• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shigesato Itoi quote retweeted the Direct.

Us Mother fans when we get nothing:
To be fair he also posted yesterday that it looks like snow at 7:am. Which is the time of the direct for him. And with snowman being such an iconic track from the games, we could honestly see actual mother content. I think Nintendo will give into the demand at some point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****ING JUICY

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just briefly considered doing every research task in PLA and then I realized the implications

Just finding some of these Pokémon could take up hours upon hours and then I'd have to grind with them on top of that. You could probably play for a year and still not get all of them if the RNG decides to be extra cruel

tl;dr not doing that lol, at some point I'd be askig myself what the hell I'm doing with my life

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if Dichard Grayson will become the funder for the next Justice League team

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Have you been scratching coronet highlands? They only appear there in distortions. I saw about 8 of them and they alternated each time between having the rowlett line as a rare spawn and then one of the two fossils instead of the rowlett line.
I think I was having poor luck because i remeber I drained myself and took a break. Ill probably try again after doing the post game Legends

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I completed its Pokédex entry and only evolved it 3 times total. There's no real point in completing every single research task as far as I can tell
Doing every single research task increases the shiny rate even further.

Outbreaks make shiny hunting for some pokemon so easy though that it seems like an uneccesary hassel to me.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Doing every single research task increases the shiny rate even further.

Outbreaks make shiny hunting for some pokemon so easy though that it seems like an uneccesary hassel to me.
Huh, neat.

I'm not much of a shiny hunter so this doesn't really affect me but if I ever want a specific shiny then I might get on that. Though probably only for distortion exclusive Pokémon like the starters or something

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Night My Gamers

Enjoy the direct, and let's hope I don't wake up in the middle of the night and check my phone to see what was announced

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I just briefly considered doing every research task in PLA and then I realized the implications

Just finding some of these Pokémon could take up hours upon hours and then I'd have to grind with them on top of that. You could probably play for a year and still not get all of them if the RNG decides to be extra cruel

tl;dr not doing that lol, at some point I'd be askig myself what the hell I'm doing with my life
iirc one of them is having Magikarp use Splash over a hundred times minimum

I'd worry for your sanity

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I completed its Pokédex entry and only evolved it 3 times total. There's no real point in completing every single research task as far as I can tell
It maxes out the shiny odds for the Pokémon as 1 in 1000 roughly, and then 1 in 500 with charm.

not useful for most Pokémon outside of the distortion exclusive ones, starters, and if you want to hunt a shiny alpha easier.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just posting this quickly about how I feel about the Direct.

Stuff I'm hopeful for:

Xenoblade 3.
Excitebike or Wave Race coming to N64 Expansion Pack
Unlikely but Kirby demo.
Surprise 3rd Party port. I'm really betting Alan Wake, Resi or Granblue Fantasy Versus.
Persona or Trails port announcement.
Neo Geo Pocket Collection Vol 2.

Honestly though. I can sum up about how I feel about gaming nowadays with three images:

noanioabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
EuddtOXXUAA8nIx.jpg

After having dream game announced, released and complete with my most wanted in Smash Bros I'm just feeling like:

1644441532936.png

Since then honestly but anything is cool. Just I'm content life wise for gaming at least. I'll post my thoughts after.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can’t wait to get no Kid Icarus content y’all

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Is the EShop still up on the 3DS or is it not?
It's still up, but knowing Nintendo, probably not for much longer.

On the topic of a Direct? I think it's way too soon for Pokémon DLC announcement, so my hopes are on Sploon and BotW2.

I don't need to see more of Kirby, I've already been sold on that one (mostly because you'd have to do a lot wrong to get me to not want a Kirby in the first place).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's still up, but knowing Nintendo, probably not for much longer.

On the topic of a Direct? I think it's way too soon for Pokémon DLC announcement, so my hopes are on Sploon and BotW2.

I don't need to see more of Kirby, I've already been sold on that one (mostly because you'd have to do a lot wrong to get me to not want a Kirby in the first place).
We wouldn't see Pokemon anyways, they announce that in a Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom