• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Praise the sun

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Deity race:

1650811309996.png

“I am called Deity Amon-Ra. Raise your head and look up to Sun ye Mighty, for We are One and All.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Egyptian mythology. Amon was a major god of wind whose name meant “the hidden one”. With the rule of Ahmose, he was combined with the god of Sun Ra, and fertility god Min, becoming Amon-Ra. In this form, he was a self-created creator deity who symbolized imperial excellence. He upholds the rights of the weak and poor, rescuing the sinners who pray to him for forgiveness. A major place of his worship was the Precinct of Amon-Ra.

Skills: Samarecarm, Maragibarion, Mahamabarion, Megidolaon

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Drake race.

Aside from the obvious sun motif on his chest, this design of Amon-Ra cleverly incorporates two of his lesser-known symbols: a scepter and a headdress with two plumes. He’s the father of Khonsu, which may explain the visual similarities between them. As far as I can tell, it wasn’t common to depict Amon-Ra with green skin but that may just be related to how many gods he consisted of. Zeus is often shown to be his Greek counterpart, to give a sense of his magnitude.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
y'know

It's ironic that Nintendo is improving NSO emulation and most likely planning on adding more consoles soon given leaks.

'Cause

A huge reason I was excited to emulate on Steam Deck was because of the lack of rereleases

But now rereleases from companies like Nintendo, Sega, and more are making that a little obsolete.

Which means, in a cosmic sort of way, I win. This is what I wanted. :026:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The first thing I thought of when I saw toasters being posted above was the Heywood Banks song about toast.

I have no idea how it is still in my head after over 10 years, but it was very catchy for the time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The story of that artist is wild.

Like iirc they got exposed for grooming and a catfish (Tina doesn't exist, it's some dude named David) but because Twitter moment he's still allowed to have a platform.

Art Twitter is wild
This guys a creep

but

I like his sexy pictures

So he’s good 👍

MooMew64

Oh yeah, speaking of emulation:

I decided to not try to run Citra on Steam Deck ATM. 3DS emulation just isn't optimized yet for lower end hardware and does not play nice on Deck at all: Some games are okay and only have minor stutters (Metroid: Samus Returns), while some have massive performance issues, even running Native 3DS resolutions (Kirby Planet Robobot). I would probably be willing to leave them on and continue experimenting if I had a bigger SD card, but my current one is almost full. I may consider running them on their own, but I wanna avoid SD card swapping as much as possible; Dunno if Steam OS would like it.

It's either an issue with Citra not playing nicely with the Deck's custom AMD GPU, or Citra simply being too much of a performance hog. It's a 50/50, and given my limited space restrictions, I'd much rather wait until I have a larger SD card before revisiting this. Probably will just stream my 3DS games or stay on OG hardware for now. :drshrug:

On the plus side, I have Sonic Generations pretty much fully optimized and running near flawless thanks to the D3D11 mod. Planning a video shortly here to help the Sonic community get these games up and running on Deck; Just need to solidify if there's any possible way to get the ReLoaded II mod loader working, as that's needed for both Heroes and I'm assuming the native Riders PC port modding. Also need to test the Mania mod loader.

MooMew64

Honestly

My dream PC is one that can dual boot into Windows and Manjaro linux. One half partioned to Windows, the other Manjaro.

Would be PERFECTION.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly

My dream PC is one that can dual boot into Windows and Manjaro linux. One half partioned to Windows, the other Manjaro.

Would be PERFECTION.
I already dual boot Windows 7 and EndeavourOS. Its supposed "terminal centrism" is surprisingly overblown, installing Discover does away with it unless you need software from the AUR.

But even as someone who advocates for Linux gaming, I can't help but stick on Windows 7 for the most part, and it's for a really weird reason: I don't wanna hafta redownload my Steam library. Copypasting folders kind of helps, but you still have to redownload at least half of the game data.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh my god that panel sliding puzzle in Wind Waker

Edit: Apparently it only gives you rupees. Thank god, because I really didn't want to suffer through 16 levels of this for a heart piece lol.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can anyone tell me why I get an error message when I try to upload pictures that I download from my imagur but I don't get any errors when I download a picture I uploaded to Twitter first

Also for the love of God add reasons why I can't upload a picture in the error instead of it just saying "something went wrong". it is extremely unhelpful and annoying

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom