• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cammy wearing pants seems to he the hot topic this time around, but tbh I actually think it's better than the leotard
oh god…Cammy looks more attractive covered up…but Guile needs to wear less of what he’s got now in favor of dressing like the good part of America

also amen to Ken looking normal again

In non spoilerly news, Laura Bailey has been replaced by Jenny Kwan as the voice of Chun Li.

She was Suki from Avatar for those unaware
SUUUUUUUUUUUKIIIIIIIIIIII

also makes sense for Laura to finally be replaced since she’s been focused on American made projects a lot more over the years (I think it occurred after one of the many VA strikes)
I have a confession

I still love animal crossing new horizons. How many years in jail do I get for that?
a few seconds in jail due to saying this on Free Animal Crossing Day

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge I blame you...... for your (wonderful) influence.

I'm watching My Dress Up Darling on a two hour train ride home (no one is near me) and I'm really enjoying it.

The animation bro.
The animation is superb, yes.

And I think another reason why the show really worked for me is because Gojou is quite likeable himself. Most romcoms have the female lead carry the entire thing while the male lead is wholly unremarkable and just a means for some people to project themselves onto, but he has great chemistry with Marin and is a genuinely nice guy who's supportive of other's hobbies (as is Marin, of course).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So that Sonic gameplay was a bit better, some of the combat moves looked cool but the basic punches and kicks looked stiff. The special moves looked visually cool but the teleporting is gonna be disorienting. Tbh, it looked like a slightly better 06 Shadow combat if I had to describe it, which is a mixed bag imo. The move where you make a trail looks cool, probably the only thing that has my interest.

Still not too keen on Frontiers, not yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So that Sonic gameplay was a bit better, some of the combat moves looked cool but the basic punches and kicks looked stiff. The special moves looked visually cool but the teleporting is gonna be disorienting. Tbh, it looked like a slightly better 06 Shadow combat if I had to describe it, which is a mixed bag imo. The move where you make a trail looks cool, probably the only thing that has my interest.

Still not too keen on Frontiers, not yet.
I believe the trail move you mentioned near the end of your first paragraph is called the Spin Cycle.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon fans, rejoice

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

1654273385539.png

“I am Yoma Erlkönig. Do not fear and take my branch, young lad. May our alliance be fruitful.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Germanic mythology. A bearded, sinister elf who lives in the woods. If children wander in his territory for too long, he finds them, luring them to death with a single touch. His name means “alder king” and is a mistranslation of the Danish word “ellekonge”, meaning “king of the fairies”. Some legends focus on his daughter, who curses any man who rejects her gifts and advances with an incurable sickness.

Skills: Steel Needle, Floral Gust, Maziodyne

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Jirae race.

Erlkönig has an amazing design, mostly for the way it paints a deadly fairy living in the forest as a skeletal tree with Germanic clothes and carrying a cone staff. Originally, “the elf king” is a Danish figure but his common portrayals are taken from Goethe’s version, which is the main inspiration here. His heavy use of lighting skills may have different reasons. Maybe it’s because of the shapes of his branches, lightning’s association with dead trees or maybe it’s a way to reflect his earth element.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My biggest problem with these Sonic trailers is that they seem to be showing off the game in the most technical ways possible and not playing the game how normal people would play it.

The animations look very stiff, but I will say this combat trailer was better than the last trailer.

I am still hopeful for this game, although at this point it is mostly out of spite.

This is going to be a long summer...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
oh god…Cammy looks more attractive covered up…but Guile needs to wear less of what he’s got now in favor of dressing like the good part of America

also amen to Ken looking normal again
People are mad that they can't see her ass, but her abs are right there. Look at the bigger picture.

Also, Ken looks good on paper, but lets see the 3D model first. See if they fixed the banana hair

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

And I think another reason why the show really worked for me is because Gojou is quite likeable himself. Most romcoms have the female lead carry the entire thing while the male lead is wholly unremarkable and just a means for some people to project themselves onto, but he has great chemistry with Marin and is a genuinely nice guy who's supportive of other's hobbies (as is Marin, of course).
Oh yeah the dynamic just works. Like one of the best in romcoms and if only some could learn that cough Shikimori and Rent a Girlfriend.

If anything I just the introvert meets extravert between the two to easily be super relatable and believable. And you are right about the projecting bit.
Some romcoms just feel like a depressed male writer trying to project themselves into an easy fictional relationship. Makes it lack substance.

Four episodes in. Did me most of the two hour train ride so I thank you for that recommend dude.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People are mad that they can't see her ass, but her abs are right there. Look at the bigger picture.

Also, Ken looks good on paper, but lets see the 3D model first. See if they fixed the banana hair

There's a screenshot of Cammy with her old outfit in the game anyway lol, they're gonna make just shy of a Morbillion on "Fine, here's your **** and ass" costumes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm still optimistic about Frontiers and I liked the kick ki blasts, multiple ways to deal with enemies, quick Spin Cycle and RIDER KICK alongside the mecha Peahat. But jesus ****ing christ fire the marketing team lmao, why show off getting hit? Or repeatedly being unable to damage the Peahat after already showing it needs to throw the hat or needs to be removed by Sonic? Bro this would have gone so much better if they just showed a normal trailer, I can't defend that.

Still looking forward to the game tho

osby

Smash Obsessed

Oh yeah the dynamic just works. Like one of the best in romcoms and if only some could learn that cough Shikimori and Rent a Girlfriend.

If anything I just the introvert meets extravert between the two to easily be super relatable and believable. And you are right about the projecting bit.
Some romcoms just feel like a depressed male writer trying to project themselves into an easy fictional relationship. Makes it lack substance.

Four episodes in. Did me most of the two hour train ride so I thank you for that recommend dude.
Marin and Gojou work because they are both nerds who are incredibly awkward at dealing with situations they aren't used to and have great respect for hard work and passion.

I think manga has a fair amount of problems but I love how it makes the whole "opposites attract" angle work by subtly showing characters' similarities countering their differences.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do note that despite my negativity, I do hope Frontiers is good overall. But it needs a lot polish and a lot of personality.

I just wanna see the good ideas shine.
Yeah Sonic needs to do cool ****, not have internally recorded gameplay of him getting slapped. Considering they want to show the game for the entire month yet still don't have a date, I think it legit will get delayed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

he then ends up with ramen hair somehow. Tho that might likely fit Ken far better than that damned banana.

and yeah Cammy’s abs are a bonus, especially if they can be seen within the open world area freely and respectively

Bruuuuuhh what the **** happend overnigjt?View attachment 353930
she’s worth too much still

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah Sonic needs to do cool ****, not have internally recorded gameplay of him getting slapped. Considering they want to show the game for the entire month yet still don't have a date, I think it legit will get delayed
I really hope it does get delayed, I feel like Sega wanted to show off the mechanics but the more they show (poorly), the more jank and lack of polish becomes obvious.

It doesn't help that Frontiers's reveal was smack dab in between a new trailer of much more polished open world game and another new trailer of a much more polished open world game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm actually enjoying what we saw from Sonic Frontiers. Sure, it needs more work but at least they are trying something different for the series which was my personal biggest want from a new title.

...it was nice not being doxxed

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, while I do agree with most of the complaints about Frontiers, reused assets is not one of them. Asset reuse saves time, and time is money. Every modern game reuses previous assets
Asset reusing is bad and lazy.

Unless Sonic fangames do it, then it's good because they are reusing the right assets.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sanic vid is out, can't watch it atm, so y'all can just tell me:

What're they maldin' about now :nifty:
Well, for one, I'm seeing complaints about the length of Sonic's quills. Again. :troll:

The footage from Wednesday is inconsistent with today's footage in the sense that Sonic has a slightly altered model. Now which one is the older model? No clue.

Just not sure why folks are pissed over this when early builds using different character models is very commonplace, haha.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, for one, I'm seeing complaints about the length of Sonic's quills. Again. :troll:

The footage from Wednesday is inconsistent with today's footage in the sense that Sonic has a slightly altered model. Now which one is the older model? No clue.

Just not sure why folks are pissed over this when early builds using different character models is very commonplace, haha.
Interesting. I guess that pretty much confirms that we've been shown the game at various stages of development unless it uses multiple models for different scenes for some reason.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Interesting. I guess that pretty much confirms that we've been shown the game at various stages of development unless it uses multiple models for different scenes for some reason.
A lot of games do use different models for different scenes, though usually the only difference in those sort of models is the level of detail. So I'm placing my bets on the fact that the footage shown is from different points in development. Which is quite odd, haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom