• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also unpopular opinion, but I prefer the YuYu Hakusho sub over the dub. I don't think the dub aged particularly well and I live for Shigeru Chiba, Nozomu Sasaki, Noboyuki Hiyama and Megumi Ogata's voices and performances as the main cast. Absolute legends

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Every year I've watched the Heisei Gamera Trilogy in the English dub. It took me so long to notice how awkward and corny that I've now decided watching it in the original subbed version. The dialogue a lot better.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also unpopular opinion, but I prefer the YuYu Hakusho sub over the dub. I don't think the dub aged particularly well and I live for Shigeru Chiba, Nozomu Sasaki, Noboyuki Hiyama and Megumi Ogata's voices and performances. Absolute legends
I hold a special connection with YuYu Hakusho dub so I'd watch the dub over the sub any day. Same with Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, ect

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
AMA should've gone up last night but oh well, drawing it for tonight, hopefully

In the meantime, if any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM
it's been awhile but I assume since I've already had 2 amas before(on my 2 now-deleted accounts), I can't be added to the list, correct?

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I hold a special connection with YuYu Hakusho dub so I'd watch the dub over the sub any day. Same with Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, ect
I only watched it for the first time when it came out on Netflix in my country a few years back so I defaulted to the dub. I tried to watch the sub later and I don't think it works as well in this day and age

For Cowboy Bebop though I watched the dub, I think it fits the vibe of the show better

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, random dub trivia. Did you know Italy dubbed even their own movies? They shot the movies without sound and the lines were recorded after filming was finished.
I know it wasn't uncommon in Europe to do this. Turkish movies also did this a lot back between the 60s and 80s.

It makes the shots go faster as you don't need to retake every time the mics pick the wrong sound. You also get the use actors who look good onscreen but aren't necessarily talented in articulation (and vice versa).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ya'll are gonna jump on me for this one, but I have such a strong nostalgia value and unironic enjoyment of the spanish Pretty Cure theme song that It has to be my favourite besides the Pitchy Pitchy Pitch theme:

IMG_20211008_201301.jpg

Oh my god i ****ing love pretty cures first opening

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I feel as if dubs get a bad rep because early on they were some straight ass, but as things got more professional and translation got better, they're just as enjoyable, sometimes even more enjoyable, but people are still stuck in that 80s mentality that they all suck.

Then there's also weebs being elitist as **** but that's an entirely different story.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Then there's also weebs being elitist as **** but that's an entirely different story.
I'm gonna be honest, I gotta get out of this mentality a bit

Like, I sit back and think to myself "why does it matter what version you watch?" whenever this topic comes up, and really, it doesn't. At least, not to an extreme degree.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, also dubs would have a better rep if Funimation stopped giving characters stereotypical accents just because.

I know it adds flavor to performance sometimes but man, I watched Vampire Dies in No Time recently and I couldn't understand half the stuff that came out of Draluc's mouth.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Tbh, I feel as if dubs get a bad rep because early on they were some straight ass, but as things got more professional and translation got better, they're just as enjoyable, sometimes even more enjoyable, but people are still stuck in that 80s mentality that they all suck.

Sub elitists make me wanna watch dubs of their fav anime just to spite them

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh yeah, also dubs would have a better rep if Funimation stopped giving characters stereotypical accents just because.

I know it adds flavor to performance sometimes but man, I watched Vampire Dies in No Time recently and I couldn't understand half the stuff that came out of Draluc's mouth.
Dont make fun of me but at leaste with Hetalia, I was able to understand the characters who represented said countris

I have a soft spot of France. Not only is he my fav, but hes also voiced by J Michael Tatum
...yeah, that's what they want.
Dub, oops i meant dub. Damn fat fingers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Woah, the Creator of Tokyo Ghoul made a Moon Knight poster

dezeray112 dezeray112

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Shoutouts for Funi for casting Chris Sabat for every anime black dude and then making his speech incomprehensible for no reason.

Oh wait, Chris casted himself 💀💀💀

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m both worried and curious

Status