• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
After finding out that there's a pig Pokemon called Lechonk...

I want to see what its evolutions could look like.

Gimme something like a giant angry murderous boar with inspiration from the entelodonts aka Hell Pigs like Daeodon.
It's gonna be like big chungus and its name will be Lechungus

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Been playing Kirby 64.

How come no one told me Kirby has a double bladed lightsabre in the game?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ended up looking back at the Ultimate Spec Thread during the height of the Grinch Leak, and I forgot how Sora came to be tied into it as a possible reveal at The Game Awards.

It's almost like the part of a story where you feel it's building up to the ending only for the heroes to eat **** and have to work their way to the real ending.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Out of curiousity, is the Ice Titan, Sephiroth, and the Hollow Bastion supeeboss worth the time?

I hit the Final Rest and I'm at level 60.
Do you want the accomplishment/bragging rights of beating them?

Like, as someone who enjoys the feeling of accomplishment from beating superbosses I'd say it's worth it (alongside Kurt Zisa and Phantom if you haven't already fought them), but you're probably looking at grinding to a higher level (60 is insufficient imo for a first run through, I'd advise anywhere from 80+) and getting the best gear in the game (Ultima Weapon, Crystal Crown, Cosmic Arts, Atlas Armlet, etc.) as well as learning the bosses and correctly executing the right moves in a fight, which can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days.

Do you think that's worth the time?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do you want the accomplishment/bragging rights of beating them?

Like, as someone who enjoys the feeling of accomplishment from beating superbosses I'd say it's worth it (alongside Kurt Zisa and Phantom if you haven't already fought them), but you're probably looking at grinding to a higher level (60 is insufficient imo for a first run through, I'd advise anywhere from 80+) and getting the best gear in the game (Ultima Weapon, Crystal Crown, Cosmic Arts, Atlas Armlet, etc.) as well as learning the bosses and correctly executing the right moves in a fight, which can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days.

Do you think that's worth the time?
Depends. I usually go out of my way to defeat Superbosses in RPGs (and yeah, I did defeat Kurt Zisa and Phantom, btw never wanna do Phantom ever again), but the thing that kinda holds me back is that I'm at the end of the game and I really do not feel like grinding things out to because I'm kinda getting worn out of the KH gameplay loop and wanna move on Re:COM (which maybe a be careful what you wish for).

Idk, maybe I'll just make a seperate file and do the bosses there.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Depends. I usually go out of my way to defeat Superbosses in RPGs (and yeah, I did defeat Kurt Zisa and Phantom, btw never wanna do Phantom ever again), but the thing that kinda holds me back is that I'm at the end of the game and I really do not feel like grinding things out to because I'm kinda getting worn out of the KH gameplay loop and wanna move on Re:COM (which maybe a be careful what you wish for).

Idk, maybe I'll just make a seperate file and do the bosses there.
I'd say Sephiroth is definitely worth it regardless. I'd also recommend the Hollow Bastion Boss, though that's probably one of the most forgettable secret bosses in the series (and can also be looped incredibly easy lmao).

The Titans just suck so I understand if you want to skip them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Titans just suck so I understand if you want to skip them.
I did beat Rock Titan, who took like 1 minute because that was a ****ing joke. Ice Titan is just hella annoying cause parrying is wack in this game.

Sephiroth seems fun tho (I tried and he mopped my ass), maybe I'll grind just to challenge him and the Hallow Bastion boss.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
On the early morning train and hour cycle to an old pre-Viking Irish fort. A bit unwell.

images.jpg

Let's see how stubborn I become today but oh my Mario Kart is a godly timekiller on the train.

I don't know whether I'm excited or wary:

Haven't watched but I'm happy for you dude. Know how much you love the show.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Everyone's buying Violet
I'll be the one guy with Scarlet...

I HOLD SWAY OVER THE VERSION EXCLUSIVE TRADES
They thought he was after the cavewoman.

Little did they know, he was after having powerful sway over the limited market trade opportunities.

Haven't watched but I'm happy for you dude. Know how much you love the show.
Thanks!

Tbh, Hollywood's trade record of anime live-action adaptations is uh, not ideal so I'll wait to see whether it'll be good or not. But at least the producer will be the same and it was something developers wanted for a while so there's a reason to be cautiously optimistic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Having some sad boi hours right now.

I've been thinking about some old friends from my childhood right now and how I have no way to contact them or see how they're doing.

Like there was one kid in high school who was way too kind to me. But neither of us used social media and I didn't have a phone, so when I moved away we lost contact. I didn't know him for long but he was my only friend at the time and probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Then there was a girl who played with me a couple times in elementary school, but I knew her all the way into middle school. She was a bit odd, probably neurodivergent in hindsight. She was really obsessed with dogs and a huge animal lover. Honestly we had a lot in common and I don't think she had a lot of friends. I'm not even sure if she really even remembers me but I wish I spent more time with her.

And there was one friend who I deliberately cut off because he started making insensitive jokes about WWII. Yeaaaah. I don't think people here will blame me for that one but I kind of wish I talked to him about it before cutting him off completely. Before he started making those jokes he was probably my closest friends. I really hope he was just going through an edgy phase and has since learned his lesson, but there's also a very real chance he ended up being radicalized.

Really wishing I kept all my school yearbooks. I hated my life as a kid and thought I'd never want to look back. Heh. Maybe one day I'll swing by my hometown during an event of some kind and see if I can recognize anyone - or if anyone can recognize me.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Capcom may have just deliberately revealed a BUNCH of characters for Street Fighter 6 via one website screenshot

View attachment 353891

View attachment 353892
View attachment 353893
About that, I am not sure if anyone had seen this:

The roster had been accidently leaked out that reveals a couple of returning and new characters.

she really is a true Kamala Khan
Looking forward to watching Ms. Marvel under a weeks time.

Also, Happy Birthday to Shroob Shroob .

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh wow nearly the whole roster for SF6 really did just leak huh

Where the **** is Sean or ANY SF3 character

Akuma's design is amazing though, the devil horns formed by his hair are a really cool touch and he's got the white streaks back, Rashid's alright so I'm just waiting on Sean, Dudley, Makoto and Poison now

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh wow nearly the whole roster for SF6 really did just leak huh

Where the **** is Sean or ANY SF3 character

Akuma's design is amazing though, the devil horns formed by his hair are a really cool touch and he's got the white streaks back, Rashid's alright so I'm just waiting on Sean, Dudley, Makoto and Poison now
I would've thought, at the very least, that Alex would've made the cut given he's practically the main character of SF3, but Capcom really do be wanting to keep pushing it as the black sheep of the franchise tho.

At least the redesigns this time around are solid.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
CAMMY WITH PANTS LETS GO!

Dee Jay is an interesting pick to bring back. He was my brother's favorite character, so he'll be over the moon for this

They didn't have to go this hard on the redesigns. I love it

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't know whether I'm excited or wary:

It says "live action hollywood" so i say be wary

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Lamperouge Lamperouge I blame you...... for your (wonderful) influence.

I'm watching My Dress Up Darling on a two hour train ride home (no one is near me) and I'm really enjoying it.

The animation bro.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Cammy wearing pants seems to he the hot topic this time around, but tbh I actually think it's better than the leotard
  • I really like the majority of the redesigns for each of the returning characters. Dee Jay's return is one that caught me out by surprise.
  • Quite surprised that none of the characters from Street Fighter 3 made it in the roster.
  • As for the newcomers, all of them pretty much fits the description in accordance to an earlier leak with Kimberly the character that was briefly revealed during yesterday's trailer.
Whilst it is shame that the leak occurred, I am certain Capcom will continue to press on with its schedule. Although Capcom isn't the only one unfortunate with leaks as it also happened with SNK's King of Fighters XIV as well as XV I think.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Other text leak stuff mentions that Rose is in and that the total at launch is 25 so we have two characters left after Rose already
Praying for Sean even though there's 3 shotos already and Luke "Ninja" Blevins has one of his attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom