• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
How hard is it?
For me it wasn’t too hard until the last boss (I had trouble with the second to last boss as well, but I only died once against him), but I did need to heal multiple times beforehand (so I ate all the tomatoes) + I used the fourth sword ability the whole time, which feels like maybe the strongest ability in the game. You can also restart the fight you died in if you pay some star coins, not needing to restart the whole mode.

edit: I forgot, I also died once against Meta Knight; one of his attacks took me by surprise, twice.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Things are really about to get out of hand in the Multiverse:

So Billy and Tommy who were last seen in WandaVision are both making their return.
Not really interested in the MCU anymore but if Kathryn Hahn’s in the post-credit scene or something I will be seated in the theatre on day 1.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Saw Sonic 2 early (my friend somehow gave me a pirated copy that was in good quality), here's my review:

It's bad. Sonic's CGI is terrible and looks like seizure vomit. The Porygon episode looks better than that. The writing is also terrible. No jokes, no laughter. Pontac and Graff could write a better script with their eyes closed. And speaking of, Sonic's stupid friends ruin the movie. Sonic already had an established friend group of Tom and Maddie, so WHY did they feel the need to introduce more friends? Also, the VA. Idk who they got to voice Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but damn is it bad. SEGA should stop replacing VAs, tbh they have never since the 4Kids cast got replaced. Oh, and don't get me started on the ending reveal? The ****ing WEREHOG? **** slowed the movie down to a crawl, and it makes no sense. Stupid gimmick, stupid choices.

Overall, 3/10 Sonic's bad.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched the second episode of Moon Knight:

Man, there is quite a conflict between Steven and Marc about who regains the body throughout the episode. Poor Steven, he had lost his job at the museum as a result of what happened and then meeting Layla who is Marc's wife which is something Steven is unaware of. At least Mr. Knight makes its debut and now that Arthur Harrow has the scarab and now Marc (who has regained his body temporarily) now in Egypt, it will be interesting to see how the next episode unfolds.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So y'all. You've seen Sonic yet in your countries or when do you plan to see it?

Already have plans with my dad on Sunday as an early birthday father-son bonding.

Still an perfect example how to do a sequel and done right too. :D

osby

Smash Obsessed
So y'all. You've seen Sonic yet in your countries or when do you plan to see it?

Already have plans with my dad on Sunday as an early birthday father-son bonding.

I might see it this weekend but I don't have any real plans yet.

My plate is full with assignments and extracurricular work so I'll just see it when I have time.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shouldn't you save those praises for after you watch the movie?
Trailer already shows its going to be bigger and funner. Feels like Sonic as seen in the games.

The first one I understood was just setting things up, beginning small before going bigger. How things should be done.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you listen closely, you can hear it giving movie spoilers

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Drake race:

1649255756744.png

“I’M Drake Python. i'LL tEll tHE fUTuRe! I'll Be sOooOOO uSeFULLlLLllLLL!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Greek mythology. A serpent or dragon born from Gaia, that inhabits the center of the earth and guards Delphi, which ancient Greeks thought to be the center of the world. When Leto was impregnated by Zeus, the jealous Hera made Python chase her down to prevent her give birth. One of Leto’s kids, Apollo, found Python and killed it as revenge when he grew up, erecting his temple to Delphi and becoming a god of divination.

Skills: Wind Breath, Masukunda, Toxic Spray, Mamudoon

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Night race.

Delphi oracles used to smell toxic fumes coming out of the ground (which were supposedly Python’s breath) to get high see the future. So it makes perfect sense for Python to be made mostly of smoke, with a snake’s skull (because he’s dead) to remind us his actual identity. Admittedly, the concept could’ve went a bit harder but I think it does a pretty good job with a simple look.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, technically speaking, if I keep making Sonic 2 fake leaks, the one of them is bound to be correct.

Honey the Cat will appear in the Sonic Heroes movie, which is like the Sonic Avengers. The Heroes being Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Tom, and Honey.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
LETS GOOOOOO

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So watched the first two episodes of A Certain Magical Index this morning and man I really, really like Mikoto even more now.
Just one of her first lines being "Do you know what a railgun is?" before firing her signature move was glorious, therefore back to Biribiri.

I'm gonna hold off til tomorrow to watch more of it though.

I didn't know that they were called flying rats in other places but yeah, feeding seagulls is the quintessential ferry experience in Istanbul (along with having your snacks stolen by them).
Seagulls are one of the things that wake me up and make morning feel morning. Where I am they anything and everything and I really do mean that.

I find them more appealing to look at over pigeons. Those things ARE flying rats through and through.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Moon Knight/Proud Family combo is such a nice thing to have

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been a bit since I drew Samus. Tried my own take on Metroid Suit Samus, waited a while to draw this version since it was relatively new. I'm happy enough with the drawing itself.

KillerCage

Smash Master

I'll be seeing Sonc 2 this Saturday with my best friend.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Michael the Spikester is on Kevin Feige's payroll, spewing anti-Morbius propaganda to desperately try to keep his bargain bin universe relevant. Don't believe me? Spikester stands for "Sony Pictures' intellectual kino eliminator (on) Smashboards. The evil reigns.". Unfortunately for him, the MCU is floundering (literally not released a movie since Morbius) and the only Michael anyone gives a **** about is Doctor Michael Morbius.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Michael the Spikester is on Kevin Feige's payroll, spewing anti-Morbius propaganda to desperately try to keep his bargain bin universe relevant. Don't believe me? Spikester stands for "Sony Pictures' intellectual kino eliminator (on) Smashboards. The evil reigns.". Unfortunately for him, the MCU is floundering (literally not released a movie since Morbius) and the only Michael anyone gives a **** about is Doctor Michael Morbius.
He keeps hyping up The Batman. DC is paying him off, think about it. Vampires (like Morbious is) can turn into bats. DC got scared so they had to make their own RIP OFF Bat movie and rushed it. They only got lucky because Morbius got delayed (for perfection).

And yet, the Batman can only put up a measley 700m. Morbius made that in its opening NANOSECOND

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of superhero films, Ezra Miller (who plays Flash on the DC Extended Universe) was arrested recently.

Warner has been trying to come up with what to do in light of the situation, the most consensus is that all future projects with Ezra Miller go on pause, including potential future DC films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom