• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, I haven't heard Pokemon Stadium 2 in a long while. I used to play it with friends, but it was only for the minigames.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
One of the games at the gaming convention that has a tournament is Pokémon Stadium 2, but they didn't specify what way exactly.

Don't know if it's battle, if transfer pack games are allowed, or if it's just the minigames.
It's secretly SSBU in disguise. Everyone was going to play on Pokemon Stadium 2, might as well call it that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Greetings my fellow ‘Muricans.

I hope you all had a happy Independence Day! Let us hope our country can improve, and hope we all have a bright future.

And for those outside the USA, I hope the same for you, and that you have had a great day regardless of whether it’s a holiday!

May you all be blessed with fireworks, hotdogs, burgers, beer…all that cool ‘Murica stuff.

I recommend not drinking beer though, it’s bad for your kidneys. Don’t let alcoholic beverages punch your kidneys, my dudes. Or do, I won’t stop you, not my kidneys afterall, maybe your kidneys deserved it after smack talking you, idk. Can kidneys do that? Probably not, but how am I supposed to know, I’m not a surgeon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IS gave Seth an alt, only for him to immediately have to compete against Xander and Dimitri who are brand new extremely tier units:

They still gotta do him dirty. The Nifil alt is funny though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
T-That's impossible!

It can't be!

A Pixar film based on a movie that started it all that flopped!?

What has this world come to!? Pigs are starting to fly!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I had to take a swing, Lightyear flopped because of horrible timing. Prices are rising, and families are gonna be more conservative with their spending. Lightyear got sandwiched in between Jurrassic World, Top Gun, and Minions; all 3 of which recieved much better marketing, and Minions just seemed like the better family movie over all. Doesn't help that Disney+ exists and the last 3 Pixar movies are all there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I had to take a swing, Lightyear flopped because of horrible timing. Prices are rising, and families are gonna be more conservative with their spending. Lightyear got sandwiched in between Jurrassic World, Top Gun, and Minions; all 3 of which recieved much better marketing, and Minions just seemed like the better family movie over all. Doesn't help that Disney+ exists and the last 3 Pixar movies are all there.
B-bu-but.

Disney.

Pixar.

Nothing can ever compete with them!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You're gonna have to elaborate on this one because they're the same company
As in back then Disney was a better company, not as corrupt and greedy as they are now absorbing everything they can into their mighty empire (Fox, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.).

Any companies they touch they tend to pretty much destroy in the process.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
On the topic of companies, Warner Bros Discovery pulled a bunch of content from HBO Max on July 1 with no warning.

This includes shows such as Final Space, Snowpiercer, and the Last O.G. along with a bunch of originals, including original films such as Superintelligence.

Point is that content creators are cool, it's usually the higher ups that aren't cool.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As in back then Disney was a better company, not as corrupt and greedy as they are now absorbing everything they can into their mighty empire (Fox, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.).

You're right, Disney was nowhere near as greedy back then don't look at their history on copyright laws

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I sure hope Disney didn't have a CEO from the 80s to 2000s who was famous for making terrible decisions alongside doing some buyouts

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I can excuse abusing copyright laws and overwriting them, ****ing over parks, buyouts, controlling major news outlets, having a stake in Florida politics because of theme park ****, performative representation and support of hateful policies (until they hurt the bottom line) but I draw the line at checks notes buyouts but bigger.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Looks like Lightyear is a certified box office flop

I believe it will do much better on Disney+ like Encanto did, but Encanto didn't flop that hard.
Its a real shame tbh. But I do question several of Bob Chapek's decisions lately especially with how he decided to put some of Pixar's films on to Disney+.

I just hope he does not alienate the creative talent at Pixar even further because they can create good animated films.

In other news the reviews on Thor: Love and Thunder are out today and currently sits at 71% on Rotten Tomatoes at the moment.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom