• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I say this like once a week but reiterating again.

Feels like except Smashboards, Discord, Wikipedia (and related), Crunchyroll, Google Drive/Maps and a few gaming/serious news sites I feel anxious about using the internet these days.
Part of it is the fact I'm seriously considering archiving music and videos as a hobby and the fear of what's next that is taken down. And the other is what site next is going to get a crappy UI overhaul all for clicks.

Thank you so much! And yeah, I feel that the colours do fit me great with these clothes ^-^
Plus I think you even showing yourself on a pic online shows a bit of new confidence in you. Again, the colours work well. I suck at knowing fashion as a plain clothes guy but yeah it works for you.

And with that boost of showing it out in the open, it's a contrast to me as I'd be fine with showing my voice and real name on Discord but I'll never be at that level of yours (maybe video on Discord if I was really confident).

Glad you made the step.

Eh, maybe, but I'd prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt that maybe he has just trouble getting his points across properly. English isn't his first language, as he's admitted himself in the past.

Look at his profile post. Seems like a pretty unhealthy obsession, to be honest.
I know English isn't his first but the points he's making aren't the best. It's just missing the marks sort of thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gotta have to make a confession, despite how it might've looked earlier, I don't actually care that much for Zelda. In fact, I've only bought two Zelda games in all those years, the rest I've gotten for free via various means, like the 3DS Ambassador Project or the Double Dash bundle.

D

Deleted member

Foster's Home For Imaginary Kids
Looks like something out of a thriller or mid 70s-80s horror movie, lol.

Feels like except Smashboards, Discord, Wikipedia (and related), Crunchyroll, Google Drive/Maps and a few gaming/serious news sites I feel anxious about using the internet these days.
Part of it is the fact I'm seriously considering archiving music and videos as a hobby and the fear of what's next that is taken down. And the other is what site next is going to get a crappy UI overhaul all for clicks.

Plus I think you even showing yourself on a pic online shows a bit of new confidence in you. Again, the colours work well. I suck at knowing fashion as a plain clothes guy but yeah it works for you.

And with that boost of showing it out in the open, it's a contrast to me as I'd be fine with showing my voice and real name on Discord but I'll never be at that level of yours (maybe video on Discord if I was really confident).

Glad you made the step.
Yeah, I'm so glad for having been able to gain such a big boost in confidence ever since I stopped interacting with my uncles and cousins.
I feel way more free to express in any ways I want, as thanks to all the people I've met IRL these past weeks I now know that there's nothing wrong with who I am and have nothing to hide to the world.

Haven't felt this great since probably June of 2019.

Gotta have to make a confession, despite how it might've looked earlier, I don't actually care that much for Zelda. In fact, I've only bought two Zelda games in all those years, the rest I've gotten for free via various means, like the 3DS Ambassador Project or the Double Dash bundle.
Lol, It's funny because I also don't consider myself a big Zelda fan but outside of Skyward Sword HD I basically own every Zelda Game released on Switch so far. And I liked all of them (although Cadence Of Hyrule felt too hard for me).

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Was getting ready to purchase the first volume of Komi Can't Communicate and I came across this "review" that had me rolling.

"This series and heartwarming and sweet. I loved every minute of it. I reread this every night before I sleep, as it helps me to cope with my existential dread. My wife left me last month and took the kids. Of course since I don't have an income they're sure to shut the power off any day now, so I won't be able to reread this before bed anymore as it will be too dark. But I will still be able to read it by daylight to ease my sorrow. It's starting to smell bad in here. I suppose I could take out the trash, but my wife always did that and I honestly never even learned where the dumpster is around here. Come to think of it, I'm not sure when the mortgage payment is due, so I probably won't be able to live here much longer... but that's okay as long as I can take volume 1 of Komi-Can't Communicate along with me! You see, Komi-chan is just like me, I haven't been able to speak with anyone for.. as long as I can remember. I used to communicate to my wife through sticky notes around the house and she usually wouldn't be able to find me because I would be hiding somewhere in the house. Often in a wardrobe or the dryer. (One time my son came to start the dryer when when I was in there. It was terrible, it was the first time I'd ever made eye contact with him and the terror in his eyes when he saw me was enough to confirm my fears of others.) That being said I don't think I'll ever be able to afford volume 2... But that's okay because volume 1 is so good!"

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, I'm so glad for having been able to gain such a big boost in confidence ever since I stopped interacting with my uncles and cousins.
I feel way more free to express in any ways I want, as thanks to all the people I've met IRL these past weeks I now know that there's nothing wrong with who I am and have nothing to hide to the world.

Haven't felt this great since probably June of 2019.
I'm really glad to hear you have made that jump. Cutting ties can be hard but it feels refreshing when you do it, sometimes you need a few year break from people or cut them away completely.

To add, believe me dude, there is nothing wrong with you. It's just people being afraid of things they don't understand or cause they can't change themselves is what leads them to put down others.

Still sometimes online friends and IRL always. I owe it to Lamperouge Lamperouge M MooMew64 and Wademan94 Wademan94 etc. for making a impact on me nowadays. I'll tell you it sometime but recent months been a bit rough personally but in contrast I'm changing for myself.

Cycling, writing and finally having my dream game released has been the best stuff this year.

Was getting ready to purchase the first volume of Komi Can't Communicate and I came across this "review" that had me rolling.

"This series and heartwarming and sweet. I loved every minute of it. I reread this every night before I sleep, as it helps me to cope with my existential dread. My wife left me last month and took the kids. Of course since I don't have an income they're sure to shut the power off any day now, so I won't be able to reread this before bed anymore as it will be too dark. But I will still be able to read it by daylight to ease my sorrow. It's starting to smell bad in here. I suppose I could take out the trash, but my wife always did that and I honestly never even learned where the dumpster is around here. Come to think of it, I'm not sure when the mortgage payment is due, so I probably won't be able to live here much longer... but that's okay as long as I can take volume 1 of Komi-Can't Communicate along with me! You see, Komi-chan is just like me, I haven't been able to speak with anyone for.. as long as I can remember. I used to communicate to my wife through sticky notes around the house and she usually wouldn't be able to find me because I would be hiding somewhere in the house. Often in a wardrobe or the dryer. (One time my son came to start the dryer when when I was in there. It was terrible, it was the first time I'd ever made eye contact with him and the terror in his eyes when he saw me was enough to confirm my fears of others.) That being said I don't think I'll ever be able to afford volume 2... But that's okay because volume 1 is so good!"
I'm so tempted to get Komi-san just cause of the anime hype.

I want to buy like 20 different manga/light novels right now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
welp I made a comment just now and I’m trying to figure out what to think about until the plumber comes over…and I pray that they (most likely a he) is wearing enough clothes to not unintentionally see something I don’t wanna see

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm so tempted to get Komi-san just cause of the anime hype.

I want to buy like 20 different manga/light novels right now.
I've already gotten into a handful of manga/light novels thanks to their recent anime adaptations like Nagatoro, 86: Eighty Six, and The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated, so it should be fun to go into a series without having seen the show first. Only six chapters into Komi so far but it's really cute and even somewhat relatable for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC show Twitter accounts taking potshots at both Marvel and themselves by using the What If hype tho…that’s amazing

Dutch Raikuna

Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna a lot of Discord servers I'm in tend to really hype up Komi-San, since apparently It is such a great manga.

Been wanting to check It for a long while as such.
Oh yeah. The hype is real. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the show to kick off the new service **** Sony of the Crunchyroll-Funimation hybrid.

Then again I prefer buying physical so I might see if it's in town over the next few days. Better supporting the anime industry through buying that.

I've already gotten into a handful of manga/light novels thanks to their recent anime adaptations like Nagatoro, 86: Eighty Six, and The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated, so it should be fun to go into a series without having seen the show first. Only six chapters into Komi so far but it's really cute and even somewhat relatable for me.
I'm picking up manga/light novels only when they pick from anime. Land of the Lustrous, Spice and Wolf, Kino's Journey for example. Then there's me trying to buy the novelisations of Makoto Shinkai's films, the light/manga just for shows I love like Girls Last Tour, Laid-Back Camp, Nichijou.

Will pick it up easily.

Also Lamperouge but you buy physical or digital for manga?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna a lot of Discord servers I'm in tend to really hype up Komi-San, since apparently It is such a great manga.

Been wanting to check It for a long while as such.
I'm already finding the relationship between the two leads to be quite wholesome and Komi's anxiety when dealing with people hits a bit too close to home for me. Assuming the manga manages to keep things fresh enough for its 300+ chapter run, I could see this being a new favorite.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mario 3D All-Stars should have been an N. Sane Style Remake of 64 DS with proper analogue control and camera, Sunshine should have gotten numerous bug fixes and quality of life updates, and Galaxy 2 should have been on the collection. Common complaints I know but I can’t help but think that when playing the games on here. They needed touching up. And they didn’t get it. And they probably never will because they wasted this opportunity.

Shroob

Sup?
Mario 3D All-Stars should have been an N. Sane Style Remake of 64 DS with proper analogue control and camera, Sunshine should have gotten numerous bug fixes and quality of life updates, and Galaxy 2 should have been on the collection. Common complaints I know but I can’t help but think that when playing the games on here. They needed touching up. And they didn’t get it. And they probably never will because they wasted this opportunity.
I mean, yeah, but you said it yourself, common complaints. They're as true when the game came out as they are now.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm picking up manga/light novels only when they pick from anime. Land of the Lustrous, Spice and Wolf, Kino's Journey for example. Then there's me trying to buy the novelisations of Makoto Shinkai's films, the light/manga just for shows I love like Girls Last Tour, Laid-Back Camp, Nichijou.

Will pick it up easily.

Also Lamperouge but you buy physical or digital for manga?
I go physical if it ends up being a manga that I really enjoy. All three that I previously mentioned I own every physical volume currently released in English, while Komi Can't Communicate I had to buy digitally.

The only other manga I physically own ATM is the complete box set for the original Dragon Ball.

D

Deleted member

Ngl, the fact N.Sane Trilogy exists is the main reason why I am currently feeling really mixed about the Advance Wars remakes coming soon.

Don't get me wrong: the remakes look great and Wayforward seems to have done a really great job. The thing is that at least from what I've seen so far It seems to be just two GBA games recreated in 3D with an online mode added, and for the cost of 60$ in the USA or what will probably be 48€ where I live.

Compare that to N.Sane Trilogy, which were three whole console games remade from the ground up too, with the addition of time trials in every Game, online leaderboards and two whole new levels. All for just 30€ at least where I live.

So yeah, I am really divided. For one side I am glad that Advance Wars is back and the remakes look quite promising... But at the same time I fear I will have to wait and see if there's more stuff still not shown yet to see if It is worth It to pick It at launch.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, yeah, but you said it yourself, common complaints. They're as true when the game came out as they are now.
Yeah. Just… come on Nintendo. You even wasted the Mario 3D All-Stars name on a friggin rom dump when the original All-Stars pack were full 16 bit remakes with quality of life features and it had all the nes Mario games INCLUDING Lost Levels on it. It’s just on my mind now that I’m playing it and it really bums me out.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why put in effort when you could just dump the ROMS and still make bank?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So yeah, let's try to bright up the chat by sharing something which hopefully may be of the pleasure of some people here.

It is possible that some of you may have noticed my new pfp... And how It looks quite different from most of the ones I've had in the past. And that's because I have made a big change for myself.
How big is said change? Well...

Yup, by putting all the effort and by having the support of many IRL friends I managed to do It.
I'm currently wearing them when my parents aren't at home, mostly to prevent having long and serious conversations for now. Gonna wait a bit for that.

Now some of you probably can imagine already why I'm feeling so great these days.
It may not seem like It, but figuring out how to write this post was tough. (Also, tagging @osby and @Cutie Gwen in case they are currently offline)
Love your confidence, you rock the new look king 👑

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom