• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some people think Journeys will be Ash's last series as main protagonist. Some people even think the gen 9 series will star his child as the hero.

I don't think that'll happen. But if something like that does happen, here's what I want:

We never see the mom. His kid has traits that could possibly be linked to every girl Ash has been paired with over the last several decades.

The shippers rip each other to shreds, as they battle over which ship is truly canon.

And it'll be ****in hilarious :nifty:
Counter point, they show the mom is Serena, and the shippers still tear each apart, except now they are even worse and it’s even funnier.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
God damn how long was that path to Castle Oblivion? Puberty slammed Sora like a 5000 ton train in the middle of all that.

Also, Goofy sounds like he's got a cold.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The punchline is they’ll buy it anyway.
Frontiers gets delayed, new build has realistic physics on the terrain for momentum and stuff
"THIS GAME SUCKS I NEED TO WALK AROUND THE ENTIRE AREA TO GO UP INSTEAD OF LIKE RUNNING UP THIS SMALL WALL, EVEN FORCES HAD BETTER MOMENTUM"

Legit though Forces has quite a bit of momentum attatched to it and it's version of Classic Sonic can actually go faster by rolling down hills unlike Generations but for some reason Sonic fans don't praise those aspects, as if they don't actually care or something, weird

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Frontiers gets delayed, new build has realistic physics on the terrain for momentum and stuff
"THIS GAME SUCKS I NEED TO WALK AROUND THE ENTIRE AREA TO GO UP INSTEAD OF LIKE RUNNING UP THIS SMALL WALL, EVEN FORCES HAD BETTER MOMENTUM"

Legit though Forces has quite a bit of momentum attatched to it and it's version of Classic Sonic can actually go faster by rolling down hills unlike Generations but for some reason Sonic fans don't praise those aspects, as if they don't actually care or something, weird
Sonic fans perfected the art of offering “criticism” via repeating a random word they think sounds game developer-ish enough without elaborating on what they actually mean past vague concepts.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Looks like according to this thread, there is a good shot that Mega Drive Mini 2 will come overseas but are currently focusing on the Japanese market first/can't announce anything yet (which makes sense since MD sales vs. SFC/PCE) and that they more or less hard confirmed there will be 20 Sega CD games in total. Also 32x Titles are basically ruled out.

1. Sonic CD
  2. Shining Force CD
  3. Silpheed
  4. Mansion of Hidden Souls
  5. Popful Mail
  6. Shin Megami Tensei
  7. Robo Aleste - M2 is doing the emulation, so this is super likely, especially since MUSHA is on NSO & the first Mini
  8. Lunar - Silpheed is a Game Arts owned game, Alisia Dragoon was on the first Mini as well
  9. Lunar Eternal Blue
  10. After Burner III
  11. Ecco the Dolphin (CD)
  12. Panic!
  13. Final Fight CD (Capcom)
  14. Road Avenger (Data East)
  15. Time Gal (Taito)
  16. Revenge of the Ninja (Taito)
  17. Sol-Feace
  18. Anett Futatabi - sequel to El Viento, beat em up
  19. Dark Wizard
  20. Keio Flying Squadron - Hopefully
Snatcher would be amazing to see but I'm going to not hold my breath given it's a Rated M game. Would also guess we'll probably get at least one or two licensed games. There's definitely going to be a few FMV games, but I'd assume that they'll go with Japanese developed titles (Time Gal) vs. Western titles like Night Trap. Would be cool to see some of the SNK fighters like Samurai Shodown or Fatal Fury Special, but I'm not sure if SNK would want to license impressive but still downgraded versions.
  1. Virtua Racing
  2. Bonanza Bros.
  3. Shining in the Darkness
  4. Thunder Force IV
  5. Magical Taruruto
  6. Fantasy Zone - bonus unreleased game/new conversion
  7. Ristar - how was this not on the first Mini?
  8. Pulseman - Game Freak made Magical Taruruto, decent chance IMO
  9. Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter
  10. Battle Mania Daiginjou - could be wrong, but I remember an interview saying they tried to get it for the first Mini
  11. Sonic 3 - Debatable, but considering Sonic Origins, I can see them having done negotiations in advance
  12. Sonic & Knuckles
  13. Sonic 3D Blast
  14. After Burner II
  15. Golden Axe 2
  16. Golden Axe 3
  17. Streets of Rage
  18. Streets of Rage 3
  19. Phantasy Star 2
  20. Phantasy Star 3
  21. El Viento - Was ported to Evercade recently
  22. Valis 3 - probably not as good as the TG16, but has some notable improvements/downgrades
  23. Ecco Tides of Time
  24. Columns 3
  25. Gley Lancer - debatable, but it did get a Switch port (would highly recommend/newly localized/lots of filter options/cheaper than Wii VC version)
  26. Forgotten Worlds (Capcom) - the last remaining SEGA developed Capcom owned early launch title
  27. Burning Force (Namco)
  28. Arrow Flash - I remember this being on an AT Games system at one point
  29. Super Thunder Blade
  30. Alien Storm
  31. Gain Ground
Wouldn't be surprised if some titles that didn't appear on the original JP Mini but did appear in other regions might be reused. A lot of key remaining titles I feel are probably from Renovation & Wolf Team, as recently they've been licensing a lot of titles such as the Valis series to Switch & Evercade.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so idk whether Simple and Clean or Sanctuary is the better song…or the MoM version of Dearly Beloved

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"I just speed was earned in Sonic games y'know? None of that 'do action to instantly go fast', but needing to have played the game over and over again to know where you can go fast after building up enough speed.

Oh thank god Sonic Origins gave Sonic 1 the spin dash, phew, hate having to run back a little if I missed the loop de loop in Green Hill"

99% of these people I stg

MooMew64

"I just speed was earned in Sonic games y'know? None of that 'do action to instantly go fast', but needing to have played the game over and over again to know where you can go fast after building up enough speed.

Oh thank god Sonic Origins gave Sonic 1 the spin dash, phew, hate having to run back a little if I missed the loop de loop in Green Hill"

99% of these people I stg
flee while you still can

here lies nothing but madness

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know I think I want an item sharing mechanic in Scarlet and Violet. Like, imagine exploring with a party of friends and one guy is like "Yo I found insert favourite Pokemon here, can you pass me some Ultra balls so I can catch it for you?" It adds to the social element of the games and works like what the Xtransiever was supposed to.

Also it means I get another ****ing W with this game having a Ryuki moment

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last Sonic question of the day: Why Sonic Twitter is complaining about losing momentum when going uphill in Frontiers? I thought the general consensus was that maintaining speed shouldn't be too easy?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Last Sonic question of the day: Why Sonic Twitter is complaining about losing momentum when going uphill in Frontiers? I thought the general consensus was that maintaining speed shouldn't be too easy?
1: I'm pretty sure you mean the clip whete he stands still in the middle of going uphill which I'm pretty sure was the Sega person deliberately stopping as seen with other similar clips shown off this week, like when he ran straight up a wall and stopped to climb for a second before running again.

Because Sonic fans don't know ****, they simply heard a youtuber say 'pinball physics' and 'momentum' and thought that sounded cool, see how Sonic 4 Episode 2 isn't highly praised despite fixing the wonky physics in Episode 1 or how Generations is easily considered one of the best games in the series despite Classic not being able to build up speed by rolling down slopes, or how Forces is considered absolute ****ing trash despite both Classic AND Modern being able to gain momentum when going downhill
There was a problem fetching the tweet

These troglodytes are deeply offended because they think roll down hill equals good design only to ignore how mediocre games also have roll down hill, they're so upset they never stopped to consider that maybe Sonic being able to stop on a dime was a deliberate decision so you could easily stop if you saw something when exploring instead of potentially running off a cliff because you were going to fast and have to climb all the way back up by running around the hill just to get back to the thing you saw and wanted to interact with, especially as Sonic seems to turn a hell of a lot more easily than in other Boost games and Quick Step being changed to a dodge roll suggesting the devs knew that going open world meant having to think of how to make Sonic go fast while making sure he can be controlled easily in this enviroment he's never been in before

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
**** its Saturday.

3ed6f269b6d885d5becbda23d945d7c9.jpg

I'm back to work Monday.

On the bright as I've shown you guys went to some cool Irish ruins yesterday:

Trip 1.jpg

Don't tell you can't look at it and think "yep it looks like something out of Shadow of the Colossus or The Last Guardian".

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
"Jesse we gotta study for the SAT. get on kahn academy"
1654339051479.png

"But mister White, the test is today"
1654339195769.png

"oh no, i will not improve my score by very much and won't get into a good college"
1654339081594.png

(I am walter hartwell white)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Some people think Journeys will be Ash's last series as main protagonist. Some people even think the gen 9 series will star his child as the hero.

I don't think that'll happen. But if something like that does happen, here's what I want:

We never see the mom. His kid has traits that could possibly be linked to every girl Ash has been paired with over the last several decades.

The shippers rip each other to shreds, as they battle over which ship is truly canon.

And it'll be ****in hilarious :nifty:
As if. Given how long Ash has been going as the protagonist. His adventure is never gonna end with him never aging.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What kind of vampire would even take human food over your blood?
The one in my house whom i force feed chicken and rice seasoned with Galic powder down his throat

Fine, ill give myself a cut and drop a bit of blood on the food for him as a treat
16-165695_charlotte-anime-meme-face-hd-png-download.jpg

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Jirae race:

1654352072533.png

“I’m Jirae Tlaltecuhtli. Use me well, dear. I’m the reason you have a ground you stand on, after all.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Aztec mythology. A goddess who is sometimes referred to as the “earth monster”. She was a sea monster who dwelled in the ocean that covered the entire world. As the fifth cosmos could not be completed with her, the gods Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca took the shape of great serpents and rip her into two, with different parts of her body forming the new earth. Still alive, Tlaltecuhtli demanded human blood to sate her hunger.

Skills: Agidyne, Mazionga, Megidola, Marakukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fairy race.

Tlaltecuhtli was a fearsome goddess said to have multiple mouths at her elbows and knees to devour more sacrifices. While this design doesn’t resemble her very detailed physical depictions, I think it mostly does a good job of being a giant earth goddess with a rock and lava body. Only her upper half exists, possibly because she was divided into two. The life support-like tubes, I imagine, are supposed to be how her daily dose of blood is given to her which is ew but also kind of genius. Also, I dig her mountaintop head.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wtf was that song doing in Multiverse of Madness?
to prepare for the MCU adaptation of Kingdom Hearts on Disney+
So I started Re: Chain of Memories.

How tf do I play this game? It's confusing as hell.
do what I did and give up
Don’t you remember how Mickey Mouse was leading the Illuminati?

It’s just like real life!
to bad Wanda turned Mickey into cheese and ate him

MooMew64

1: I'm pretty sure you mean the clip whete he stands still in the middle of going uphill which I'm pretty sure was the Sega person deliberately stopping as seen with other similar clips shown off this week, like when he ran straight up a wall and stopped to climb for a second before running again.

Because Sonic fans don't know ****, they simply heard a youtuber say 'pinball physics' and 'momentum' and thought that sounded cool, see how Sonic 4 Episode 2 isn't highly praised despite fixing the wonky physics in Episode 1 or how Generations is easily considered one of the best games in the series despite Classic not being able to build up speed by rolling down slopes, or how Forces is considered absolute ****ing trash despite both Classic AND Modern being able to gain momentum when going downhill
There was a problem fetching the tweet

These troglodytes are deeply offended because they think roll down hill equals good design only to ignore how mediocre games also have roll down hill, they're so upset they never stopped to consider that maybe Sonic being able to stop on a dime was a deliberate decision so you could easily stop if you saw something when exploring instead of potentially running off a cliff because you were going to fast and have to climb all the way back up by running around the hill just to get back to the thing you saw and wanted to interact with, especially as Sonic seems to turn a hell of a lot more easily than in other Boost games and Quick Step being changed to a dodge roll suggesting the devs knew that going open world meant having to think of how to make Sonic go fast while making sure he can be controlled easily in this enviroment he's never been in before
So what you're saying is...

...Forces WAS GOATED all along???

I

KNEW IT

#ForcesDidNothingWrong #ColorsSucks #UnleashedGOATED #DelaySonicFrontiers #FireMasuda #GameFreakLied #ReleaseAnimalCrossingEarly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom