• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Your daily dose of top tier design

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

1644417337630.png

“I am Night Maya. Be honest with me: Aren’t you tired of this delirium called ‘r̴̳̆̍͗͗͆̉͘ë̷̢̹̰̗̹́ą̵̳̣͈̈̌̆͘l̴̯̫̀͛͘̕͠ĭ̴̠͖̯̕͜t̸͕͚͉͍̪̥͊͆̔̊̎̚͝ÿ̸̨̲͎͖́͋͜͜͠?”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Hindu mythology. “Illusion” in Sanskrit. In Vedic texts, the word connotes something that constantly changes and thus has no spiritual reality, in contrast with absolute and unchanging Brahman. It’s also an epithet for goddess Lakshmi and a manifestation of her. Maya as a goddess is a deity of dreams and powerful magic. In Buddhist philosophy, Māyā is one of twenty unwholesome mentalities, responsible for deceit.

Skills: Megidolaon, Concentrate, Makarakarn, Slumber Vortex

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Foul race.

This is another of my favorites. Maya’s look exudes mystery and the more you look at her, the less human she appears with her bizarre patterns and inorganic parts. Other than her pitch black body, the single red gem on his face may be a reference to the “false enlightenment” she promises. The exact identity of Maya is less of a goddess and more of a philosophical concept, by the way. Still, she roughly resembles her other part, Lakshmi.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Your daily dose of top tier design

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

View attachment 344670

“I am Night Maya. Be honest with me: Aren’t you tired of this delirium called ‘r̴̳̆̍͗͗͆̉͘ë̷̢̹̰̗̹́ą̵̳̣͈̈̌̆͘l̴̯̫̀͛͘̕͠ĭ̴̠͖̯̕͜t̸͕͚͉͍̪̥͊͆̔̊̎̚͝ÿ̸̨̲͎͖́͋͜͜͠?”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Hindu mythology. “Illusion” in Sanskrit. In Vedic texts, the word connotes something that constantly changes and thus has no spiritual reality, in contrast with absolute and unchanging Brahman. It’s also an epithet for goddess Lakshmi and a manifestation of her. Maya as a goddess is a deity of dreams and powerful magic. In Buddhist philosophy, Māyā is one of twenty unwholesome mentalities, responsible for deceit.

Skills: Megidolaon, Concentrate, Makarakarn, Slumber Vortex

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Foul race.

This is another of my favorites. Maya’s look exudes mystery and the more you look at her, the less human she appears with her bizarre patterns and inorganic parts. Other than her pitch black body, the single red gem on his face may be a reference to the “false enlightenment” she promises. The exact identity of Maya is less of a goddess and more of a philosophical concept, by the way. Still, she roughly resembles her other part, Lakshmi.
Hell yeah this girl carried me through Markabah and Lucifer in SMT4A

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 9.

It's direct day, and we're all gonna react to it. But I wanna take some time ti highlight someone who was sadlt taken away from us too soon.
Etika_in_2019_-_2.jpg

I think we all know who this is. Desmomd Daniel Amofah, or as we call him, Etika. Born in Brooklyn New York, Etika was widely known for his funny reactions to Nintendo Directs, more specifically Smash Bros. He brought up an energy that would remain unmatched and is a huge contributor to the direct hype cycle.

The thing is though, Etika was a funny guy. Too funny. After a while, he got severly depressed, postwd cryptic messages, often showes it on stream, but unfortunately, nobody took him seriously becauae that's all he was: a funny man. They clowned on him, **** on him, derided hin because they didn't believe his depressiom was serious, that it was a joke. It wasn't. Etika disappeared, and was found dead in a river shortly after.

I know this isn't the BHM you all were expexcting, but change of plans given the material today. I just wanna take a moment to use this to highlight black mental health ans how it's not taken seriously in comparison to their white counterparts. There's many black peeps like Etika, but aren't taken seriously because of stereotyoes it because that doesn't fit the mold of their persona. We're people too, we got complex feelings as well, please don't ignore cries for help or pass them off as non serious. That could mean life or death.

Rest in Peace, Etika.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Eric Andre just got into NFTs

It's direct day, and we're all gonna react to it. But I wanna take some time ti highlight someone who was sadlt taken away from us too soon.
View attachment 344671
I think we all know who this is. Desmomd Daniel Amofah, or as we call him, Etika. Born in Brooklyn New York, Etika was widely known for his funny reactions to Nintendo Directs, more specifically Smash Bros. He brought up an energy that would remain unmatched and is a huge contributor to the direct hype cycle.

The thing is though, Etika was a funny guy. Too funny. After a while, he got severly depressed, postwd cryptic messages, often showes it on stream, but unfortunately, nobody took him seriously becauae that's all he was: a funny man. They clowned on him, **** on him, derided hin because they didn't believe his depressiom was serious, that it was a joke. It wasn't. Etika disappeared, and was found dead in a river shortly after.

I know this isn't the BHM you all were expexcting, but change of plans given the material today. I just wanna take a moment to use this to highlight black mental health ans how it's not taken seriously in comparison to their white counterparts. There's many black peeps like Etika, but aren't taken seriously because of stereotyoes it because that doesn't fit the mold of their persona. We're people too, we got complex feelings as well, please don't ignore cries for help or pass them off as non serious. That could mean life or death.

Rest in Peace, Etika.
R.I.P
2f0.gif

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm back home after a long and nice day of meeting friends. And I spent over $60/£45 in food alone plus another tenner for manga.
Yes.
I spend a lot on sushi plus a few other things. Bought beef teriyaki, spicy ramen and a mint tea on top. Also bought this gem.

1644423402588.png

The spinoff/sequel series to Nichijou.

I spoke a ****load and I found out some weird and morbid stuff. Still, just three friends meeting over sushi and drink. I feel content. And one of them summed why she meets with me and another so much.
"Cause you two, at least I know that I'm not getting a bunch of a-holes. "

I'm gonna sleep and then wake up for the big Direct-o.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

View attachment 344671

Rest in Peace, Etika.
Sucks we never got to see him react to Sora. It would have been really fun to watch. Mental health in general gets treated so badly in the states though. The pandemic making it even worse with how many people have to work through it and all the stress and harm it’s caused to people. Really wish we had better initiatives to help people. May be Rest In Peace though, and hopefully not in vain, with his story being able to help someone else down the line.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I forgot to post in here yesterday but dam am I excited for the Direct. You all know I'll be cheering for Xenoblade 3, or at least something Xenoblade related. Whether it be Xenoblade X DE or something else like Xenoblade Warriors, I'll eat it up. Other than that, I have no real predictions. Or wants aside from maybe a little more Kirby info and some surprise 3rd party announcements.

I just really, really want to see what's next for Xenoblade. Some aspects of 1 and 2's endings, plus Future Connected and some of Takahashi's words in regards to Future Connected heavily implies we could see some really interesting things in Xenoblade 3.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Seeing this and all I'm thinking now:
There's a lot of unfounded fear surrounding nuclear energy but this is actually pretty cool news.

As the article says, we still have decades until we can produce net-positive energy from atomic fusion but things like this make you excited about the possibility of seeing it in our lifetime.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Holy **** I just randomly found this in a space time distortion:
View attachment 344685
Oh jeeze that is insanely lucky. And Cranidos has an amazing shiny as well.

I plan on shiny hunting one of those bad boys in BDSP one if these days but know for the time being that I am very jealous.

Reactions: Z25
D

Deleted member

Just got done grinding to unlock Sylveon in Pokemon Unite. Then I'll pick Decidueye from the Lunar New Year event later and that's then pretty much it when it comes to my favorite Pokemon that made it into the game.

Too bad they're all attackers, because normally I prefer to play support in online games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
PLA put me in a mood to play the old Pokemon games that I never got a chance to play.

After I beat PLA, I'll finish my FireRed Randomizer, and the move onto Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, B&W2, X&Y, ORAS, and then USUM and see if my percieved thoughts on these games were true or not.

Shoutouts to emulation for having a broke college kid's back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And next for the Black History Month fan-art pieces is Bumblebee. I wanted to draw her since I thought she was a bit underrated. Went with her TV show design, since that's how I, and alot of people first saw the character as a kid. Much like most of the Teen Titans. That, and I thought her 2003 design was pretty fun anyway.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
PLA put me in a mood to play the old Pokemon games that I never got a chance to play.

After I beat PLA, I'll finish my FireRed Randomizer, and the move onto Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, B&W2, X&Y, ORAS, and then USUM and see if my percieved thoughts on these games were true or not.

Shoutouts to emulation for having a broke college kid's back.
On that note, wtf
Screenshot_20220208-142938_Chrome.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You ************, ive been looking for this ***** for days for the pokedex and you get a shiny one-why I outta
Have you been scratching coronet highlands? They only appear there in distortions. I saw about 8 of them and they alternated each time between having the rowlett line as a rare spawn and then one of the two fossils instead of the rowlett line.
I have like 6 Sun Stone and there's only one Pokémon in the game that evolves by exposure to them
If you want to perfect it’s pokedex entry, I think you need to evolve it like 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom