• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing that bugs me about my new laptop is I tend to hit the 0 key when I have my mouse on the laptop.

So I usually start a YouTube video from the beginning again by accident.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Venus is actually just trying to vibe with the younger kids here. He doesn't even know what pizza is. Lmao :troll:

"Pizza? Oh for sure, man! I especially love the mayo and corn, you know? Batman's favorite food? Haha."

Just kidding, Venus. We love ya.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Why's that?
oh, a lot

-stressed about beating myself up over making simple mistakes at work and feeling like a massive idiot

-stressed about my router refusing to work and the tech guys wont be here to fix it until wednesday

-brita filter stopped working and it was already faulty anyway so i tossed it

-a complainer who has complained about my workplace before is complaining about the same thing a year later despite having the tools necessary to get around the issue and making my life harder

-the buildup of these problems leaves me with a headache and stomach pain as well

There might be more, idk.

Oh yeah, trying to recover from beating myself up whenever i lose in smash bros, and i havent played any smash games since thursday yet im still recovering

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So I just played an 8 player match where it was something like Hero vs Pichu vs K. Rool vs Kirby vs Samus vs Sonic vs Duck Hunt vs Shulk. It was on Mementos so I got to hear Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There while kamikazing myself and thwacking everyone then the stage morphs into Minecraft World.

I think we often forget just how insane and weird Smash is. Just watching an 8 player battle, let alone play it is an experience. All of the characters flying into the blast zone, the assist trophies and pokemon from pokeballs adding extra chaos on top of the chaos, all while listening to great music. To me, this is Smash as its peak.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

GRINNING MAN

Episode Title: "Grinning Man"
Subject matter: Indrid Cold
Summary: Due to a sudden increase in UFO sightings around the West Virginia area. A ufologist investigating steps in to investigate these sightings. To his eventual horror and shock, when he witnesses an extraterrestrial vehicle landing, he finds himself in a whole new world of trouble.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
oh, a lot

-stressed about beating myself up over making simple mistakes at work and feeling like a massive idiot

-stressed about my router refusing to work and the tech guys wont be here to fix it until wednesday

-brita filter stopped working and it was already faulty anyway so i tossed it

-a complainer who has complained about my workplace before is complaining about the same thing a year later despite having the tools necessary to get around the issue and making my life harder

-the buildup of these problems leaves me with a headache and stomach pain as well

There might be more, idk.

Oh yeah, trying to recover from beating myself up whenever i lose in smash bros, and i havent played any smash games since thursday yet im still recovering
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

I can also relate to sometimes putting myself down after making a mistake at work but I typically try not to dwell on it too long. Nobody is perfect and we all have our quirks, so I just use those experiences as a learning tool to try my best to prevent it from happening again.

And I used to be absolutely terrible with losing in competitive video games. Sometimes remnants of that behavior will still creep up when I'm playing, say, Street Fighter 5, but I just turn the game off at that point. My life is full of its own problems and I don't need something trivial like a video game to add to that, y'know? That's mostly why I've been gravitating more towards single player affairs in recent years.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

This is what it looked like and costed about $28 for a medium. The person who ordered it requested for no Mayonnaise yet they included it regardless. Asking for specific orders like “Hold the ketchup” in Japan is usually met by blank stares and then the waiter having to ask the chef if that’s possible. Which it usually isn’t and they apologize profusely for being unable to not not include something. Or vice versa.

Honestly though Japanese love corn on pizza. My family and I made pizza a month ago and even though I protested about them adding corn on it....my wife just dumped a can full of it. The kids love it so I’m ok with it.

We had one pizza place in town but that closed up during the lockdowns so now, if we want pizza, we have to drive an hour south where there is a Dominoes. Well, there is a restaurant that serves pizza but it’s basically store bought pizza crusts and ketchup and cheese with no toppings slapped onto it and baked in a small oven that costs $15.

That being said, I would rather eat sushi and ramen over pizza and hot wings any day. When we do come back to America, I’ll be missing these things something fierce.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just brought out my massive stack of Christmas dvd's. It's time for my Christmas celebrations to start.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I like how the lore reason for all the old legendaries is getting progressively weaker. It went from "hoops summoned them!" to "you go to paralell dimensions that happen to have the exact same legendaries" to "yeah they're all chilling in a cave"

Gen 11: Regional Meloetta is holding a sick party and all the legendaries decided to show up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh cool...website logged me in again

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why have a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game when you can a Guilty Gear vs Street Fighter game?
Sol Badgay vs Ryu anyone?
I don’t see much of a connection between the two franchises tbh. MK and SF at least have that classic rivalry going on. I’m sure it would be a nice game if they made it though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like how the lore reason for all the old legendaries is getting progressively weaker. It went from "hoops summoned them!" to "you go to paralell dimensions that happen to have the exact same legendaries" to "yeah they're all chilling in a cave"

Gen 11: Regional Meloetta is holding a sick party and all the legendaries decided to show up.
Gen 15: No explanation. Junichi Masuda puts himself in the game and says “Just shut up and take your legendaries.”

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Finished a few art projects for today, including this one with Jirachi, one of my favorite Mythical Pokemon in fact.​
Anyone else remember the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc that let you transfer Jirachi to RSE?

I still have mine.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so...what do we spend this week talking about PS5 and XSeX/XSeS/XSX/XSS aside?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hate online dating! I'm on Eharmony and autistic so it's hard for me to talk to people. There are very few women who I find compatible. I feel really alone in the world. I've talked back and forth with 3 women. The first we facetime dated for a few months then all of a sudden it's "I've found someone better, goodbye". The 2nd was going well but out of the blue her profile was deleted. Now with the 3rd again it was going well, we shared common interests like both being novel writers but it's been over a week since her last message. Eharmony logged me out today, wouldn't accept my password and wouldn't send my email a new one. Finally I logged on with facebook and that worked. Maybe that happened to her too.
It's just that so many stars have to align for someone to even respond to a message. Then everything can end for no reason. It's really hard living in CO because I get all these pages of matches but literally 3/4ths are over 60 miles away. I'm also atheist and every other profile says "I want a man who loves Jesus". It's hard. I feel like a moth being drawn to the flame again and again. Thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom