• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, on the flipside though, she's right up there alongside Samus Aran and Lara Croft as being one of THE biggest women in all of gaming. I kinda see her as a pretty obvious choice all things considered, Street Fighter's current representation be damned.

Imran's also said that apparently Monster Hunter was denied by the MH team but eh, I dunno about that claim.
They also denied the use in MvC3 but Capcom overrode it for Infinite.

And I KIND of agree with you about Chun... but I just.... I'd rather see some more stuff that's ENTIRELY new from New franchises.

Also for a second I thought you were talking about Min Min.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New Fire Emblem ain't out yet so they can add one.
Sakurai: Alright FE devs, time to release a new game so i csn shill it!
Fe Devs: but we just started working on it! it's barely left conceptual stages!
Sakurai: did i stutter, it better be released to the masses by this time tommorow

Shroob

Sup?

And I KIND of agree with you about Chun... but I just.... I'd rather see some more stuff that's ENTIRELY new from New franchises.

I mean, I get where you're coming from, it sucks that we could not get a new Capcom universe added

But at the same time, it's Chun Li, I literally cannot be upset. She's iconic as hell and kinda a huge icon for women in video games in general.

It's very much a

"I mean, I'd like something new, but I literally cannot be upset with what I'm getting".

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I def be down for Chun Li to be added, ngl! The first lady of fighting games!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I get where you're coming from, it sucks that we could not get a new Capcom universe added

But at the same time, it's Chun Li, I literally cannot be upset. She's iconic as hell and kinda a huge icon for women in video games in general.

It's very much a

"I mean, I'd like something new, but I literally cannot be upset with what I'm getting".
Wish I felt the same way. Maybe it's just because I also have no attachment to Chun-Li in Street Fighter either. Poison gang for life.

Shroob

Sup?
Wish I felt the same way. Maybe it's just because I also have no attachment to Chun-Li in Street Fighter either. Poison gang for life.
I mean, I don't either, but then I look at all the legacy she brings with her and how she was basically right up there with Samus and Lara as making women in games more than just damsels in distress and like, yeah she aight, she real aight with me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I don't either, but then I look at all the legacy she brings with her and how she was basically right up there with Samus and Lara as making women in games more than just damsels in distress and like, yeah she aight, she real aight with me.
I'd rather they just do Lara instead TBH

Shroob

Sup?
I know. I just... I am really blah about the idea of Chun-Li

Also, side note, would really be nice to have had announced a collaborative action game between Mario and Sonic for the 35th and 30th anniversaries.
I mean, like I said, the leak ain't confirmed, it's just really, really ****ing weird how its gotten everything right so far. I just don't think Chun Li is anything to get upset over, ya know. I'm not to big on her myself since I'm not big on traditional fighting games, but I also can look past that because "Oh, she's a big icon for women in general."

To me, it ain't about her, it's her legacy she brings with her.

D

Deleted member

It's the design that was noted for a Spanish release in Mexico, but that makes a lot of sense. Maybe it was nothing more than a romhack. Do you know what the general boxart for the iQue releases look like? Since that's the thing I read a while back.
Can't really fina a good quality pic at 5am, but iQue games were distributed digitally, either via stations or, later on, your home PC. In general though, boxes for the iQue were vertical, like Japanese N64 boxes.

But honestly, there's really no way that Quest 64 thing is legit. For one, iQue is only in China and replaces the Nintendo branding (it was actually still going on during the early 3DS days, not sure about nowadays), no reason Mexico would have anything to do with that, as it was specifically made for the Chinese market.

Another thing that points against it, is quite literally the box itself. It says "Nintendo 64" instead of anything iQue branded (the Chinese "N64", so to say, was called the iQue Player in full). And by extension, there's no way the game would've also kept its name in this case, considering "Quest 64" wouldn't make any sense anymore, as it would not be a Nintendo 64 game at that point. Every other game also dropped the 64 from their title. Random fun fact, Star Fox 64 3D actually kept the "64" when released, it kinda slipped through the cracks. Neither the original nor Mario 64 DS had it in their title.

Well, and lastly, another thing that points against it being iQue related is the simple fact that Quest 64 (and its many names) is not a first party title. Only they were ever released for iQue systems.

I should mention that I'm talking about mainland China here. Other places like Hong Kong might've been more lax, but that's not a rabbit hole I wanna go down at 5am. In fact the whole early days of video game distribution in Asia is quite a fascinating mess, a mess which still has an impact to this day in those regions. Like, for example, South Korea was also very strict. But that's not for here and now.

In short, that box art is very likely fake or just a mock-up. And in the very slight chance it's real, it has absolutely nothing to do with the iQue.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, like I said, the leak ain't confirmed, it's just really, really ****ing weird how its gotten everything right so far. I just don't think Chun Li is anything to get upset over, ya know. I'm not to big on her myself since I'm not big on traditional fighting games, but I also can look past that because "Oh, she's a big icon for women in general."

To me, it ain't about her, it's her legacy she brings with her.
I can't get behind that legacy tbh. Mainly because as far as Street Fighter characters go she is just so boooooring. She's like... generic Martial Artist to the nth degree.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
man I just want another Sonic or Persona rep...mainly from 5

Violet or Loki in Smash? Eggman in Smash? Sega gonna need to gimmie a 4th rep before I feel accepting of Capcom getting one
But at what cost?

The cost was the quality of what made it Spongebob.
the cost was them making more money and getting away with millions still finding things to enjoy about the show, letting them get away with spin-off shows in the process
The lack of a first party anti-climax is also a little suspicious, IMO.

Edit: Then again Bayo was the last of smash 4, so anything’s possible.
Bayonetta was extremely hype ass reveal tho...funny how most people only realized it was her cause of her ass and then the music (Etika for example)
Don't worry, none of the Fire emblem characters will leave.
Amen to that...now make Lyn and Ferdinand Von Aegir playable in Smash Ultimate

Shroob

Sup?
I can't get behind that legacy tbh. Mainly because as far as Street Fighter characters go she is just so boooooring. She's like... generic Martial Artist to the nth degree.
I mean, so are Ryu and Ken lol. Someone interesting would be someone like Blanka, Dhalism, or M.Bison, but Chun's basically Ms.Fighting game, she gets in more crossovers than Ken does.

I guess Chun to you is Sephiroth to me. I like Sephiroth, but there's other Square characters I'd rather have, but at the same time, I can look past my own bias and see the legacy he has with him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, so are Ryu and Ken lol. Someone interesting would be someone like Blanka, Dhalism, or M.Bison, but Chun's basically Ms.Fighting game, she gets in more crossovers than Ken does.

I guess Chun to you is Sephiroth to me. I like Sephiroth, but there's other Square characters I'd rather have, but at the same time, I can look past my own bias and see the legacy he has with him.
I suppose.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can't really fina a good quality pic at 5am, but iQue games were distributed digitally, either via stations or, later on, your home PC. In general though, boxes for the iQue were vertical, like Japanese N64 boxes.

But honestly, there's really no way that Quest 64 thing is legit. For one, iQue is only in China and replaces the Nintendo branding (it was actually still going on during the early 3DS days, not sure about nowadays), no reason Mexico would have anything to do with that, as it was specifically made for the Chinese market.

Another thing that points against it, is quite literally the box itself. It says "Nintendo 64" instead of anything iQue branded (the Chinese "N64", so to say, was called the iQue Player in full). And by extension, there's no way the game would've also kept its name in this case, considering "Quest 64" wouldn't make any sense anymore, as it would not be a Nintendo 64 game at that point. Every other game also dropped the 64 from their title. Random fun fact, Star Fox 64 3D actually kept the "64" when released, it kinda slipped through the cracks. Neither the original nor Mario 64 DS had it in their title.

Well, and lastly, another thing that points against it being iQue related is the simple fact that Quest 64 (and its many names) is not a first party title. Only they were ever released for iQue systems.

I should mention that I'm talking about mainland China here. Other places like Hong Kong might've been more lax, but that's not a rabbit hole I wanna go down at 5am. In fact the whole early days of video game distribution in Asia is quite a fascinating mess, a mess which still has an impact to this day in those regions. Like, for example, South Korea was also very strict. But that's not for here and now.

In short, that box art is very likely fake or just a mock-up. And in the very slight chance it's real, it has absolutely nothing to do with the iQue.
Ah, thank you.

I know I heard about some handheld N64's fanmade. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a mock-up or the boxart only for something in Mexico.

But yeah, probably just a romhack, not even a bootleg. Which explains why I can't find any physical copies listed at any point. I think all I can do now to hard confirm is talk to someone from Mexico. It's definitely not iQue, then.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My biggest issue with Chun-Li has nothing to do with Chun-Li herself, My issue comes with the Challenger pack, You absolutely can make a decent size pack with new content like Spirits music and a stage. But unlike with Sephiroth, Byleth and Arms There is no large obvious gap in content. Music is the only one that I can think of that has a noticeable missing section (Non SFII Music) but there are a healthy amount of spirits.

There was 0 Three houses content (although literally how would they have had stuff before Byleth came out)

There was an unfortunate lack of Content for FFVII so Sephiroth's pack essentially rectified what was missed in Base game

There was only like 5 Arms spirits and an assist, No music or stages so it felt like Min Min was to rectify that.

Street fighter is one of the better represented Third Parties so there is no content that needs too much rectifying and there isn't a large piece of Street Fighter content that was unrepresented.

Shroob

Sup?
My biggest issue with Chun-Li has nothing to do with Chun-Li herself, My issue comes with the Challenger pack, You absolutely can make a decent size pack with new content like Spirits music and a stage. But unlike with Sephiroth, Byleth and Arms There is no large obvious gap in content. Music is the only one that I can think of that has a noticeable missing section (Non SFII Music) but there are a healthy amount of spirits.

There was 0 Three houses content (although literally how would they have had stuff before Byleth came out)

There was an unfortunate lack of Content for FFVII so Sephiroth's pack essentially rectified what was missed in Base game

There was only like 5 Arms spirits and an assist, No music or stages so it felt like Min Min was to rectify that.

Street fighter is one of the better represented Third Parties so there is no content that needs too much rectifying and there isn't a large piece of Street Fighter content that was unrepresented.
3, 4 and 5 got like no spirits.

There's 2 SF3 spirits total and how many SF4 spirits are there, Juri and who else? SF5 has absolutely nothing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
man I just want another Sonic or Persona rep...mainly from 5

Violet or Loki in Smash? Eggman in Smash? Sega gonna need to gimmie a 4th rep before I feel accepting of Capcom getting one

the cost was them making more money and getting away with millions still finding things to enjoy about the show, letting them get away with spin-off shows in the process

Bayonetta was extremely hype ass reveal tho...funny how most people only realized it was her cause of her ass and then the music (Etika for example)

Amen to that...now make Lyn and Ferdinand Von Aegir playable in Smash Ultimate
I would rather have Persona 4 getting a character.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I feel like Sakurai would be the man to want to honor the wishes of the MH team with the way they want their franchise represented. Also, this isn't a Capcom fighting game, it's a Nintendo one, Capcom just can't override those wishes and force their will here.

Personally? I'm seeing star power for Crash, Lloyd getting that invite, and Hayabusa being the last.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

There isn't any music from Alpha/3/4/5, but I think that happened because SF2 is SF2.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just playing Left 4 Dead 1 for the first time. (I played the sequel long time ago on Xbox 360, but little bit of it.)
(I'm up to the Subway on No Mercy.)
Edit: Finished the No Mercy campaign.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
3, 4 and 5 got like no spirits.

There's 2 SF3 spirits total and how many SF4 spirits are there, Juri and who else? SF5 has absolutely nothing.
Okay I should really fact check more often because this is making me look like a 🤡

I still maintain the fact that it seems like Capcom only wanted to represent SFII and the other content that they could bring just seems to scattered and unfocused to create a really solid Challenger Pack.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay I should really fact check more often because this is making me look like a 🤡

I still maintain the fact that it seems like Capcom only wanted to represent SFII and the other content that they could bring just seems to scattered and unfocused to create a really solid Challenger Pack.
SF3 baby, which has like 2 spirits.

Considering Sakurai loves referencing the Daigo Parry, hell, Ken does the Parry pose from SF3 before he does his kick FS, I feel like Chun would mainly pull from SF3.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
No doubt I'd prefer several other characters over Chun-Li but if you really think about it, she's a character that just seems to make so much sense to be added into Smash. Like if she was added and in hindsight you think of her inclusion you'd probably think 'should've seen it coming'

Like besides this leak, she's one character people wouldn't really expect considering we already have Ryuken in the game but adding another Street Fighter character with a new stage and music feels like almost a no-brainer if you really think about it and out of all the characters it would pretty much be her as the 'next in line' unless they push for Bison considering this so-called villains theme going on. Capcom's been pretty generous with content in Smash in general, snd while most peeps would prefer a character from other games like Dante or Phoenix another Street Fighter character shouldn't be slept on either. Especially since with Sephiroth being added into the game means Sakurai's willing to double dip into already represented games.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

But we need rashido.

Shroob

Sup?
EDIT: Delete I don't words good
I mean, just to add to your original post, but one of the challenges in the current playable version of 3rd Strike is to literally pull off the Daigo Parry on your own.

Considering it's one of, if not, the most iconic moment in all of the FGC, I think Capcom'd be fine with it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh ho ho... the mini DIY workbenches was the Fortune Item in Nook's Cranny today. Making and selling a bunch of those net me about 200k bells today. I moved a building, finished a loan, and bought a bunch of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom