• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been a while since I’ve worked on this guy as well as this project in general. You may need light mode to see his limbs.
Think I’ve settled on the accessories and now I need to figure out his colors and name.

Tagging Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and Z25 Z25 here
They are looking really damn good! I’ll think over some names for them and let you know, colors too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok so...Titans is now getting my attention fully. Took a few episodes, but it's working

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What the hell is happening at Gamexplain that everyone is leaving but Andre? A lot of people seem to think Andre is an ass so I wonder if something went down.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What the hell is happening at Gamexplain that everyone is leaving but Andre? A lot of people seem to think Andre is an ass so I wonder if something went down.
Just heard that Ash and Steve left the channel.

Apparantly Andre is cool with it on Twitter, but still, what is going on?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just heard that Ash and Steve left the channel.

Apparantly Andre is cool with it on Twitter, but still, what is going on?
sometimes you just wanna pursue greater things and andre is chill with still doing gamexplain

unless there's some big awesome-channel-scandal tier thing hiding in the shadows

D

Deleted member

One thing I must say. I'm going to do a magic trick. My second thing I must say is be prepared, this is a pretty interesting one! Here is my trick:

This post will end after I count to three.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
One thing I must say. I'm going to do a magic trick. My second thing I must say is be prepared, this is a pretty interesting one! Here is my trick:

This post will end after I count to three.
That one is great! I too have a magic trick involving 3 and other numbers, I hope you're ready for it!

This post will end after I count to five.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Shroob

Sup?
I see. They could very easily put out another expansion pass. Although I’m still very disappointed that there are so many Pokémon in the game that aren’t actually listed on the Dex.
They 'could', but it'd be weird to have a "Definitive edition" coming out when there'd still be more dlc in the works. Pretty sure that "Definitive editions" are supposed to be the "Complete" game.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have gotten no sleep.

Don't be like me and procrastinate on work.
I'm currently seeking work since student jobs will be out of commission until January, and a man really needs that rent money cause U.S. healthcare is expensive if you remember me catching COVID. actually my hospital visit was insured but the ambulance was 700 dollas. Don't wanna mooch off my mom at all if possible, but I'm gonna have to take a loan from her probably and then pay her back whenever I catch a new job. Might also file for unemployment but I doubt I'll get benefits.

Shroob

Sup?
Late Night Nintendo Guilty Confessions, GO!:

1# I hate how the main competitive format in Pokemon is Doubles. I don't have anything really against Doubles personally, but when 95% of the game is focused on singles, and your entire actual comp scene is built around something you rarely even encounter in-game, not a fan of it. That, and I just don't like the fact that a lot of movesets are just "3 Moves+Protect."

2# It's been soo long since I played Super Mario 64 that I completely forgot that the first Water level was called Jolly Roger's Bay. I legitimately thought it was called Dire, Dire Docks because the song is called Dire, Dire Docks.

3# Origami King is a good game. It's not the Paper Mario I wanted, but it's a good game in its own right.

D

Deleted member

1# I hate how the main competitive format in Pokemon is Doubles. I don't have anything really against Doubles personally, but when 95% of the game is focused on singles, and your entire actual comp scene is built around something you rarely even encounter in-game, not a fan of it. That, and I just don't like the fact that a lot of movesets are just "3 Moves+Protect."

2# It's been soo long since I played Super Mario 64 that I completely forgot that the first Water level was called Jolly Roger's Bay. I legitimately thought it was called Dire, Dire Docks because the song is called Dire, Dire Docks.

3# Origami King is a good game. It's not the Paper Mario I wanted, but it's a good game in its own right.
Don't feel guilty about these, my friend.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman

The second water level in SM64 is actually called Dire, Dire Docks.

Origami King was fun. Got towards the end and stopped though just because I started playing other games. Will come back to it. It was the first Paper Mario I really got far in.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Guess I’ll have a crack at this.

#1 I can see why Mario 64 was appreciated back in it’s day, but man the game bores me. Maybe I’m spoiled, with more modern titles, I dunno.

#2 I bought Breath Of The Wild the day the Switch released and I still haven’t beaten it yet.

#3 Brawl isn‘t as bad as people make it out to be in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

#3 Brawl isn‘t as bad as people make it out to be in my opinion.
I think Brawl has an issue with how the characters function, so fighting can be pretty floaty and unfun. This is mainly why people complain about the game. I mean this was the game that added tripping, and it was so dumb, they removed it in Smash 4.

But I think at least most people can agree the singleplayer content was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think Brawl has an issue with how the characters function, so fighting can be pretty floaty and unfun. This is mainly why people complain about the game. I mean this was the game that added tripping, and it was so dumb, they removed it in Smash 4.

But I think at least most people can agree the singleplayer content was amazing.
Oh yeah I’m not saying Brawl is the second coming of Christ or anything, but I do think it gets a bit too much crap.

But yeah tripping is dumb.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nintendo confessions?

#1: I think the Mother series is boring.

#2: Breath of the Wild is great but I don't think it's the best Zelda game by a long shot.

#3: I think Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the only truly "great" FE game.

D

Deleted member

hmmmmm...

1: I actually kinda liked the Wii U over the Wii a bit, if nothing else for the touchscreen and gamepad. Was a pretty neat gimmick overshadowed by the build quality and inherent flaws. The Switch is basically everything I liked about the U but better though.

2: I unironically like Mario Party 9(although I prefer 8 over any others, and 10 is just bad)

3: I've never actually finished a main Mario game. Always get either bored or stuck somewhere.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

More like early morning now but whatever

1# I just finished the Pikmin 3 demo and am hooked.
2# The Mario platformers are fun to play, but not.... well.... anything else.
3# Smash becomes unfun to play when there’s a significant skill gap between you and your opponent.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1. I wish the consoles had more goddamn power to compete with other systems. I understand the motive of making fun games instead of visually appealing games, however, a lot of third-party games aren't able to be put on Switch either indefinitely or for years because of the limited hardware compared to competitors. And even then, it's clearly obvious that you'd usually pick the not-Switch version of certain games unless those games are either the superior and most updated version (NMH, DQ11), or the insane graphical drop isn't very important to you. I don't want to buy a PS5 just because it's the only ****ing way I can play Mortal Kombat and enjoy it, but look at me go. If you look at some of the big-hitting exclusives on the Switch, you'll find that 90% of them are cartoonish or are heavily cell-shaded to reduce the jarring comparisons, easiest examples are Zelda BoTW and No More Heores III. That's not a bad thing, but it's sad how that's typically the only way games on the Switch can shine without being easily compared to games where their realism category on the graphics department blows the out the water.

2. Despite the backlash of the last time they did it with its obvious stingy limited release and terrible collection games that are just a barebones collection of good games, I want a 3D All-Stars Zelda Collection, but I have no clue how it'll work. I know it's gonna be OoT/WW/TP and skipping out on MM, which I'm honestly fine with. I'm willing to see another salty flame war like how people cried about Galaxy 2 not being on the All-Stars list. I just want it on my Switch. But will it be the originals? The 3D/HD remasters? Who knows.

3. I was stuck on the Delfino Airstrip level of Super Mario Sunshine for 5 years because I never knew you had to run into FLUDD, nor did I ever know FLUDD was in the Plaza. I literally never ran into the goddamn thing and I never saw it either.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nintendo Confessions:

Captain Falcon is an overrated character especially in terms of honorary Smash character/mascot and the memes he spawns are annoying.

Melee is overrated.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guilty Nintendo Confession:

I lost interest in Nintendo due to King K. Rool not making the cut in Sm4sh but then due to his reveal in Ultimate, this sparked my inner childhood for Nintendo in me to get me into the games again. A decision I've since regretted and won't make again.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People who say Mario games are the best games of their systems seemingly refuse to play anything else, this is especially true among Nintendo fans now that I think about it, a while ago I saw someone say Kid Icarus Uprising is amazing and rightfully so, but he said Pit was "perhaps the deepest and most fleshed out character among Nintendo, no, among gaming itself." Like, nah. I also feel most of the hype for Nintendo's non Pokemon RPGs is like what lots of Persona 5 fans do, they claim it's the best JRPG to ever exist and turns out they don't actually play JRPGs outside of Pokemon

EDIT: Oh, and Rare's 64 games don't hold up today

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what I need? I need to play Hardcore Minecraft in 1.17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom