• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only people that don't like these massive mass outbreaks are shiny hunters even tho shinies hold little to no value anyway. Imagine if GF made sninies have different colored moves or their moves has special animations then maybe id care for them

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Heyy, coming by just to say that I just finished my Half-Life journey! Fr the past few weeks/months, I been playing in order:

Half-Life 1
Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Echoes (A really dang good HL1 mod that fellow a nameless scientifist POV)
Half-Life 2
HL2: Episode 1
HL2: Episode 2
and finally
Black Mesa

If we count them, I also played & finished Portal 1 & 2, just before I played or finished any HL games in fact hehehe.

Suffice to say tho, despite some epic fails here and there and some GAMER rages at some sections. I greatly enjoyed my time with this series, and if there's any good ass HL mods that I can play in the future, you bet I will give them a try. So long my computer can handle it.

With that all said, next up is me finishing Doom 2016!

Portal Stories Mel is a fantastic Portal mod that you can install on its own

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
BHM: THE FINALE (bye bye negros!)

Well, it's come to an end. 28 Days of Black History, 28 days of fun. For the very last day, I'll be posting my own personal thoughts.
Tbh, this project was far harder than expected. It was tough finding black people in the industry, I had to jump through many loops and hurdles to find someone new. Was it worth? Yeah. But did it make me a little sad? Also yeah.

For those who were stuck under a rock and somehow weren't aware, I am a Black male who has hopes of making a fully fledged game one day. However, seeing the state of the gaming industrt doesn't give me hope. The lack of diversity and the blatant racism is one thing that's turns me off. Seeing people of my color make it through it does fill me with hope. They signed up knowing the issues, and yet they still made it through and made it work. But they all had the same sentiments: where the diversity at? And as for me, I really hope this industry sees a shake up or something.

ATM, if I were to do something, I'd go indie or work in a small team. I may be stromg, but working at AAA at the cost of my mentao health and prejudice ain't worth it imo. But I can applaud those strong enough to brave through it.

Regardless, just know this: I am a black male and I will not let the world forget that. They may try to trample on who I am, but I will get back up 10x stronger. This world doesn't belong to the majority.

I'd like to thank y'all for reading all 28 days, or skimming, or just liking without reading. I know a black person on the boards is like finding a shiny Pokemon, so I was kinda worried how y'all would take it, so I was very happy to see that y'all liked it. Happy February to the white folks, happy BHM to my ******.

Thank you!
It was nice reading these throughout the month. They always had pretty varied story’s, which I think is a good signs. It shows that while the industry isn’t perfect, a lot has changed thorugh the years. If your set on a goal, I’m confident you can make in the industry. It’s only a matter of time imo before things get even better for blacks, and everyone else who is being screwed over by the industry. With people unified to be outspoken about bad practices and gaining the eyes of everyday consumers, I think they can succeed in improving the industry for the better and accomplish even more great feats. It may take some time, but the wheels have definitely started turning. Thanks for going through all the hassle to educate everyone and share some really nice stories!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only people that don't like these massive mass outbreaks are shiny hunters even tho shinies hold little to no value anyway. Imagine if GF made sninies have different colored moves or their moves has special animations then maybe id care for them
I actually think it’s way better for shiny hunting. Not only do these outbreaks contain previously unobtainable or extremely rare Pokémon; they give you spawns if like 12 different t species. You can just save your game and reset until you checked every horde. At a 1 in 315 shiny rate, chances are you can walk away pretty well if you have some patience.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All the more reason for me to stan shiny Dragapult.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
BHM: THE FINALE (bye bye negros!)

Well, it's come to an end. 28 Days of Black History, 28 days of fun. For the very last day, I'll be posting my own personal thoughts.
Tbh, this project was far harder than expected. It was tough finding black people in the industry, I had to jump through many loops and hurdles to find someone new. Was it worth? Yeah. But did it make me a little sad? Also yeah.

For those who were stuck under a rock and somehow weren't aware, I am a Black male who has hopes of making a fully fledged game one day. However, seeing the state of the gaming industrt doesn't give me hope. The lack of diversity and the blatant racism is one thing that's turns me off. Seeing people of my color make it through it does fill me with hope. They signed up knowing the issues, and yet they still made it through and made it work. But they all had the same sentiments: where the diversity at? And as for me, I really hope this industry sees a shake up or something.

ATM, if I were to do something, I'd go indie or work in a small team. I may be stromg, but working at AAA at the cost of my mentao health and prejudice ain't worth it imo. But I can applaud those strong enough to brave through it.

Regardless, just know this: I am a black male and I will not let the world forget that. They may try to trample on who I am, but I will get back up 10x stronger. This world doesn't belong to the majority.

I'd like to thank y'all for reading all 28 days, or skimming, or just liking without reading. I know a black person on the boards is like finding a shiny Pokemon, so I was kinda worried how y'all would take it, so I was very happy to see that y'all liked it. Happy February to the white folks, happy BHM to my ******.

Thank you!
TheMightyP TheMightyP and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo now that BHM is over

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is receiving a free update in the summer to add rollback netcode, yet Switch isn't being included -- likely due to its inferior hardware making it difficult to implement. A shame, but it's understandable.

Now if we could just get a few P5 characters as DLC, that'd be perfect.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is receiving a free update in the summer to add rollback netcode, yet Switch isn't being included -- likely due to its inferior hardware making it difficult to implement. A shame, but it's understandable.

Now if we could just get a few P5 characters as DLC, that'd be perfect.
Monkey's paw: We get Persona 5 characters but they're all in middle school due to the time difference between the games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the only movie im intrested in is Jujitsu Kaisen but i still dont want to go into a theater during a pandemic... or at all actually
You don't want to go theaters because of the pandemic. I don't wanna go to theaters because I don't wanna smell musty weebs.
static-assets-upload11890277103548916619 (1).jpg

We are not the same

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In preparation for The Batman this week supposedly (If my friends aren't busy or working). I just might watch Batman (1989) and Batman Returns this week.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive made it to Robot Wars W's first route split.

Somebody on discord who's playing the fantranslation too spoiled me on what you get, route a gets you the titular gundam from Gundam wing and route b gets you Voltron.

Boomer weebs be like:

At this point in the story the Full metal panic and Gaogaigar characters have already been introduced.

this was how my friemd Digital Hazard was tweeting during Digimon con a few days ago. Apparently it was a bunch of nothing with JP only stuff
I joked about this last night.

At least were getting a new Digimon story game, that's great.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reviews seem to be very good for The Batman.

IGN gave it a 10/10.

Rotten Tomatoes has it sitting at 90% with 134 reviews.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
nobody here will get it when I say

Lexi > Cassie (cause **** her)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Decided to re-do the starter tier list from a few days ago
starter tier list_LI.jpg

I realized that after all these years, I may have been too harsh on Delphox. Still not for me but I think its design makes sense considering the theme they were going for.

On the other hand, the announcement of Gen 9 and the constant dread that the starters' evolutions will be humanoid made me reevaluate my opinion on Inteleon. I can't believe I used to consider it my favorite of this gen, it looks so lanky and creepy.

Other than a few more minor tweaks it's mostly the same as before, I will not be taking any criticism

Good Night My Gamers

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Jokes aside, here's some actual Pokemon speculation. For the last few generations, the animals the legendaries are based on had non-legendary versions the gen prior.

Sawsbuck (Deer) and Mandibuzz/Braviary (Vulture or Eagle) > Xerneas and Yveltal (I'm not quite sure what Yveltal is supposed to be, but a carrion bird is my best guess, some sort of eagle in second place. It's easily the weakest link in this theory, but Xerneas fits too well for me to ignore this gen)
Pyroar (Lion) and Noivern (Bat) > Solgaleo and Lunala
Lycanroc (Wolf with multiple forms) > Zacian/Zamazenta

If real, this means one or two Gen 8 Pokemon's animals might get a legendary.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jokes aside, here's some actual Pokemon speculation. For the last few generations, the animals the legendaries are based on had non-legendary versions the gen prior.

Sawsbuck (Deer) and Mandibuzz/Braviary (Vulture or Eagle) > Xerneas and Yveltal (I'm not quite sure what Yveltal is supposed to be, but a carrion bird is my best guess, some sort of eagle in second place. It's easily the weakest link in this theory, but Xerneas fits too well for me to ignore this gen)
Pyroar (Lion) and Noivern (Bat) > Solgaleo and Lunala
Lycanroc (Wolf with multiple forms) > Zacian/Zamazenta

If real, this means one or two Gen 8 Pokemon's animals might get a legendary.
Teapot and Whipped Cream legendaries. Finally.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No secret I'm an RPG guy, so I wanna share what new RPGs are on my radar for this year:
Xenoblade 3
Pokemon ScarVio
Live A Live
Dragon Quest 3make

I only have a Switch and a 2019 non gaming dedicated laptop 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom