• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tiger & Bunny with all the advertisements removed might be one of the most cursed things I've ever seen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just watched the dc injustice movie and have to say pretty disappointed I really like the story the games have but this just wasn’t a good remake of it
Especially in the way how they just kill off Flash. Fastest hero alive who can think less then an attosecond and he dies from a sawblade when he could have vibrated himself out.

Nevermind the fact the metabolism in his body alone would phase out the fear toxin.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Demon Slayer is good for a starter anime, but other than the animation, I don't think it excels at anything. When I watched it, I had already seen a good amount of anime I enjoyed a lot, so it didn't stand out for me. I didn't watch the movie, and while I plan to watch the second season, I'm not in any hurry to get to it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Wilder race:

1646664145170.png

“I’m Wilder Chagrin. Uh… don’t make me work too hard, alright? I have a schedule to meet.”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Romani mythology. An evil spirit from Europe. It looks like a yellow hedgehog about a foot and a half in length. They attack horses at night and ride them to exhaustion. If a horse looks sick and weary in the morning, they require protection from chagrin. A ritual involving tying the leaving a red thread in the shape of a cross in front of the horse and reading a certain song in front of a special mixture would ward off these creatures.

Skills: Toxic Sting, Zio, Sukukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Herald race.

These Pikachu clones are getting out of hand. Chagrin is as obscure as a demon can get, and I think it’s a good addition to the games as low-level animalistic demons are not as common as they might look.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I enjoy Demon Slayer precisely because of its simplicity and "leave your brain at the door and have fun" levels of spectacle. Not every anime has to be super deep or completely reinvent the wheel to be worth the time investment. The show is doing exactly what it needs to do and quite well.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Unless Forbidden West has a huge shift in how the gameplay works from Zero Dawn then it's not really any wonder why barely any gameplay has been shared since it's come out.

You just run around collecting **** in a Ubisoft style open world so you can make arrows and have healing and then you shoot stuff with the bow with poor feedback. The game also just tells you everything so you don't get those moments of actually discovering new stuff like you (still!) get with BotW and now with Elden Ring.
I love how Horizon fans are like "it's so sad, our games have been overshadow twice by an another open world!!" (Botw and Elden ring)

But honestly, if you're game has been overshadowed twice... maybe the game is just not that good to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I actualy enjoyed my time with Zero dawn. But the game is basically "What if Ubisoft games were more polished and had an actual protagonist instead of an avatar". But those type of games (which I called "Open world that are not open") feels so dated even if it was released 5 years ago. The open world in those games have no purpose but to hide the loading times: instead of the game loading the locations of the mission you need to walk there. That's really it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Garfield hates Mondays…and I hate the replies his tweets gets

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I love how Horizon fans are like "it's so sad, our games have been overshadow twice by an another open world!!" (Botw and Elden ring)

But honestly, if you're game has been overshadowed twice... maybe the game is just not that good to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I actualy enjoyed my time with Zero dawn. But the game is basically "What if Ubisoft games were more polished and had an actual protagonist instead of an avatar". But those type of games (which I called "Open world that are not open") feels so dated even if it was released 5 years ago. The open world in those games have no purpose but to hide the loading times: instead of the game loading the locations of the mission you need to walk there. That's really it.
HZD wasn't necesaarily overshadowed. Would you call a game that sold 20 million by the time its sequel came out "overshadowed"?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Found the bug catcher.
Ariados, Galvantula and Araquanid gang

Also,

Matpat's on a roll this week LOLL

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean

As much as I definitely rag on PIKO for what they're doing

Nintendo does equally crummy things to game preservation, so

IDK

I'll probably still pick this up, but yeah it's a yikes moment

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Started exercising with my dad recently and it's completely different from playing Ring Fit Adventure in my room

I hate it but I also love it

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Apparently this stuff.

I'm only just now hearing about it, so IDK how much of it is true or not, but apparently, they are not the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom