• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm planning on getting a PS5, which will be my first real non-Nintendo system.

I was genuinely surprised when I found out that DMC5SE wouldn't be full priced, that's how used to Nintendo I am.

D

Deleted member

Hot Nintendo Take?

People overreact and claim series are "dead" way too early.

I see people claim that series like Star Fox is dead, when it got a game pretty recently.

Remember SMTV?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another new drawing done, this time, my dude Nightcrawler! I haven't drawn him much, but I got a couple of them done recently.

I'll be working on drawing another character soon. One I never drew before.

D

Deleted member

Greetings everyone.

Today a store-chain called Mediamarkt had some deals called "Black November" which had really tempting prices, so I went to check all of the deals in person by doing my first travel on foot since a long while (felt really great).

And thanks to those deals at last, for the price of 14,45€, got the only missing Dragon Quest game officially released in the West of Switch for my collection (excluding DQB1) and something I'm really looking forward to playing with Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo .

Alongside that, I bought Ocarina Of Time 3D for 16€ at another Store called Carrefour because 3DS games are rarer nowadays.

And on a side note: the new SpongeBob movie was really epic.

D

Deleted member

Here is a button.

O

You have no idea what it does. Will you press it?

D

Deleted member

I'll take the heaviest rock I can find and smash it.
Well, the button was activated, and now you're in Mars, surviving by yourself in a small village made for you.

What do you do now?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hot Nintendo Take?

People overreact and claim series are "dead" way too early.

I see people claim that series like Star Fox is dead, when it got a game pretty recently.

Remember SMTV?
I don’t know about series that aren’t very active, but I believe a lot of people say stuff like this just to be annoying in some cases.

Case in point: the people who call Minecraft “dead game.”

D

Deleted member

How has it been over a month since this thread?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey everyone, I'm going to leaving Smashboards soon today. I've already said my reasonings within a private conversation with my friends, and most of it is certainly personal for myself and my mental health.

I've had some nice memories on here, the site where I can share my devotion for Smash and where I first found some good dudes which I've been close with. You have no idea how grateful I am to have something like that, especially with my previous school life.

Take care, everyone!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
May be late to this Nintendo confesaion/hot take thing, but here are mine:

1. Never beat SMB1. However, that game kinda sucks nowadays.

2. Super Paper Mario isn't as good as people make it out to be. It gets put on a pedestal because if what came after it. Still a good game though.

2.5. Origami King will be regarded as one of the best in a few years down the line. The third best Imo.

3. Kirby is a mid tier franchise. Also, Kirby lore is handled badly.

4. Pokemon hasn't just now "gotten greedy". They've always been like this, they could have gotten rid if the dual versions and the definitive third verion a long time ago if they really wanted to, but they didn't. Why? Because money.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Late Night Nintendo Guilty Confessions, GO!:

1# I hate how the main competitive format in Pokemon is Doubles. I don't have anything really against Doubles personally, but when 95% of the game is focused on singles, and your entire actual comp scene is built around something you rarely even encounter in-game, not a fan of it. That, and I just don't like the fact that a lot of movesets are just "3 Moves+Protect."

2# It's been soo long since I played Super Mario 64 that I completely forgot that the first Water level was called Jolly Roger's Bay. I legitimately thought it was called Dire, Dire Docks because the song is called Dire, Dire Docks.

3# Origami King is a good game. It's not the Paper Mario I wanted, but it's a good game in its own right.
So we are doing this, huh?

1) I prefer Starfox Assault over 64 largely due to the latter doesn't allow saving in the middle of a run (not counting the 3DS remake.)

2) I can't count BotW as a Zelda game due to all of the changes to the Zelda formula. Also actual voice acting should not be a Zelda game.

3) I will never love Ocarina of Time because my parents thought it was an educational game and forced me and my brother to play OoT after playing a hour of any other N64 games we had at the time.

D

Deleted member

wouldn't the strength buff be better?
It would help, but resistance would mean that Goku would never be able to hurt Steve, like ever. If Steve has Resistance V or more, then Steve is invincible. The reason why I posted 4 is because the game counts like that in terms of command potion effects.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey everyone, I'm going to leaving Smashboards soon today. I've already said my reasonings within a private conversation with my friends, and most of it is certainly personal for myself and my mental health.

I've had some nice memories on here, the site where I can share my devotion for Smash and where I first found some good dudes which I've been close with. You have no idea how grateful I am to have something like that, especially with my previous school life.

Take care, everyone!

Don't know what's exactly caused this, but wherever you go, I hope it be fun and that you always be welcome back here if you ever change your mind. Even if not, I hope you the best, pal.
samus thumb up.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So anyone who was wanting Kiryu in Smash. Your luck has probably run out.

D

Deleted member

2) I can't count BotW as a Zelda game due to all of the changes to the Zelda formula. Also actual voice acting should not be a Zelda game.
Oh now THIS is a spicy take. :p

Although I have to disagree on the first bit. The zelda formula, all things considered, has been pretty stale for a long time. If sticking to the tried and true is what makes a game part of a series, then that's some pretty tight criteria, especially when innovation is exactly what BOTW was trying to do: go back to the basics and rethink EVERYTHING, even to the point of asking "what makes Zelda.. well Zelda?"

Do agree on voice acting. The acting isn't bad or anything but it feels a bit weird when for most of the game all the npcs don't really have audible dialogue: just generic "talking" sfx.

D

Deleted member

Take care, everyone!

Take care! I wish you the best of luck!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh now THIS is a spicy take. :p

Although I have to disagree on the first bit. The zelda formula, all things considered, has been pretty stale for a long time. If sticking to the tried and true is what makes a game part of a series, then that's some pretty tight criteria, especially when innovation is exactly what BOTW was trying to do: go back to the basics and rethink EVERYTHING, even to the point of asking "what makes Zelda.. well Zelda?"

Do agree on voice acting. The acting isn't bad or anything but it feels a bit weird when for most of the game all the npcs don't really have audible dialogue: just generic "talking" sfx.
To be fair, which game does have full voice acting for every single NPC? It's both expensive and unnecessary.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like some upcoming characters for PMEX Remix will include the polar bear from Ice Climber and Doom Guy.

When they'll come I don't know.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Pikmin 4 will be released at some point?

Metroid Prime 4 must be an intense game, because it is taking them quite a while.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My hot take time (as in relatively popular to actual spice)
-Skyward sword is a top 3 Zelda game
-F-ZERO and Star Fox are only wanted because we haven't had one in a while
-Starfox Adventures, Hey Pikmin! and Federation Force were only hated because it wasn't exactly what the fans wanted
-People need to let MOTHER go, Mother 3 has a low chance of being localized and Itoi himself said that the series is finished
-SwSh are very good Pokemon games
-Zelda 1 is the worst non CDI Zelda game
-All paper mario games (except for Sticker Star) are good
-The Mii games along with Kid Icarus Uprising, are some of the best games Nintendo has ever developed
-Fire Emblem Fates was good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just heard that Ash and Steve left the channel.

Apparantly Andre is cool with it on Twitter, but still, what is going on?
sometimes you just wanna pursue greater things and andre is chill with still doing gamexplain

unless there's some big awesome-channel-scandal tier thing hiding in the shadows
This is fair but four people leaving a channel they’ve been on for like 5 years all at once is a really weird thing.

Not to mention they all already failed to stand out in their own channels previously. That’s why they stayed with GX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom