• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, while I do agree with most of the complaints about Frontiers, reused assets is not one of them. Asset reuse saves time, and time is money. Every modern game reuses previous assets
maxresdefault (7).jpg

Noooooo Sonic's using the same punch animation as the Forces cutscene after beating Zavok and this floor uses the same textures as a floor in Forces, it's literally unplayable!

b47.jpg

I get to walk through my beloved Kamurocho which has used the same assets since the ps2 original again? Splendid, I love this town and seeing how it changes slightly

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Browsing Netflix to see if there's anything I'm in the mood for and I just got reccomded a nature docuseries narrated by freaking Barack Obama.

And it actually looks like it might be good too.

What a world we live in.
My fellow viewers, as you can uh... as you can see that is a uh... cheetah on the hunt for the uh... zebra. We need to take the time to find a deeper look and uh... see if it will catch him. Thank you.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
we could’ve lost so much goodness…thank Odin for Disney choosing Feige over the monster

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Pokémon, Sonic, and Street Fighter all disappointing me in the span of two days. This has gotta be a record.
Snake Ima be real with you are you ever not disappointed in something?

Honest question. No judgement but this just feels like a constant thing for you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
we could’ve lost so much goodness…thank Odin for Disney choosing Feige over the monster
Thank god that wasn't the case.

Quippy humor and one-liners.

Quippy humor and one-liners everywhere.

Well at least until post-Avengers that was.
Alternate universe where the DCEU was acyually good
Shazam! and The Suicide Squad: Are we a joke to you?

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet. Even more games this time, including Sega CD titles!

They've confirmed Game Freak and Falcom are on board so it'll be interesting to see which titles will be included on this one. If I wasn't at work I'd be making a wish list. lol

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well, for one, I'm seeing complaints about the length of Sonic's quills. Again. :troll:

The footage from Wednesday is inconsistent with today's footage in the sense that Sonic has a slightly altered model. Now which one is the older model? No clue.

Just not sure why folks are pissed over this when early builds using different character models is very commonplace, haha.
The model definitely looks better, though! This pretty much confirms my theory that they're being weird and showing really old footage mixed with newer.

Who wants to bet it's because they recorded this all last year before delays hit them and they just couldn't be bothered to record something new, lol.

Combat was shown off. Mixed bag. Better than the first footage. Not quite enough to calm down concerns.
TBH with how volatile the initial reaction was, nothing is gonna calm the fanbase down. The fanbase as a whole are the CEOs of Reactionary Takes, there is no room for subjectivity, cautious optimism, or grounded negativity. Gotta be 1000% on either camp with no middle ground.

On the bright side, I'm with Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , the game's probably getting delayed. We still have no solid date, the fanbase is screaming bloody murder for it, and Sonic management has been listening to social media outrage more often than not lately, so IMO it's inevitable. They'll probably string it along until September and then push it to the following summer. :drshrug:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As a cool sidenote, boy are Sonic fans making it hard to still enjoy fangames atm.

I'm sure people would absolutely love these fangames just as much and have just as much praise for them if they weren't free and you had to pay $40+ for them. :113:

For real, still love the fangame devs and their work, but like bruuuuhhhh some of the fans are quite literally making everything miserable.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wow, two somewhat good films out of 11 so far.

Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Josstice League, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 1984, and Birds of Prey still exist, y'know.
Nah but that resume is crazy. How are you gonna have an cinematic universe amd have not 1, not 2, but THREE contenders of worst movie of all time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The best thing about Shazam! and The Suicide Squad is that both can be treated as their own standalone films which I treat as such.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He so happy
Alternate universe where the DCEU was acyually good
so just a live action version of Ruth the DCAU, DCAMU, or Tomorrowverse
Thank god that wasn't the case.

Quippy humor and one-liners.

Quippy humor and one-liners everywhere.

Well at least until post-Avengers that was.

Shazam! and The Suicide Squad: Are we a joke to you?
which also had quiet humor and one liners…
Wow, two somewhat good films out of 11 so far.

Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Josstice League, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 1984, and Birds of Prey still exist, y'know.
Aquaman and Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn were both great movies tho

and then there’s the perfect Peacemaker

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
which also had quiet humor and one liners…
Perhaps but they were their own type of humor and not formulaic like how the current MCU has as of late. I could easily tell the atmosphere, tone and vibe for those two films despite aiming to be comedies were different from the usual MCU film.

Or are you talking about pre-Avengers which in that case, before then said humor was more balanced and natural as opposed to now.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The excessive humor in the MCU needed to stay in the Guardians films, that's where it belonged and only works in given the campy and goofy tone and nature of those films. If only all the other MCU films were that of pre-Avengers, The Winter Soldier and Civil War (Which was apparently an exception given how "serious" those two were).

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I haven’t watched too many DCEU movies (just the two Wonder Woman films, Justice League (not the Zack Snyder one), and Aquaman). Then again I still need to watch the second Burton Batman movie.

While I’m here, Disney Channel posted this show sneak peek. It’s from the Phineas and Ferb/Milo Murphy’s Law creators:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet. Even more games this time, including Sega CD titles!

They've confirmed Game Freak and Falcom are on board so it'll be interesting to see which titles will be included on this one. If I wasn't at work I'd be making a wish list. lol
Wait Game freak is involved with this thing?

Rotom's game comes back?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The excessive humor in the MCU needed to stay in the Guardians films, that's where it belonged and only works in given the campy and goofy tone and nature of those films. If only all the other MCU films were that of pre-Avengers, The Winter Soldier and Civil War (Which was apparently an exception given how "serious" those two were).
Implying this isn't a goated scene

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Apparently, SEGA has been sending out surveys to people asking for their thoughts on Frontiers, and people have noted promo material and the IGN reps have been been dodging specifically mentioning the November launch window.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh they're delaying this, lol.
To when, though 🤔

🤔🤔

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t think we need anymore super serious type movies like those for every characters. For every DareDevil and Moon Knight, there’s gotta be a Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel to keep things right
I haven’t watched too many DCEU movies (just the two Wonder Woman films, Justice League (not the Zack Snyder one), and Aquaman). Then again I still need to watch the second Burton Batman movie.

While I’m here, Disney Channel posted this show sneak peek. It’s from the Phineas and Ferb/Milo Murphy’s Law creators:

saw it a bit ago…idk why I haven’t heard of it until today…nor do I know why the sister gives me real life SpongeBob feels
Implying this isn't a goated scene
glad he became an influencer after that Spidey flip
I can't believe Nintendo, Gamefreak, and SEGA all hired that man at once.

Poor guy is stretched thin :239:
inb4 there’s an army of that man, that way that man can accomplish all that work that quick

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
what the ****arooni and cheese DC

Status
Not open for further replies.