• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I knew Project M and Project+ have Smash Wiki articles but I didn't know 64 Remix has one too.

Hopefully PMEX Remix will be next.

D

Deleted member

How was it?
Sadly couldn't finish the movie right now as I'm feeling way too sleepy and decided to put It on pause to go to bed.

So far I really enjoyed It doh, a crime mystery movie with dope action scenes and a strong cast of actors Who really give It all. The music is also great.

But yeah, gonna go to sleep for a bit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sadly couldn't finish the movie right now as I'm feeling way too sleepy and decided to put It on pause to go to bed.

So far I really enjoyed It doh, a crime mystery movie with dope action scenes and a strong cast of actors Who really give It all. The music is also great.

But yeah, gonna go to sleep for a bit.
Sleep well my friend.

Hopefully you enjoy the rest of it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched X-Men: Dark Phoenix last night, since it's one of the two X-Men movies that I haven't seen. (it was that or New Mutants)

I went in figuring it would be entertainingly bad or at least groan-worthy, like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but it was okay at best. The opening scene where Professor X is recruiting Jean for the school was good, and the relationship between Jean and Cyclops was handled much better than in the original movies, but it felt like nothing really happened in it.

The inclusion of aliens seems like a strange turn for a series that (barring the inclusion of mutants) has generally tried to remain grounded, though I haven't read much of the original X-Men comics, so maybe aliens have more of an involvement in the franchise by the time of the Dark Phoenix saga. Quicksilver and Storm didn't get much to do, and Jennifer Lawrence was clearly only in this to fulfill a contract obligation, because she didn't put much effort into her acting here.

All in all, not as bad as the likes of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: The Last Stand, or X-Men: Apocalypse, but nowhere near the heights of Logan, Deadpool, and Deadpool 2. It was okay - it had some good moments, but all in all it wasn't very memorable, and it's a weird way to effectively close out Fox's run on the X-Men. (there's still the New Mutants, but by my understanding, that's not really connected to anything else)

Still, it's inspired me to look into Chris Claremont's run on the X-Men, even if it's to see how the Dark Phoenix saga was actually handled, and it has me wondering how the MCU is going to handle the team (both in terms of how mutants will be established and who the team will consist of).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Good morning, Smashboards (and Smashboards users); Decided to stop lurking and actually contribute to the thread for once. How are we doing on this beautiful Monday morning?

I've got a lot of school-related stuff going for me today, so yeah. Not exactly looking forward to all that.
Vibin

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Good morning, Smashboards (and Smashboards users); Decided to stop lurking and actually contribute to the thread for once. How are we doing on this beautiful Monday morning?

I've got a lot of school-related stuff going for me today, so yeah. Not exactly looking forward to all that.
bored as hell and still have a ear infection to boot so I can't even listen to my tunes

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

1650290427793.png

“My name is Yoma Dis. Salutations. I see that my assistance can be useful.”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Nordic mythology. A dís (“lady”) is a deity or ghost of fate and can be a protective spirit, as well as a malevolent one. Their origin is possibly those of fertility goddesses that are associated with the worship of the spirits of the dead. Valkyries, Norns, and Vaettir are all categorized as disir. Dísablót was a festivity where people celebrated them.

Skills: Lullaby, Mazanma, Makajam, Mediarama

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Element race.

According to her designer, Dis being bald is a reference to Asian nuns. Weird inspiration but okay. With the lack of concrete references, I think she’s great at exuding an air of mystery, especially with her cape and tattoos. She also has some haunting skill animations that you wouldn’t expect from her looks. Like some other demons that were added mainly to promote Nocturne’s evolution gimmick, I think she’s one of the more solid ones.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh you poor soul...Why would you endure yourself to watch that torture?
I looked up the X-Men movies and realized that it was one of the two that I hadn't seen haha. Figured it would be like Fant4stic, where it would be entertainingly bad.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wonder if Hercules will appear given Zeus is in this.

I think Henry Cavil would make for a decent Hercules in the MCU.

Or they could get Dwayne Johnson again.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thor trying to retire
Cooler Thor probably delaying her cancer taking full control of her health
Valkyrie wanting love and to be a bomb ass leader
Korg being Korg
…but is Meek still a living gamer?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wonder if Hercules will appear given Zeus is in this.

I think Henry Cavil would make for a decent Hercules in the MCU.

Or they could get Dwayne Johnson again.
I hope they are more comfortable with queer characters after the Eternals, tbh.

It's going to be so weird if we get Hercules in movies and he keeps talking about how much loves being straight.

D

Deleted member

Just took some rest and while I do feel slightly better I may take some more rest in a few minutes.

As for the Thor Love & Thunder trailer: It looks quite cool. I love that they are going full on comic book with this one, albeit I was expecting more of Taika Waititi's comedic style on the trailer. Looking forward to It.

And yeah, I agree with osby osby about wanting more queer characters in the MCU. Mostly because I as a bi person would appreciate It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom