• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So anyway, with the PotD coming to a close in the soon-ish future(Not anytime TOO soon, since Sakurai still has over 100 left, but decently soon I'd wager), I'm 100% on board with FP2 being the end of the DLC lol.

When Sakurai mentions things "Slowing down", then ya know things are finally in the home stretch.
Bro **** extra characters.

How am I gonna live without Sakurai’s POTD? 🥺

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So anyway, with the PotD coming to a close in the soon-ish future(Not anytime TOO soon, since Sakurai still has over 100 left, but decently soon I'd wager), I'm 100% on board with FP2 being the end of the DLC lol.

When Sakurai mentions things "Slowing down", then ya know things are finally in the home stretch.
I hope my wants will get in... but that’s not happening so I’ma just watch from the sidelines :4duckhunt:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

IIRC, he did mention development winding up/slowing down when discussing development of the first pass. Talked about the team gradually getting smaller and smaller.

Shroob

Sup?
Next March (which is coming sooner than it feels) will be the third year of nonstop Smash Ultimate speculation.

That’s wild.

I’m ready for this **** to end.
Funniest **** is the 2/3rds of what's left may actually have been leaked like 10 days after the game came out.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
AI Dungeon is going paid on New Years. Before then, i'd like to make another big batch of AI-Generated movesets, i feel like it's been long enough for them to be interesting again. Any suggestions for who i should do?

Here's an example of an AI made moveset.

D

Deleted member

And now I found out about Red Canyon 5 in Kirby's Dreamland 2. What the hell, HAL? I played this game a ton and never noticed.

And all because I got curious about Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth 's weird cover art. No luck on that front, by the way. I'm to 99% sure it's just a mockup/fan made cover for a clamshell design, because collector's like to replace the cardboard boxes with the more sturdy plastic ones.

Noipoi

Howdy!
AI Dungeon is going paid on New Years. Before then, i'd like to make another big batch of AI-Generated movesets, i feel like it's been long enough for them to be interesting again. Any suggestions for who i should do?

Here's an example of an AI made moveset.
AiAi from Monkeyball

Shroob

Sup?
What are you referring to?
Lamp, you've been in the Newcomer thread, you've surely seen it by now lol, but if not...
View attachment 297481

Imma need details, bro.
tl;dr:

10~ days after the game came out, a post on 5ch(basically Japanese 4chan) was posted anonymously. Mentioned that Erdrick, Sephiroth, Steve and the Geno Mii costume were missing from the released game, while also saying that Chun Li was apparently replaced by Ken due to time constraints and that a Tales of character had been negotiated for.

Erdrick, Steve, Sephiroth and the Geno Mii costumes later, and we're suddenly still missing 2 Capcom costumes mysteriously, with March being a prime time to release them due to Rise(And, funnily enough, SF2's 30th anniversary), and Lloyd's Mii costume is still MIA).

The disturbing thing about this leak is that its just gotten nothing wrong yet in 2 years, and things are kinda lining up for it to be very, very right.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And now I found out about Red Canyon 5 in Kirby's Dreamland 2. What the hell, HAL? I played this game a ton and never noticed.

And all because I got curious about Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth 's weird cover art. No luck on that front, by the way. I'm to 99% sure it's just a mockup/fan made cover for a clamshell design, because collector's like to replace the cardboard boxes with the more sturdy plastic ones.
It's the design that was noted for a Spanish release in Mexico, but that makes a lot of sense. Maybe it was nothing more than a romhack. Do you know what the general boxart for the iQue releases look like? Since that's the thing I read a while back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

No. Smash must go on. Keep going. Until the Star Warrior arrives

Noipoi

Howdy!
No. Smash must go on. Keep going. Until the Star Warrior arrives
Kirby’s been here since 64 bruh
Lamp, you've been in the Newcomer thread, you've surely seen it by now lol, but if not...

tl;dr:

10~ days after the game came out, a post on 5ch(basically Japanese 4chan) was posted anonymously. Mentioned that Erdrick, Sephiroth, Steve and the Geno Mii costume were missing from the released game, while also saying that Chun Li was apparently replaced by Ken due to time constraints and that a Tales of character had been negotiated for.

Erdrick, Steve, Sephiroth and the Geno Mii costumes later, and we're suddenly still missing 2 Capcom costumes mysteriously, with March being a prime time to release them due to Rise(And, funnily enough, SF2's 30th anniversary), and Lloyd's Mii costume is still MIA).

The disturbing thing about this leak is that its just gotten nothing wrong yet in 2 years, and things are kinda lining up for it to be very, very right.
So Monster Hunter, Lloyd and an unknown fighter 11?

Nothing that personally appeals to me, but they seem interesting. I wouldn’t be upset. And there’s still a chance for one of my guys to be the last one.

Let’s see how this plays out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All good things come to and end.
In all seriousness, the only thing I think it's reasonable... not to expect, just to ask for, is for 4 bonus characters to fill in those 4 extra slots in the code. 4 characters that don't come with stages and only a small handfull of music and a small handful of spirits delivered through an event rather then the DLC spirit board. So I think that's actually happening? Probably not. But that's the most reasonable thing to ask for.

Shroob

Sup?
Mate, there were like three different leaks floating around in there these past few weeks. It's hard to keep up with that **** lol.
Chun Leak/Dropped Deals as it's called, it's basically the only leak that people are giving actual attention to since it's kinda impossible to debunk until the next character shows up.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
my primary hobby for the past three years is speculating on who will be in super smash bros. i, no doubt, have more than triple the hours on this site than i do the actual game.

i genuinely don't know what i'll do once it's over.

Shroob

Sup?
Kirby’s been here since 64 bruh

So Monster Hunter, Lloyd and an unknown fighter 11?

Nothing that personally appeals to me, but they seem interesting. I wouldn’t be upset. And there’s still a chance for one of my guys to be the last one.

Let’s see how this plays out.
Nah, this would be more likely Chun Li. The DLC, if this leak is true, is very much a "Going back to things we got in the past and using them. We know that Steve took upwards of 5 years to negotiate for according to Mojang themselves, and Sephiroth was apparently in talks for a loooong time. If they have the rights for Chun Li, it'd probably be her. Also, I really doubt it'd be Lloyd, probably Yuri(No, not THAT kinda Yuri).

Shroob

Sup?
another namco character and the potential for Crash Bandicoot? YES!
I'm 50/50 on Crash.

There's nothing really supporting him, like, at all. The only thing that is is supposedly that leaked document which CONVENIENTLY no one is willing to leak to prove its legitimacy. I'd be down for it, but if the pass really is Chun Li/Tales of/X, I'd put it in a 3 way split between:

Crash OR Ryu Hayabusa due to Verg OR a Nintendo promotional pick

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Chun Leak/Dropped Deals as it's called, it's basically the only leak that people are giving actual attention to since it's kinda impossible to debunk until the next character shows up.
I'm skeptical but man, Chun-Li would be a great pick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm 50/50 on Crash.

There's nothing really supporting him, like, at all. The only thing that is is supposedly that leaked document which CONVENIENTLY no one is willing to leak to prove its legitimacy. I'd be down for it, but if the pass really is Chun Li/Tales of/X, I'd put it in a 3 way split between:

Crash OR Ryu Hayabusa due to Verg OR a Nintendo promotional pick
I don't know. Crash just feels like a prefect fit for Smash. And like... it's kind of weird that this pass is really lacking in mascot characters and has for the most part just human characters. They gotta have at least one. That kind of character is what Smash was BUILT around.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm skeptical but man, Chun-Li would be a great pick.
The only reason it raises my eyebrow is just due to how old it is.

It came out barely a week after the game launched and for all intents and purposes, everything its said has come true. There's definitely lucky coincidences sure, but things are 100% lining up for it to hit an absolute home run.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't know. Crash just feels like a prefect fit for Smash. And like... it's kind of weird that this pass is really lacking in mascot characters and has for the most part just human characters. They gotta have at least one. That kind of character is what Smash was BUILT around.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% in support of more cartoony mascots over more realistic humanoids. But Steve is definitely a mascot character. Don’t try and deny it, you know it’s true.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of the FMA Brotherhood game template I came up with while I was bored, here's an example of a few stats I came up with. Yes, they aren't necessarily matching every character on the dot because there's gotta be character balance:

1609126160466.png

1609126186267.png

1609126230289.png

1609126272710.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% in support of more cartoony mascots over more realistic humanoids. But Steve is definitely a mascot character. Don’t try and deny it, you know it’s true.
You know what I meant to imply. But i also just blanked on Steve so I apologize. Can you blame me for forgetting he's even in the game with how much I hate the character? Better to forget then to spend all of my time stewing about it.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like if Crash is getting in, it'll be E3 or bust for him.

Everyone worth their salt is kinda expecting a Capcom character next due to, oddly, March being a VERY Capcom centric month(MH Rise and Street Fighter 2's 30th anniversary), so Capcom has a lot of eyes on it.

I could see a June E3 dual reveal of Crash and the Tales of character, if this is true, calling back to E3 2018, but I'm skeptical as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like if Crash is getting in, it'll be E3 or bust for him.

Everyone worth their salt is kinda expecting a Capcom character next due to, oddly, March being a VERY Capcom centric month(MH Rise and Street Fighter 2's 30th anniversary), so Capcom has a lot of eyes on it.

I could see a June E3 dual reveal of Crash and the Tales of character, if this is true, calling back to E3 2018, but I'm skeptical as well.
That sounds like a decent plan. If a Capcom character IS getting in, I hope it's either someone REALLY unexpected or a Monster Hunter fighter. I love Chun-Li. But Street Fighter has plenty in the game already.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The lack of a first party anti-climax is also a little suspicious, IMO.

Edit: Then again Bayo was the last of smash 4, so anything’s possible.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That sounds like a decent plan. If a Capcom character IS getting in, I hope it's either someone REALLY unexpected or a Monster Hunter fighter. I love Chun-Li. But Street Fighter has plenty in the game already.
I mean, on the flipside though, she's right up there alongside Samus Aran and Lara Croft as being one of THE biggest women in all of gaming. I kinda see her as a pretty obvious choice all things considered, Street Fighter's current representation be damned.

Imran's also said that apparently Monster Hunter was denied by the MH team but eh, I dunno about that claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom