• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Supposed test footage aside, why in the **** did Nickelodeon think it was a good idea to broadcast that clip? You'd think they would want to leave a good first impression.
Spongebob is their Mickey Mouse. Its most recognizable character and franchise as well as still most popular. It still sells.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cease your surprise. I barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning.
Fair enough.

I take it you don't recognize the game cover type, then.

Hopefully somebody does. Maybe somebody on here lives in Mexico and might know what that's about. If it's really an iQue thing or not, heh~

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m not exactly a stickler for Spongebob continuity, but how are you gonna have Sandy be a kid with the rest of the cast when we see Spongebob meet her for the first time in the show as an adult?
From what I see I think this is supposed to be a separate continuity.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Meh, they can do whatever they want with Spongebob for all I care.

The first three seasons are the only ones that matter anyway.
There’s a few good episodes in latter seasons here and there like Mimic Madness, Sand Castles in the Sand, Gary Come Home, etc. but yeah there’s way too much garbage polluting the Spongebob sea

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's a time in a place when a franchise just needs to end.

And Spongebob is one of those. It'd be doing Hillenburg a favor and giving him respect. Nick is just dragging a skeleton through the mud at this point with the series.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
meanwhile, on the Cyberpunk 2077 front once more... (possible language)

the investors, man

you never EVER piss off your investors EVER

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope y’all know Squidward and Patrick are also having spinoff shows. Squidward on Netflix and Patrick having a talk show

also I like the current episodes Spongebob has had. The references are nice and everyone but Patrick feels more likable

but more importantly...
how the barnacles did a sneak peak set over a year before the shows premiere end up looking better than a teaser set only months before the premiere?
There's a time in a place when a franchise just needs to end.

And Spongebob is one of those. It'd be doing Hillenburg a favor and giving him respect. Nick is just dragging a skeleton through the mud at this point with the series.
A skeleton that makes them tons of money still. You’d think they would attempt to make an original Nick product become just as big as Spongebob (not counting TMNT since ViacomCBS had to buy that franchise)
Hell, early Jimmy Neutron looks better than this
Jimmy Neutron always looked fabulous. A CGI series that somehow managed to stay looking fresh thanks to their art style

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Should have gone with the second one first.
Any reason why? I've only just started the first game (I have WAY too many RPGs in my backlog, so I haven't gotten around to focusing on it), but if there's a reason to play the second one first, I figure it couldn't hurt to know.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Any reason why? I've only just started the first game (I have WAY too many RPGs in my backlog, so I haven't gotten around to focusing on it), but if there's a reason to play the second one first, I figure it couldn't hurt to know.
You unlock stuff in the first game by beating the second one first.

Alsothey both take place at the same time but because all the major story beats happen in the first game it makes a bit more sense to do the second one since the smaller story beats happen there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A skeleton that makes them tons of money still. You’d think they would attempt to make an original Nick product become just as big as Spongebob (not counting TMNT since ViacomCBS had to buy that franchise)
But at what cost?

The cost was the quality of what made it Spongebob.

D

Deleted member

You unlock stuff in the first game by beating the second one first.

Alsothey both take place at the same time but because all the major story beats happen in the first game it makes a bit more sense to do the second one since the smaller story beats happen there
Personally I’m just gonna do them in order of releases date, MAYBE go for 100% but probably not. If nothing else I want to get all the Royal Knights because they’re some of my favorites.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If I get the Sonic Adventure games on Xbox One, is there any reason to upgrade to the DX/Battle versions? Like... do they do anything significant?
Um...DX gives you Mission Mode (which unlocks Game Gear games as you complete it) and Metal Sonic as an unlockable character if you collect all emblems, although he's really just a reskinned Sonic.

Upgrading to Battle for SA2 gives you more options for...well, Battle mode, and I think it adds a few more Chao mini games and emblems to collect.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Um...DX gives you Mission Mode (which unlocks Game Gear games as you complete it) and Metal Sonic as an unlockable character if you collect all emblems, although he's.really just a reskinned Sonic.

Upgrading to Battle for SA2 gives you more options for...well, Battle mode, and I think it adds a few more Chao mini games and emblems to collect.
I read that the game gear games were scrapped from the HD ports though.

Shroob

Sup?
So anyway, with the PotD coming to a close in the soon-ish future(Not anytime TOO soon, since Sakurai still has over 100 left, but decently soon I'd wager), I'm 100% on board with FP2 being the end of the DLC lol.

When Sakurai mentions things "Slowing down", then ya know things are finally in the home stretch.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If I get the Sonic Adventure games on Xbox One, is there any reason to upgrade to the DX/Battle versions? Like... do they do anything significant?
Speaking as one who owns the different ones, they do have more playable characters overall. Metal Sonic is an unlockable skin for Sonic, with slightly modified animations and no voice. Battle has some neat multiplayer options too. Though I forget how many were in the original and only in Battle.

I'd argue the upgrades having more content is worth it. I don't think there's any core gameplay differences otherwise. Though do note there's a few secret cutscenes that are different between 2 and Battle, since DX was released after Battle and all. Also, DX has more cameos like Cream the Rabbit and a few Sonic X stuff.

I don't remember much that's functionally different beyond new unlockables, though. I'm pretty sure regular 2 has a proper Chao Garden either way. As in, they actually respond to your petting, etc. It's a janky thing in Adventure 1 and DX. If it's janky in regular 2, absolutely get Battle. You want the best controls, after all.

I can't say how much is correct for the HD ports. I suggest looking it up as well, especially if there's a lack of Game Gear games. That's a really awesome feature from DX.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So gonna start playing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night tomorrow perhaps on my PS4. If not tomorrow certainly sometime in the beginning of the New Year.

Anything I should honestly expect before playing?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I read that the game gear games were scrapped from the HD ports though.
Oh, okay.

I have the GameCube version and haven't bothered with the HD release yet, so I didn't know that. If you don't care about completing tedious missions or unlocking another Sonic, then no, DX isn't really worth upgrading to.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So anyway, with the PotD coming to a close in the soon-ish future(Not anytime TOO soon, since Sakurai still has over 100 left, but decently soon I'd wager), I'm 100% on board with FP2 being the end of the DLC lol.

When Sakurai mentions things "Slowing down", then ya know things are finally in the home stretch.
I got Persona content and Final fantasy got the respect it deserves, i'm fine with the game ending as is lol

D

Deleted member

Well, just found out there actually exists a working prototype of Kirby's Dreamland (Twinkle Popo) and it's in the hands of a hoarder. Can't wait for the rom to die, causing it to be lost forever. Same with Panel de Pon 64, which was found in summer.

Well, not much you can do, though I'm admittedly bitter about PdP64, considering the dude was all like "of course it's gonna get released" only to then go radio silent when trustworthy people offered help. Being a hoarder is one thing, but leading people on just to advertise your channel is pretty scummy.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I don't have it in me to speculate for another year or two after this pass ends so that's fine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom