• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Peeps still complaining about NatDex.

Like, I don't anything funny to add, I think the fact alone that it's still ruffling feathers is already the joke.
We were actually warned about this 3 years before we got Sword/Shield when Sun/Moon didn't provide Pokédex entries for those not native to the Alola region.

People need to be thankful Home still has the National Dex (and actually gives you a nice reward for completing it)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
We were actually warned about this 3 years before we got Sword/Shield when Sun/Moon didn't provide Pokédex entries for those not native to the Alola region.

People need to be thankful Home still has the National Dex (and actually gives you a nice reward for completing it)
I'm just surprised anyone has the energy to care about it anymore, TBH.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, like

The Hisuian Pokemon effectively went extinct due to a whole bunch of factors

So why this Youngster Joey lookin' ass got a Hisuian Zoroark in Gen 9.
He probably doesn’t and it’s just a picture they threw together to let you know they will be transferred.

If I’m game trainers have them, my guess is the conquistadors stole hisuian Pokémon, imported them to Spain and they managed to survive to modern day somehow.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I understand supporting thousands of Pokémon in a single game just isn't sustainable in the future. It's sad, but I get it.

It was just kinda rough in Sw/Sh, cuz the game had nothing to make up for it lol
TBH I think the only real excuse SwSh had was the tried and true "The suits want this game out for them sweet stacks, and we don't have the time to put them all in. Sucks, but them's the breaks. Take it or leave it."

Granted, no way on earth would said suits let any of the devs share this info, but IMO this is probably why SwSh went down the way it did. This lead to the interviews we got, which, funny enough, were probably always secretly about PLA and onward in the first place: SwSh really feels like 3DS' eras last ride, and they needed it to set up a base for the future.

BDSP doesn't have all of them 'cause it's supposed to be a 1-1 remake, which I can respect.

PLA doesn't have all of them because it actually focused on making a vibrant world filled with all kinds of stuff to do, as well as give the 'Mons we did have infinite more personality. Seeing as how Gen 9 here is doing the same (even better in the visuals department), then nah, I personally am 100% fine with no NatDex. It ain't sustainable, regardless of what Pokémon social media fans who have never touched a piece of code or modeled a single polygon in their life would tell you, or what funny YT Blender user who has zero corporate suits breathing down their neck would tell you.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Man I'm really wondering what happens to the Pokemon we catch in PLA canonically, and by extension our protagonist.

Like, do we stay there forever? Or do we return home eventually? Do our Pokemon come with, or are they all released back into the wild in Hisui to live out their lives and die before any other main game ever occurs? I have too many questions that will probably never happen.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have to say, Mario Kart Wii on 150cc is one of the most stressful gaming experiences I've had in a long time thanks to the random *******.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD I don't know why but getting a like from each of the Starter types made me chuckle:
11w.png

:> Also Popplio is still best Starter for me, so props to ya', Pokelego!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
After trying to find a working DS emulator for an embarrasingly large chunk of the day i started playing Super Robot Wars W, the game just up and dumped characters i recognized on me with Tekkaman Blade and Duo and Quatre from Gundam Wing joining the group during the first two chapters.

It's kind of a nostalgic throwback to play around with Tekkaman Blade, he was one of my Tatsunoko Vs Capcom mains along with Morrigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom