on but I finally saw Luca after like a month of my bf and other friends bugging me to see it

Super good movie would recommend lol definitely worth the watch
What I liked the most about the movie was the character design.

Felt quite different from the other recent Pixar movies, and It did feel fresh in a way for me.

The music used in the movie is also neat.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What I liked the most about the movie was the character design.

Felt quite different from the other recent Pixar movies, and It did feel fresh in a way for me.

The music used in the movie is also neat.
Oh yea definitely, the artstyle was super cute I liked it too.

D

Deleted member

Today is the first day of school for me.

It feels weird to think this is my last year, my sister is on her second to last year, and my brother is just entering middle school.

Knowing me, I’m going to procrastinate like a *****. lol.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
@BlondeLombax this.

Who’s the final SFV character we’ve been keeping a mystery to get you excited for the payoff? Generic ****ing white guy named LUKE.
Im fine with the generic but the ****ing White Guy is a bit mean ok!

Anyways im on a diet so i bought an Mp3 player for walks but where do i get Nintendo mp3s from nowadys?

D

Deleted member

Yup, I've always been a fan of Jackie Chan's films that also include Rush Hour and Shanghai Noon.
When I was a kid I was REALLY into that one Jackie Chan cartoon they used to put on Jetix.

It was about him living with an old man and a kid and he was fighting an evil clan or group.

Hey, welcome back @Jotadé. Nice to see you again.
Thanks!

D

Deleted member

Tails look so cute in this game.

I wonder if they'll add any other crossover series other than Sonic and JSR. Not that what we already got isn't enough but it'd be super cool to have a couple more of them.
I would really like to see Amigo and Alex Kidd make the cut.

More so since both are related to monkey stuff in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom