• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I’m both worried and curious
That seems pretty good to me, except for maybe the Joker connection.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Shoutouts for Funi for casting Chris Sabat for every anime black dude and then making his speech incomprehensible for no reason.

Oh wait, Chris casted himself 💀💀💀
So were Keith Silverstein, Imari Williams, Xeno Robinson, Gabe Kunda, Lee George, Kevin Thelwell and every other black anime voice actor busy or something?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So were Keith Silverstein, Imari Williams, Xeno Robinson, Gabe Kunda, Lee George, Kevin Thelwell and every other black anime voice actor busy or something?
Xeno Robinson and Keith Silverstein are busy voicing some cookie in Cookie run atm /s

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean I guess? This wasn't the first time they did that, I know they had Monica Rial voice a black girl in some other anime with a forced "blaccent" and god was it bad.

I do appreciate Funi trying to make the effort of hiring casting more black peeps because some of the performances are just... no.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So long as we get actual good Superman content again and none of Snyder's Ayn Rand bull**** I'm all for it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean I guess? This wasn't the first time they did that, I know they had Monica Rial voice a black girl in some other anime with a forced "blaccent" and god was it bad.

I do appreciate Funi trying to make the effort of hiring casting more black peeps because some of the performances are just... no.
Oh, I thought you were referring to something recent.

I think Keith would’ve been the only one on the radar around that time

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I thought you were referring to something recent.

I think Keith would’ve been the only one on the radar around that time
While I won't deny that Keith was undoubtedly the most popular one at the time, there were definitely some options they could have gone for during that time. There were some that worked on Naruto, Android 18's original actor was, and there are some more that they could have used.

They just didn't and as a result we got some uh... possibly racist performances.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Shoutouts for Funi for casting Chris Sabat for every anime black dude and then making his speech incomprehensible for no reason.

Oh wait, Chris casted himself 💀💀💀
I really wish Funimation had Samuel L Jackson for the voice actor of Garterbelt because he actually did do work in the anime Afro Samurai.

But I'm also a white guy and I don't know if black people find him too generic

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While I won't deny that Keith was undoubtedly the most popular one at the time, there were definitely some options they could have gone for during that time. There were some that worked on Naruto, Android 18's original actor was, and there are some more that they could have used.

They just didn't and as a result we got some uh... possibly racist performances.
I meant out of the ones I listed, but yeah I see what you mean

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I really wish Funimation had Samuel L Jackson for the voice actor of Garterbelt because he actually did do work in the anime Afro Samurai.

Well I'm black and I can say that idrc if Samuel L. Jackson is generic, it's Samuel L. Jackson.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’m fairly certain Marvel would’ve kept him busy around that time

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"They want a Kevin Feige-like leader"

James Gunn: Am I a joke to you?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Your an AC fan just grab your net
You see, the problem here is that requires me getting near it
Pumpkaboo when someone asks him why he hasn't left the house in four days:
My dad: dinner is ready!

Me: i cant. There is a roach out there somewhere. Im not strong enough. Im sorry

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't really think much about dubs or subs, mostly just go with the version which has voices of my taste.

Also, found this cool trailer for an upcoming Sonic 3 Air mod based on the new Sonic movie.
Hiding under the spoiler tag doh because It contains some spoilers.

Gonna tag osby osby CannonStreak CannonStreak and M MooMew64 so they check It out.
YOOOOOOOO

That's legit the best Tails sprite I've seen for Sonic 3 AIR, that's rad, dude.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
switching from an IOS phone to an Android one has been a... interesting experience so far.

My muscle memory needs readjusting and I keep making stipid typos because of it

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Welp! Got put on blast by my teacher today because of my autism.
View attachment 350291
Wait, was it because of something they attributed to your autism, or because you have autism?

cause uh, idk if other school districts are similar but at the one i go at I have an IEP for and that kinda stuff wouldn't be tolerated, staff or no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom