• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Black Adam
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Jurassic World: Dominion
Lightyear
Minions 2: Rise of Gru
The Batman
Thor: Love and Thunder
Untitled Mario film

My predictions so far regarding the top ten highest-grossing films by the end of this year. As usual, the superhero genre is gonna dominate.

Though I'm still having a feeling Black Panther 2 is gonna get delayed given the production mess it's in.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
aye yo DC…
68C035A9-B7B7-4388-B91C-5D67B6B46B90.jpeg

…why are y’all killing the Justice League next Tuesday, yet are also going to have Bruce, Clark, Diana, and Arthur be in new comic storylines all the way to July…while Dark Crisis, set after the deaths, is taking place…and everything occurring takes place in the same univers at different points in time while having the crisis be the present?

if I was leading DC, I’d be scrapping and delaying a whole lotta comics just to make sure every comic is set at the exact same time period. It’d be less confusing that way.

maybe this is one of the things WBD will be working on

D

Deleted member

osby osby Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! dezeray112 dezeray112 Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

Yeah, I still really like this movie on second rewatch... Although I have some minor stuff to talk about but we'll go in parts.

For starters: Batman and Jim Gordon are the highlights of the movie for me. These have to be my favourite versions of the characters since the DCAU's Batman Animated Series. They have a really powerful dynamic, the way they work together through the main case of the movie is fascinating and just the way Bruce Wayne goes so far to trust Jim Gordon for genuiely anything speaks volumes of how he really values him as a person.

Robert Pattinson does a really great version of the character: going through a powerful arc on the movie about how careful and troublesome his influence on the people of Gotham can get if he isn't cautious with It. The way he goes from relying so much on violence to becoming the symbol of hope for the city at the end of the movie is really well done.

Catwoman, the Penguin and Carmine Falcone are also some cool parts of this movie. It is interesting to see how their plots all connect together into this big investigation and how each of their arcs conclude for the most part in a satisfying way. Collin Farrel specially does a shockingly great performance physically, going through a Christian Bale-level makeover for the role.

The action scenes are also really well shot and amazing. The highlights for me are the opening fight scene of the movie (which sets the world and setting of the movie incredibly well) and the Batmobile scene. All with an incredible score made by Michael Giacchino (from Incredibles and MCU Spider-Man fame among other things).

With all that said however... There's something about this movie which weirds me out in various ways about the movie, and that is The Riddler himself.
Maybe this is me being someone who lives with Asperger and ADHD among other things... But maybe I am getting kinda tired of seeing people with problems as villains for the most part? It's tough for me to explain in English, but I feel Riddler could have been done the same almost dope way they did in the movie if they didn't give him mental problems. Probably why I currently appreciate Moon Knight a lot at the moment.
That's mostly a me thing doh, maybe other people don't have as much of a problem with that. For the rest he's a really intense and powerful villain.

So yeah, I'd give this movie an 8.5 out of 10. I would really reccomend It to Batman fans, and I'm looking forward to the rumoured Penguin and Arkham shows based on It.

With all that said, gonna go get some more rest or food.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Kirby and The Forgotten Land might just have one of the most charming and memorable set of boss fights I've ever seen in a platformer.

And then there's Wispy Woods who's just...there. Like ol' Wispy has its own charm but it feels a bit out of place this time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! dezeray112 dezeray112 Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

Yeah, I still really like this movie on second rewatch... Although I have some minor stuff to talk about but we'll go in parts.

For starters: Batman and Jim Gordon are the highlights of the movie for me. These have to be my favourite versions of the characters since the DCAU's Batman Animated Series. They have a really powerful dynamic, the way they work together through the main case of the movie is fascinating and just the way Bruce Wayne goes so far to trust Jim Gordon for genuiely anything speaks volumes of how he really values him as a person.

Robert Pattinson does a really great version of the character: going through a powerful arc on the movie about how careful and troublesome his influence on the people of Gotham can get if he isn't cautious with It. The way he goes from relying so much on violence to becoming the symbol of hope for the city at the end of the movie is really well done.

Catwoman, the Penguin and Carmine Falcone are also some cool parts of this movie. It is interesting to see how their plots all connect together into this big investigation and how each of their arcs conclude for the most part in a satisfying way. Collin Farrel specially does a shockingly great performance physically, going through a Christian Bale-level makeover for the role.

The action scenes are also really well shot and amazing. The highlights for me are the opening fight scene of the movie (which sets the world and setting of the movie incredibly well) and the Batmobile scene. All with an incredible score made by Michael Giacchino (from Incredibles and MCU Spider-Man fame among other things).

With all that said however... There's something about this movie which weirds me out in various ways about the movie, and that is The Riddler himself.
Maybe this is me being someone who lives with Asperger and ADHD among other things... But maybe I am getting kinda tired of seeing people with problems as villains for the most part? It's tough for me to explain in English, but I feel Riddler could have been done the same almost dope way they did in the movie if they didn't give him mental problems. Probably why I currently appreciate Moon Knight a lot at the moment.
That's mostly a me thing doh, maybe other people don't have as much of a problem with that. For the rest he's a really intense and powerful villain.

So yeah, I'd give this movie an 8.5 out of 10. I would really reccomend It to Batman fans, and I'm looking forward to the rumoured Penguin and Arkham shows based on It.

I agree with you on Riddler. It's a pretty cliche way of trying to make a villain feel more dangerous.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Glad to know you enjoyed my dude.

D

Deleted member

I agree with you on Riddler. It's a pretty cliche way of trying to make a villain feel more dangerous.
Ikr? And It also kinda reinforces that really dangerous mentallity of people with mental health issues being all unstable or dangerous to their surroundings.
Even though that I myself have met people with similar conditions as I through associations and various psychologists and they have all turn out to be really genuine and cool people who wish no harm.

Probably why I appreciate the character of Steven Grant so far in the Moon Knight show: that part of episode 3 where he was figuring out the ancient map with Marc's girlfriend was really well done and showed how different and alright people like us can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I drew Mega Man X again, this time it's the Giga Armor/Second Armor from X2. Hadn't done this version yet. You can expect the weapon variants soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Oh look, a potential promotional art of Sonic Origins:

osby osby M MooMew64 CannonStreak CannonStreak
Yeah, I saw that on another forum. You think we will get news on Origins and maybe Frontiers this week?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh look, a potential promotional art of Sonic Origins:

osby osby M MooMew64 CannonStreak CannonStreak
It legit nearly was a year since we saw this lmao. It better ****in be Taxman stuff

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I saw that on another forum. You think we will get news on Origins and maybe Frontiers this week?
That would be really cool if we got a Sonic Origins trailer shadowdropped, although I personally feel we will have to wait a slight bit.

For Frontiers I would wait until whatever replaces E3 this year, as that is intended to be the big game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That would be really cool if we got a Sonic Origins trailer shadowdropped, although I personally feel we will have to wait a slight bit.

For Frontiers I would wait until whatever replaces E3 this year, as that is intended to be the big game.
Eh, I think Sonic Frontiers news will come sooner than E3. Maybe at a Sonic Central event?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Kirby's Avalanche, a puzzle game for the SNES. It's pretty much a Puyo Puyo reskin, but notable in the fact that Kirby is a jerk to pretty much everyone.
reskin Puyo Puyo to Nintendo/Sega IPs Americans are familiar with because Puyo Puyo is too "cutesy"
choose Kirby for the SNES reskin and have Carbuncle stay in the Genesis one

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
News on Origins and Frontier would be neat.

But I doubt it's gonna be this week.

Nor this month.

Remember Sonic Prime?
I do, what about it?

Maybe the news for Frontiers and Origins will come tomorrow...

Or the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the nex-Shot

Sorry, but I had to.

D

Deleted member

News on Origins and Frontier would be neat.

But I doubt it's gonna be this week.

Nor this month.

Remember Sonic Prime?
I'm also really interested on Sonic Prime, yeah.

Don't know where we would get news on It (unless Netflix has their own Showcase event thing) but I suppose it's gonna be quite the wait too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom