• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'd say a backplate and new battery should be good enough aesthetically and functionally, but that power button does look a little iffy. Does it still work?
Oh, thats a screw spot. Thats one of the screws that was holding the back but the power button is working good still, no problems on that end

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh, thats a screw spot. Thats one of the screws that was holding the back but the power button is working good still, no problems on that end
As long as the front of the device and screen are okay, I'd say a new battery and backplate should be enough. Removing batteries can be tough in these kinds of devices, though, so be sure to watch guides from iFixit if you're fixing stuff yourself.

Oh, and make absolutely sure to dispose of the old battery safely; those things are super dangerous if mishandled. Lithium ion batteries are basically mini-bombs if they get punctured and catch on fire (my place of work has them come in all the time and they have to be packaged a certain way). iFixit should show you all the proper stuff to do!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Update on Helluva Boss

TLDR: Episode 8 is near completion but issues arose so season 2 will come before that starting July 30.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Solid response from Capcom

Sonic fans are trying to get Sega to give them a demo now.
"Delay it! Also a demo pls"

Like, that's not gonna help at all lmao

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As long as the front of the device and screen are okay, I'd say a new battery and backplate should be enough. Removing batteries can be tough in these kinds of devices, though, so be sure to watch guides from iFixit if you're fixing stuff yourself.

Oh, and make absolutely sure to dispose of the old battery safely; those things are super dangerous if mishandled. Lithium ion batteries are basically mini-bombs if they get punctured and catch on fire (my place of work has them come in all the time and they have to be packaged a certain way). iFixit should show you all the proper stuff to do!
Oh, ive been looking up videos upon videos on battery replacent for this lol. Ive changed my 3DS swollen bat befor but that is totally different. I know ill have to bad under it with alcohol the make the glue let up

MooMew64

yayomg-kirby-phone-reaction-gif.gif

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku SneakyLink SneakyLink this is a bannable offense, right

"Delay it! Also a demo pls"

Like, that's not gonna help at all lmao
Chaomix and other Sonic YTers are heading the charge and saying 'We can give them feedback, which will improve the game!'

This entire game's launch leadup is gonna be the funniest one yet. I was joking, but no, they really are trying to get a reddit movement going.

Anyways, #ReleaseAnimalCrossingEarly finally found a friend

MooMew64

Sonic games should be short and sweet while being long and immersive, with controls that are smooth and stiff with a feeling of loose tightness.

The momentum should be wildly controlled, fast, with slowed down control for precision and momentum automational contraltionism. The boopy bits should run at 12,000 megawatss per Pikachu, while the flippy flaps have a tight level design of the oldschool games while also being robust and new like the modern games. But not Forces. The levels should have branching paths that let you go multiple ways, with a linear design to focus on tight platforming. The game should focus on 3D with a lack of 2D, with 2D sections to help out the odd 3D segments. Everyone knows only the Genesis games were good. The 3D will help out the weaker 2D sections. Sonic's story should be dark and serious, with light fluff for a fun children's game that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

They should take inspiration from fangames, like Sonic Utopia and Project 06, the pinnacles of human design. They should be careful to stay original and not be too fangamey by taking inspiration from fans, because no one wants a "HIRE THIS MAN" tech demo. They should make the graphics super realistic with PTGI raytracing and ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP DLSS HC refreshrate per 25 render distance chunk. They should hire Chaomix and Sam Procrastinates, while staying original and professional with a highly skilled dev team that know what they're doing and are unbiased.

The game should feel fresh and new and not rely on nostalgia by utilizing old classics that worked in the past. The game will improve tremendously if they appeal to me specifically.

Colors sucks.

Last edited:

MooMew64

The sonic movie model change was disastrous for discussion of media pre-release
Fandoms are the worst thing, are the reason we cannot have nice things, and social media is a blight on human existence. Mankind ruins everything it touches. 😃

Also:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sam is losing it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fandoms are the worst thing, are the reason we cannot have nice things, and social media is a blight on human existence. Mankind ruins everything it touches. 😃

Also:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sam is losing it.
I'm a little lost with this tweet, haha.

For starters, was there confirmation that the Sonic model didn't get updated? I see no reason for the models to be different unless there was somehow some weird inconsistencies in the current build. (Edit: Okay, since heard that the supposed length difference could be due to angles. That makes a lot more sense, haha.) To be clear, I know some fans are super pissed about the model. I don't really mind it, but given the difference, the most logical answer I'd think is that one of them is from a different build. And this isn't an early build? When most games are revealed, the footage shown isn't final. I'd think this is still in development to a certain extent, and nearly finalized.

Are some people coping? Yeah, probably. Though these two things I don't get. Honestly, game could turn out good, it could turn out bad. I'd prefer a good game obviously, but eh, not the end of the world if it's lackluster.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just dont understand why they changed the Quills.

Was it to keep consistent with future action figures? I know the quills are the hardest part of making a Sonic figure because they tend to make the figure fall over so smaller quills makes sense there. But in a videogame it's just weird. It's like he's balding.

MooMew64

I'm a little lost with this tweet, haha.

For starters, was there confirmation that the Sonic model didn't get updated? I see no reason for the models to be different unless there was somehow some weird inconsistencies in the current build. (Edit: Okay, since heard that the supposed length difference could be due to angles. That makes a lot more sense, haha.) To be clear, I know some fans are super pissed about the model. I don't really mind it, but given the difference, the most logical answer I'd think is that one of them is from a different build. And this isn't an early build? When most games are revealed, the footage shown isn't final. I'd think this is still in development to a certain extent, and nearly finalized.

Are some people coping? Yeah, probably. Though these two things I don't get. Honestly, game could turn out good, it could turn out bad. I'd prefer a good game obviously, but eh, not the end of the world if it's lackluster.
TBH it’s just Sonic fans and YTers pretending they know how to make video games.

The footage is literally, 100% from an earlier build, that’s just how these things work from what we know from actual industry profesionals.

How early? Who knows! Will the game be good? I dunno, but I think it looks fun, personally. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope!

Do some people need to touch grass? For the love of all that is good, yes! :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
TBH it’s just Sonic fans and YTers pretending they know how to make video games.

The footage is literally, 100% from an earlier build, that’s just how these things work from what we know from actual industry profesionals.

How early? Who knows! Will the game be good? I dunno, but I think it looks fun, personally. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope!

Do some people need to touch grass? For the love of all that is good, yes! :dr^_^:
Yeah, that about sums up my thoughts, haha.

Honestly, I'm not really pissed over the state of Frontiers. I get some people are really passionate about video games, but eh. It's a game, you'll live. If the game turns out to be a disappointment, then yeah! That sucks! But not everything is gonna be a hit and ya gotta know when to move on. The sheer passion some fans have is why I'm only comfortable discussing this sort of stuff here and not on Twitter, haha. I tend to be pretty indifferent to big outcries in the gaming industry like this.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Grass reminds me too much of green hill zone.

MooMew64

Yeah, that about sums up my thoughts, haha.

Honestly, I'm not really pissed over the state of Frontiers. I get some people are really passionate about video games, but eh. It's a game, you'll live. If the game turns out to be a disappointment, then yeah! That sucks! But not everything is gonna be a hit and ya gotta know when to move on. The sheer passion some fans have is why I'm only comfortable discussing this sort of stuff here and not on Twitter, haha. I tend to be pretty indifferent to big outcries in the gaming industry like this.
Level headed, rational thought?

Sir, we’re discussing Sonic here, the least you could do is harass a dev and threaten someone’s personal safety over a cartoon hedgehog, smh.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm trying to give my Pokemon sword team Brittish related names.
So my four members right now have these names:

Axel the Raboot
Gregson the Thievul
Turters the Chewtle
Hagrid the Stufful

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TFW I find out next year there will be a killer bear movie about a black bear going on a murderous rampage to due cocaine overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom