• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey gamers.

Been a while since I posted here & talked about games, so figured I came by & tell ya what I played lately. First one being:

1) Hades

Yup, finally gave it a shot on Switch and I ended up loving it so much that I played til I reached the credits + one more run before I decided to took break. Peoples weren't kidding when they say this game was good & addictive. Help too that dying over & over again is part of the experience & you end up both stronger & smarter with each run. My sister is also loving it so far but she hasn't reached once, so by playing other games on my PV in the mean time, she be able to play without too much problems. Which lead me to..

2) Bug Fables

Yea, after buying it a while, hearing so much about it & being myself a Paper Mario & Hollow Knight enjoyer. I finally started to play it recently. I'm still like, halfway through the game I think? But while the game is quite hard due to me deciding to play from the start on Hard Mode. (both for the challenge, the rewards & because i'm a masochist I guess) The game is only getting better & better in every way. While it's hard to not think PM due to it's clear influence. I'm honestly starting to love the world & character on their own merits, and that's all I could ask really.

Plus, I justed beated some hard normal & bonus boss, and while it wasn't easy. Getting best girl Chompy was hella worth it. Also I barely managed to beat a story boss despite having little items left & not being prepared for it in the slightest. (was looking for a NPC, not a boss lol) All thanks to the power of BERSERK on Leif. Venus Bless them.

Brief, despite the troubles & sometime frustations I get, I been having a fantastic time gaming wise. And I hope you all have fun too!

Oh and, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
Screen Shot 04-06-22 at 08.31 PM.PNG

HOLLOW KNIGHT REFERENCE REACHED, BAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. (also the place where I got the BERSERK badge & next to the bonus boss I was talking about. :p )

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've already locked in Spy x Family, Komi S2, and Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie as ones that I'll definitely be watching.

But I might pick up another if I hear enough positive buzz about it.
I'm super stoked about Spy x Family as it just looks amazing and Shikimori is gonna be funny.
I'm pretty much the same as you but replace Komi with Shield Hero Season 2. (Mixed views on that show but eh I'll watch it). Aharen-san looks nice from the first episode so I'm adding that.

Looking at the rest of the crowd:
Estab-Life has an interesting concept but Square having a mixed record of doing cross-media stuff makes me nervous, Demon Girl Next Door was alright but I'm not too interested in Season 2, there's a lot of sports anime this season so might get bored and pick one up, Tomodachi Game looks alright.

Not a bad season honestly and for the first time since last April one that I'm heavily invested in.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Next film I'm definitely going to see in the cinema is The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent aka Nic Cage is Nick Cage the movie. Watching the trailer gave me some laughs and I just know its dumb fun.

After that its the big one of Dr Strange. Super excited for that.
No interest in Sonic 2?

I mean I know not every film is for everyone but just curious is all.

As for me its that film, The Northman and The Bad Guys.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent I'll probably wait out on.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There was a problem fetching the tweet
IMPORTANT NEWS.

Hey gamers.

Been a while since I posted here & talked about games, so figured I came by & tell ya what I played lately. First one being:

1) Hades

Yup, finally gave it a shot on Switch and I ended up loving it so much that I played til I reached the credits + one more run before I decided to took break. Peoples weren't kidding when they say this game was good & addictive. Help too that dying over & over again is part of the experience & you end up both stronger & smarter with each run. My sister is also loving it so far but she hasn't reached once, so by playing other games on my PV in the mean time, she be able to play without too much problems. Which lead me to..

2) Bug Fables

Yea, after buying it a while, hearing so much about it & being myself a Paper Mario & Hollow Knight enjoyer. I finally started to play it recently. I'm still like, halfway through the game I think? But while the game is quite hard due to me deciding to play from the start on Hard Mode. (both for the challenge, the rewards & because i'm a masochist I guess) The game is only getting better & better in every way. While it's hard to not think PM due to it's clear influence. I'm honestly starting to love the world & character on their own merits, and that's all I could ask really.

Plus, I justed beated some hard normal & bonus boss, and while it wasn't easy. Getting best girl Chompy was hella worth it. Also I barely managed to beat a story boss despite having little items left & not being prepared for it in the slightest. (was looking for a NPC, not a boss lol) All thanks to the power of BERSERK on Leif. Venus Bless them.

Brief, despite the troubles & sometime frustations I get, I been having a fantastic time gaming wise. And I hope you all have fun too!

Oh and, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
View attachment 349585
HOLLOW KNIGHT REFERENCE REACHED, BAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. (also the place where I got the BERSERK badge & next to the bonus boss I was talking about. :p )
Ooooh, I had no clue that Bug Fables has a Hollow Knight reference! Cool!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
IMPORTANT NEWS.

There's actually a few more in the games (which isn't too surprising considering they're both succesful indie game that took old concept peoples loved & put a bug twist with them alongside new ideas of their own, that and HK came first). Tho I let ya search for them if you ever play BF. ;)

Also happy birthday to yar cat!

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT NEWS.

Cat!!! Happy birthday to da cat!
----
Does anyone mind if I vent for a bit about personal stuff? I feel like I really need to get this off my chest and it's not something I feel I can talk to my IRL friends about

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Cat!!! Happy birthday to da cat!
----
Does anyone mind if I vent for a bit about personal stuff? I feel like I really need to get this off my chest and it's not something I feel I can talk to my IRL friends about
I may not know you as well as some other people here do, though I don't mind regardless.

Sometimes just venting itself can really help when you've got a lot of stress on your mind, whatever the cause.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So with Chrono Cross unlocking for me in a few hours thought I'd show a visualisation of why I personally call the Switch "the console of dreams" for me:

Console of Dreams.jpg

Its crazy that a lot of these games I've wanted on the go has finally happened.

Series and games that I wanted to play for years - Atelier, No More Heroes, Chrono Cross (properly), Banjo-Kazooie and F-Zero X (via NSO), Deadly Premonition, FFXII.

Games I wanted to play on the go - Super Mario Galaxy, Civ VI, Tales of Vesperia, THPS, first Katamari game, Deemo I did hear about before.

Dream games I've wanted, some for years - a sequel to TWEWY, 3D Kirby Game, Smash Bros with some of my wanted in them, (recently) Laid Back Camp games, Pokemon game with a bit enough leap for me to get back in, (not really but connected) a Fate fighting game plus a few I forgot to add here.

No interest in Sonic 2?
Considering I'm starting a 9 to 5 job in a week and the person who I go with to the cinema is busy, can't happen for it.

IMPORTANT NEWS.
Ah! Neko da!

The cat is adorable.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Okay so basically, two of my friends got in a relationship recently. I'm happy for them and all but I quickly realized that I'm also jealous. I've had feelings for one of those friends for a few months now and I kept denying it to myself because I didn't want to shake up the group dynamic and also because I didn't know how she feels about relationships since she's ace, and I only came to terms with that fact as I was lying in bed just now. Doesn't help that we're also coworkers so I can't avoid thinking about it too much

And her bf is a also a very good friend of mine, they're like a brother to me. I'm seeing Sonic 2 with them this Friday

Obviously there's nothing I can do about them being in a relationship and I want to see them the same way I did before but the more I try to repress it the ****tier I feel. Doesn't help that I'm now the only person in my friend group who's seemingly interested in romance that hasn't been in a relationship and/or had sex

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My mom is a huge Jared Leto fan so we’re going to see Morbius today. Gonna find out if it really is as bad as people say.
Nonsense, Morbius is a cinematic masterpiece, about to make 50 trillion times more money than Gone With The Wind

Okay so basically, two of my friends got in a relationship recently. I'm happy for them and all but I quickly realized that I'm also jealous. I've had feelings for one of those friends for a few months now and I kept denying it to myself because I didn't want to shake up the group dynamic and also because I didn't know how she feels about relationships since she's ace, and I only came to terms with that fact as I was lying in bed just now. Doesn't help that we're also coworkers so I can't avoid thinking about it too much

And her bf is a also a very good friend of mine, they're like a brother to me. I'm seeing Sonic 2 with them this Friday

Obviously there's nothing I can do about them being in a relationship and I want to see them the same way I did before but the more I try to repress it the ****tier I feel. Doesn't help that I'm now the only person in my friend group who's seemingly interested in romance that hasn't been in a relationship and/or had sex
My advice is to take a drink of water or something and go to sleep, I swear there's a scientific study that shows that the brain getting exhausted leads to more negative mindsets. This may just be a temporary solution but remember, there's never a time limit for love and stuff and it's normal to feel jealousy of people having something you want. I can't help you with that as I unfortunately don't have the best advice for that nor am I in the best mindspace for complex feelings as I'm currently going through the most soulcrushing period in my life.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Oh, Jealousy huh? Yeah, happens to the best of us.

My advice? It's gonna sting, but don't internalize it.

I'll say more later if you want me to

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Games I wanted to play on the go - Super Mario Galaxy, Civ VI, Tales of Vesperia, THPS, first Katamari game, Deemo I did hear about before.
I feel like it's been so long since the Switch came out that people forget this little detail. The portability of the Switch is more than a gimmick, and I hope it sticks around for at least another console. Being able to play the types of games you get on the Switch but on the go is utterly insane. The last couple years of high school for me were some of the best just cuz everyone was bringing their Switch.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m off to see Sonic 2 lads!

I’ll tell you what I thought when I’m out. No spoilers, don’t worry!
**** it, imma spoil.

They had Peppa Pig steal the chaos emeralds wtf

Nah legit, the film was pretty damn cool. I definitely like it more than the first.

The pacing is a bit off, and the humans are still painfully uninteresting. But the Sonic stuff is radical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom