• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I remember Blockbuster mostly for all the games that I couldn't rent because I wasn't allowed to own a system until I was 9 years old. :drsad:

I do remember pre-ordering Pokemon the First Movie on VHS with my younger brother after we couldn't convince our parents to see it in theaters. If I had to guess though, Digimon the Movie was probably the Movie rented the most.

Parents would usually allow us a rental once every two weeks and to get McDonalds next door. There was no limit for renting from the library though.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember browsing movies at Blockbuster, buying all kinds of brands of movie candy there (as long as it didn't contain or have risk of cross contamination with peanuts) and playing new video games on the game system they have for demos there. The latter was a later addition. They posters for film like The Terminator decorating the walls. Every visit I had there was honestly fun, and I can't say that about a lot of stores I frequently visited as a kid.

Tbh, once the pandemic ends I could eventually see movie stores like Blockbuster making a comeback. If there's ever issues with the internet or a digital video or streaming service ever goes down, there's a chance everything you could've watched on there gets lost. Having physical copies of films on DVDs can still be pretty beneficial.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
uncommon Disney W:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I guess there's always a market for physical media but let's be real if Brick and Motor rental stores were to comeback it's gonna be hella niche, especially in the age of streaming, downloading, and piracy. Physical rentals are just not worth the time anymore in the 21st century. And that's exactly why Blockbuater died while Blu-Ray is still alive.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll also never forget buying/renting a new movie, and the DVD suddenly warning 8 year old me not to steal cars and pirate films set to hardcore metal/techno music.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
CoD is pretty much U.S. Military propaganda but um... did I miss a part of US history where Godzilla and King Kong started fighting in the middle of the warzone?

Did that happen in Vietnam? Can you confirm Shroob?
I think that part is with the part where you fight an eye of the dragon that eats the tree Yggdrasil on the Titanic.

Yes what I described does happen although in the Zombie mode only. Said mode also has stuff that is basically discount Cthulhu... and vampires and werewolves.

Can the mode even be called zombies anymore?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
CoD is pretty much U.S. Military propaganda but um... did I miss a part of US history where Godzilla and King Kong started fighting in the middle of the warzone?

Did that happen in Vietnam? Can you confirm Shroob?
Why would he know? He wasn't even there, as the draft only took people 25 years and younger.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember seeing a Blockbuster once, but I don’t remember ever being in one.

I just remembering seeing a Blockbuster sign while my parents were taking me and my siblings to watch a movie or something and I thought “Block buster like in Minecraft.”

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Coming by quickly since I know lots of peoples here are interested in Sonic as a franchise & Sega and the behind the scene. This video shed alot of light on that front, so give it a watch if you have time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
streaming service ever goes down
I don't think a streaming service going down would help revive video rentals, I think having too many of them would.

Technically, the Blockbuster-killing convenience of streaming still exists, but it's far more expensive now to get all the content that was on Netflix 10 years ago. Of course there's piracy, which while not expensive at all is not something everyone does. Really the only competition the concept of reviving movie rental stores have is Redbox, but I swear those things only have the past 365 days' worth of movies and they don't lend you games anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom