• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why shouldn’t Scarlet/Violet use Legends battle system?
There's a lot of reasons it wouldn't wirk well for competitive. Items are gone, abilities are gone, status boosting moves are dumbed down, a lot of moves and interesting mechanics are gone in general.

But the big one is the new turn order system. In classic pokemon, if you're in a bad position you can switch out to try to rectify it, which is balanced because it takes a turn. This is the main form of defensive play. In Legends Arceus you can switch out and attack on the same turn - and sometimes even attack twice - before your opponent can do anything to respond. This kills defensive play and would shift the favor of the match in whoever gets to move first (even moreso then in traditional pokemon games).

Most of the mind games, strategy and adaption that define competitive pokemon would be gone, or at least severly limited.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
HunterxHunter is a good anime
Gon.png

Also, I did nothing but draw all day. This drawing is based on this scene.
1646020643167.png

I traced this once to get a feel of it, but the drawing you see now was NOT traced at all. I'm actually high-key happy how it turned out.
Noipoi Noipoi Jondolio Jondolio Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! MooMew64 MooMew64 and anyone else. Yeah.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

> Waiting till the very end of February just to announce a japan only event

Being a Persona fan is a lovely but absolutely frustrating and patience testing experience....

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

> Waiting till the very end of February just to announce a japan only event

Being a Persona fan is a lovely but absolutely frustrating and patience testing experience....
Just like being a Digimon fan outside of Japan.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ya know…watching a buncha Batman movies is hella fun

had to skip Forever, & Robin, and will definitely skip BvS…make room for the good Bruce Timm Batman movies after all

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the rival schools theory holds true, I hope that the opposing school outside of maybe the opposite gender protagonist, are just complete savages; incorporating the asshole rival trope.

It be a fun way to spark new life into that concept with an easy but good execution.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If the rival schools theory holds true, I hope that the opposing school outside of maybe the opposite gender protagonist, are just complete savages; incorporating the asshole rival trope.

It be a fun way to spark new life into that concept with an easy but good execution.
lol I misunderstood this, i thought you were talking about the Capcom fighter.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I spent all day playing FNaF World. Even unlocked all the characters. No small feat of grinding to accomplish that. Wanted to do something that I found just purely enjoyable after the ScarViol was revealed

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon fandom must be one of the few places where people compete with each other to see who can hate children more.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers
Real ones know Mimikyu was the true Gen 7 Ghost type
Decidueye and Palossand tho
Yo

Guys

No more Dynamax
And nothing of value was lost.
HunterxHunter is a good anime
View attachment 346351
Also, I did nothing but draw all day. This drawing is based on this scene.
View attachment 346352
I traced this once to get a feel of it, but the drawing you see now was NOT traced at all. I'm actually high-key happy how it turned out.
Noipoi Noipoi Jondolio Jondolio Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! MooMew64 MooMew64 and anyone else. Yeah.
Ayo this is pretty good man, I'm really glad you enjoyed this show

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a lot of reasons it wouldn't wirk well for competitive. Items are gone, abilities are gone, status boosting moves are dumbed down, a lot of moves and interesting mechanics are gone in general.

But the big one is the new turn order system. In classic pokemon, if you're in a bad position you can switch out to try to rectify it, which is balanced because it takes a turn. This is the main form of defensive play. In Legends Arceus you can switch out and attack on the same turn - and sometimes even attack twice - before your opponent can do anything to respond. This kills defensive play and would shift the favor of the match in whoever gets to move first (even moreso then in traditional pokemon games).

Most of the mind games, strategy and adaption that define competitive pokemon would be gone, or at least severly limited.
Not to mention that the new way IVs and EVs are handled makes everything significantly bulkier as everything can have all 3 defensive stats to the max. I hope Frostbite stays at least, that is flatout godlike

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it funny Gamefreak just so swiftly swept Sword & Shield under the rug and went with the Arceus style.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
With PLA being pretty gucci and Gen 9 coming this year I can safely say that the Pokémon brainrot is back in full swing for me

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Scarlet and Violet having Legends Arceus' gameplay is pretty cool. I'm glad I won't have to say goodbye to it. That said, they do need to tweak the battle system so PvP can actually be a thing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Something I made when Sword and Shield was officially revealed that aged poorly and now has been carried over to Scarlet and Violet
How the flying **** do we still not have a dolphin Pokémon?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Something I made when Sword and Shield was officially revealed that aged poorly and now has been carried over to Scarlet and Violet
How the flying **** do we still not have a dolphin Pokémon?
At this point, i dont give two ****s about a dolphin pokemon anymore and i kinda am sick of hearing people cry about it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Heard you guys like flamenco

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Femme race:

1646060424529.png

“I’m Femme La Llorona. Oh, it’s nothing, you just remind me of somebody I used to know.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Mexican mythology. A ghost of a woman who roams waterfront areas. Her name means “the weeping woman”. Originally, she was a beautiful woman named Xochitl who married and bore two children from a wealthy Spanish man. After learning that his husband has an affair, she drowns her children in a fit of rage and then kills herself in the same river out of regret. Unable to enter the afterlife, she’s forced to stay on earth.

Skills: Media, Hysterical Slap, Bufu, Dustoma

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Holy race.

La Llorona is commonly depicted with a white dress, the tasteful flamenco cut and skull patterns are a novelty. The lack of eyes, while making her seem a little like an extra in a manga, is a very interesting choice to reflect her endless wailing. I think she’s pretty unique as far as MegaTen ghosts go as there’s a clear history from a region not commonly visited by the franchise. I’d like to see her having an actual speaking role, as she has a pretty tragic and clear personality.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m sorry but there was never enough room on this stage for both of us!

I don’t know. I’m bored. And I’m kind of jealous of all of you from being of y’all. You all got something to be excited about yesterday.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: THE FINALE (bye bye negros!)

Well, it's come to an end. 28 Days of Black History, 28 days of fun. For the very last day, I'll be posting my own personal thoughts.
Tbh, this project was far harder than expected. It was tough finding black people in the industry, I had to jump through many loops and hurdles to find someone new. Was it worth? Yeah. But did it make me a little sad? Also yeah.

For those who were stuck under a rock and somehow weren't aware, I am a Black male who has hopes of making a fully fledged game one day. However, seeing the state of the gaming industrt doesn't give me hope. The lack of diversity and the blatant racism is one thing that's turns me off. Seeing people of my color make it through it does fill me with hope. They signed up knowing the issues, and yet they still made it through and made it work. But they all had the same sentiments: where the diversity at? And as for me, I really hope this industry sees a shake up or something.

ATM, if I were to do something, I'd go indie or work in a small team. I may be stromg, but working at AAA at the cost of my mentao health and prejudice ain't worth it imo. But I can applaud those strong enough to brave through it.

Regardless, just know this: I am a black male and I will not let the world forget that. They may try to trample on who I am, but I will get back up 10x stronger. This world doesn't belong to the majority.

I'd like to thank y'all for reading all 28 days, or skimming, or just liking without reading. I know a black person on the boards is like finding a shiny Pokemon, so I was kinda worried how y'all would take it, so I was very happy to see that y'all liked it. Happy February to the white folks, happy BHM to my ******.

Thank you!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
After thinking it over, I'm team Fuecoco

I like Sprigatito's design more but I also think there's a lot more ways they can **** up its final evolution

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m sorry but there was never enough room on this stage for both of us!

I don’t know. I’m bored. And I’m kind of jealous of all of you from being of y’all. You all got something to be excited about yesterday.
You like 3D platformers, right? What do you think of that new Kirby game coming out next month?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
welp…no more Euphoria until 2024
no Marvel until March 30th
no Proud Family until Wednesday
no other Disney animated series until Saturday (Owl House…Amphibia…hella long wait)
no DC shows until whenever Young Justice returns

but at least I can continue my Batman movie marathon for The Batman
and
at least I can begin my WrestleMania + KofiMania marathon starting tomorrow

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Heyy, coming by just to say that I just finished my Half-Life journey! Fr the past few weeks/months, I been playing in order:

Half-Life 1
Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Echoes (A really dang good HL1 mod that fellow a nameless scientifist POV)
Half-Life 2
HL2: Episode 1
HL2: Episode 2
and finally
Black Mesa

If we count them, I also played & finished Portal 1 & 2, just before I played or finished any HL games in fact hehehe.

Suffice to say tho, despite some epic fails here and there and some GAMER rages at some sections. I greatly enjoyed my time with this series, and if there's any good ass HL mods that I can play in the future, you bet I will give them a try. So long my computer can handle it.

With that all said, next up is me finishing Doom 2016!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Behold, I drew Vegeta. I'm honestly happy with how this one turned out! I got a bit better at drawing him.

I still have to refine how to draw Toriyama's style, but it's hard to break new habits, especially those that work better for literally everything else I draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom