• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's funny to see the general reaction to the starters be 'please don't be humanoid!' I definitely get it as the majority of the Starters post Gen 5 have been that way, but that's like the one thing I constantly see pop up no matter what site I've visited in the past few hours.

Why shouldn’t Scarlet/Violet use Legends battle system?
The current mainline battle system is too tied to the competitive scene and including the drastic changes PLA does probably would shake the boat too much. I can see a few ideas being carried over, but probably not the whole thing.

Ah yeah

The croc debunks the long running theory of the Fire Zodiac.

There's no crocodile in the Chinese Zodiac. So unless it evolves into a snake, it's debunked.
To be honest, it was already rocky with Cyndaquil and Fennekin.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'mma be honest tho

Nintendo is popping off this year with releases, they need to calm down my word.

And if Zelda actually hits this year, too? The heck man, how am I playing any of it when it's a stinkin' Nintendo buffet and the options are as unlimited as the Never Ending Pasta Bowls
at Olive Garden?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You and me both...

Gimme something worth all the K Rool memes i'm gonna be making.
Also, really hoping they make Sprigatito a quad - I'm starved for a good fully evolved cat Pokémon.

I have no expectations from Quaxly though, which is odd because the water starters are almost always at least decent imo. Inteleon is the only straight up bad one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really hope the croc stay quadruped. I think the cat will to most likely, but who knows. Either way I hope both stay on all fours so they fit the animal they represent better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Taurus.

I guarantee Tauros is getting either a new form or new evolution.
There’s only like 6 lines left from Gen 1 that haven’t gotten a a regional or mega or gmax. So Taurus really does stand a good chance, especially when it could have been held back on one for this very region.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly I just want at least one of the starters to be good. I miss having good starters, PLA doesn't count since they're all just new forms.

And with that, Good Night My Gamers

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man as beautiful as Spain is, if they wanted to go with a Spanish place I'm kinda sad they didn't go with anywhere Latin American for the new Pokémon region 😔 there's more interesting biomes there anyway. The biggest shock to me is that this actually came right on time as far as new gens go. SwSh feels like last year still. Pandemic absolutely destroyed any sense of time I think.
They probably just havent done it yet because if they did they would have to include Mew in the regional dex, since it's been established since the beginning of the franchise that Mew specifially comes from a Latin american region.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They probably just havent done it yet because if they did they would have to include Mew in the regional dex, since it's been established since the beginning of the franchise that Mew specifially comes from a Latin american region.
Rip Mew, The disowned child

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom