• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saw the Justice Society animated movie recently. It was really cool. Nice story, clean artstyle, great action. Really dug it. Also helps that the Flash was the main character, granted I like Wally more than Barry but still.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's not a punishment the movie gud.

Dragons are for training, not for marrying.
Marry the dragon after training them then, the problem will be solved that way

also I don’t think Poke is taking the punishment well
Well for Donkey, it's both if you know what I mean
84702451-34CD-4241-B5E3-A9523F2A93AD.jpeg

NOOOOOO NOT SHREK FOREVER AFTER
shouldn’t have done what you did to Donkey
Forever After?

Wasn't that bad tbh. Not as good as the first 2 but not as bad as Shrek 3
Shrek the Third has Snow White singing the Immigrant Song and the funny death scene that I shouldn’t still laugh at…that alone keeps it a a high tier spot

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure if its a hot take or not, but Sonic's friends in the games are collectively much cooler than the SatAM ones. Knuckles alone clears.

On another note, Genesis Keys never misses.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokémon masters putting out literal fire content:
View attachment 351177
Not exactly interested in another Morty alt, but shiny Ho-oh is lit. Fangirls stay winning.

Glad to see the Johto Villian arc is confirmed to be next. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Gen 2 TR Admins considering the game is using Team Rainbow Rocket Giovanni. Considering we're getting 3* Ground Gear this month, Classic/Gym Leader Giovanni I think has a decent shot of happening.

Above all else though Johto needed a buff more than any other region by far. Hopefully a Master Fair Lugia or Suicune will be leaked soon. Lyra/Kris/Karen/Koga have been waiting for EXs for a long time too.

Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Drake race:

1650898122484.png

“I AM DRAKE LEVIATHAN! MAW OF THE DEPTHS, DEVOURER OF THE WRETCHED, BURNING ENVY!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Abrahamic mythology. A gigantic sea serpent with fire breath and impenetrable scales. It is mentioned in various books of the Hebrew Bible. Leviathan originates from the Ugaritic sea monster Lôtān, said to inhabit the cosmic sea Depths before God divided the oceans from lands. Its flesh is to be served to all who are worthy at the end of time when it’s killed. Christian theologians associated this dragon with the sin of jealousy.

Skills: Ice Age, Fire Dracostrike, Tetrakarn, Megidolaon

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fairy race.

The funny thing is Leviathan’s design doesn’t belong to it. It was actually a unique manmade demon in Soul Hackers before a later release gave this design to it. I find it quite fitting honestly. Looks scary enough to fit the part, has a great color scheme, and gives a sense of scale. The chain around his ankle is a left-over but may reference its position as trapped in shallow waters after the world it was born in was shaped into the modern earth. Some sources say it’s a male dragon, while others say it’s a female, so I went with neutral but I like to see it as a dragoness akin to Tiamat.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Here is the schedule for Cinema-con which takes place this coming week.

I'll probably post some of my predictions on what will be shown during the event tomorrow.
Going back to what I said two days ago, here are some of my predictions:

Disney: Probably get some information on the sequel of Avatar, live action Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid and Snow White. They could also show their latest animated feature the "Strange World" which is due out later this year too. As for Marvel Studios and its hard to say at this stage, but I think they will show small snippets of their latest features such as Thor Love & Thunder and a bit of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever although that (Black Panther) could be reserved for San Diego Comic-con or D23 which happens later this year.

Sony: Probably small details on Kraven the Hunter and Madame Web.

Universal: I'd probably give a 50/50 chance of a Super Mario teaser to be shown there.

Warner Bros: It is likely they will show Black Adam, the Flash and Shazam: Fury of the Gods there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Saw the Justice Society animated movie recently. It was really cool. Nice story, clean artstyle, great action. Really dug it. Also helps that the Flash was the main character, granted I like Wally more than Barry but still.
yeah the movie was definitely a goodie. Glad that DC decided to make a new and less edgy animated movie universe to have a rebirth sort of timeline

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A Commission of Duck King from Fatal Fury.

Probably the last new piece I'll make for a couple weeks. Got comic related stuff I'm working on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not exactly interested in another Morty alt, but shiny Ho-oh is lit. Fangirls stay winning.

Glad to see the Johto Villian arc is confirmed to be next. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Gen 2 TR Admins considering the game is using Team Rainbow Rocket Giovanni. Considering we're getting 3* Ground Gear this month, Classic/Gym Leader Giovanni I think has a decent shot of happening.

Above all else though Johto needed a buff more than any other region by far. Hopefully a Master Fair Lugia or Suicune will be leaked soon. Lyra/Kris/Karen/Koga have been waiting for EXs for a long time too.
I’m glad he’s seemingly a fire support. There’s only select few fire strikers that are really good. Hopefully he helps with that.

I’m betting Lugia with someone, or maybe Celebii with someone for the villain arc. Grassy terrain Celebii would make a lot of sense. Since people skipped Sonia because it wasn’t in the game and they didn’t expect it to come soon.Them putting out it right after she leaves feels possible.

Silver and Weavile is another option I hope happens. I could see classic Giovanni being a quest like Blue and Arcanine. Overall I’m glad johto is getting more attention because we really needed it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean this season is pretty much simp-wise her vs Kongming vs Hayasaka.

**** its hard this season.

And doubly so since Shikimori fell flat on its face.
It's funny cause Shikimori looked like another anime with the same audience as Komi, Dress Up Darling, Nagataro and all that but then a soft assassin, her comically serious husband and their neurodivergent demon blew it the **** back

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's funny cause Shikimori looked like another anime with the same audience as Komi, Dress Up Darling, Nagataro and all that but then a soft assassin, her comically serious husband and their neurodivergent demon blew it the **** back
Problem with Shikimori was the main character. His unluckiness got boring quick. Shikimori herself looks cool and the show looked a bit distinctive enough but it needed a lot more.

Spy x Family has been just amazing. Just amazing.

And then of course Ya Boy Kongming has been well done. Zombieland Saga fans like myself are right at home here. I mean that OP:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ever notice how similar both Heisei Gamera and Legendary Godzilla really are?

Ancient guardians whose goal is to keep balance only awakening again as a result of an ancient enemy of theirs they had history with (Gyaos for Gamera, MUTOs for Godzilla), both awakening as a result of pollution who if left unchecked would spell doom for all living life.

Even in one film, they seemingly go "rogue". Gamera becoming more destructive due his connection to humanity being lost, Godzilla seemingly turning on humanity when in reality he's searching for the source of Mechagodzilla.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if Legendary took some inspiration from the Heisei Gamera Trilogy because the two Legendary Godzilla films are so similar to the first two Heisei Gamera films.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just saying, only one of these characters has being a genius at the center of their characterization
It's fallacious to assume one must be right just because he's smarter, especially when his specialty is in engineering and not etymology.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's fallacious to assume one must be right just because he's smarter, especially when his specialty is in engineering and not etymology.
Sonic the Hedgehog is also not well versed in etymology, your point is moot. Additionally, many mechanical objects use common root words. Tails might be able to extrapolate knowledge from devices. Furthermore, ancient Hydrocitites might have created some of the things still in use and assigned their name to it, not dissimilar to a Swiss Army Knife or a Hamburger.

Tldr; you're wrong + it's hydrocity + ratio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom